To all the people whining and wasting space on the forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

lumin30

Oct 19, 2011
Go make points to your wife and friends... let's talk about Android and the SGS4G on the forum. You aren't going to change anybody. LET IT GO! If you think you can do things better than the rest (i.e. the wiki) - go for it.

C

chris31jct

This forum is so full of crap... What a shame. I think the problem is with devs releasing early versions of their work. Also, I think trolling is necessary every once in a while. How many times have one has to answer same things? Like I said on a post that got deleted in Valhalla Black thread...

If devs have the phone then they should be able to test it and instead of giving alpha or beta or charlie or delta or f**k releases I think it's best for the whole community which they are part too for them just to release an almost final version and the final. This will stop the trolling, whining, repeated questions, unnecessary posts and the cluster in the forums.

Also, noobs have to learn that every damn "problem" when flashing a ROM has ONLY these steps to solve the problem:
1. wipe
2. fix permissions
3. check mounts
4. reflash
5. re download
6. use a one click
7. go back the whole process

One comes and ask for something and some smart ass think he is a developer rockstar cuz' he tells one of these things... THAT WORK FOR MOSTLY EVERY ISSUE!

Also, there seems to be little modding within this forum and we may have here some people that would volunteer for it. Why not nominate someone to be actively modding the forum? That is instead of everyone posting their way of "how to do it correctly".

As far as I have seen... everyone here posts too much. Need to stfu every once in a while. I could mention some that really post f'ing way through hell and heaven much and about the same useless crap they are trying to stop.

TO MODERATORS: WE NEED SOME MAJOR CLEANING IN THIS FORUMS!!!

TO NOOBS: READ!

TO SENIORS: STOP THE *****ING!!!

TO DEVS: We are patient with your work, be patient with us, please!

TO EVERYONE NOT IN THE FORUM BUT LOOKING TO BUY THIS PHONE: DON'T!

TO EVERYONE NOT IN THE FORUM BUT WITH THE PHONE: Watch out, stay out!

No need to reply or please for the love of your gods and whole unborn humanity: DON'T QUOTE MY WHOLE POST! Thanks!

Last edited:

eollie

Mar 30, 2011
For somebody not part of this community this place looks like a live fire range.

There are people that want to help clean the place up and get the nonsense slimmed down. Then there is the people that ***** about it and five posts later are doing exact same thing.

IMO the people that keep saying it wont make a difference, well they are the ones that enjoy the flaming, trolling, *****ing and moaning. Read this thread the people that are disputing with the op are the worst offenders.

I'm simply saying be friendly. The overall activity of the community has gotten way too hostile. Noobs will be noobs, not that I approve of it, that doesn't mean our older members have to be dicks.
This statement is so dead on.

Regarding noobs will be noobs, its true and if you help them most of the time they will not bother you more. If you are nice to them and inform them they are posting it the wrong area most of them will apologize and go to the proper sub forum. In time if they stick around they arent noobs anymore just more people to help the true incoming noobs.

One last thing Devs you want people to post the questions in the proper thread? Create one when you post your dev thread. Link it in your dev thread. Stop telling people to use search and instead just link to your question thread or to your original posts with bugs, changes, or temp fixes.

C

chris31jct

LOL I keep getting my posts deleted WHAT THE F**K!!!

F***ING report THIS.

Sorry for being so clever. U MAD?!

Last edited:

lumin30

Oct 19, 2011
I didn't report you. And nothing in this forum makes me mad in case that was said to me. But I swear eollie is a woman. Just saying.

Last edited:
C

chris31jct

@lumin30

I never said it was you. Also, I think you and eollie need to make peace. This is going nowhere. In the end everyone does whatever they wants. Also, I have seen him, as you, helping others. So you two are good guys... now shake hands and move on. :) We should all contribute to a Wiki... hell I would start one but my guides and advices are not that well explained. Anyway, I think its a good idea to get some Mods to cleanup. I insist. I mean to get posts and threads deleted.
----------------------------
@eollie

I posted something else and it's gone.
----------------------------

I got nothing against anyone here. Yeah some are annoying but not everyone is a 100 dollar. We should accept each other. Stop the *****ing and live with noobs asking and posting in wrong areas and having devs releasing buggy stuff and people complaining with not logcats, trolls trolling and flamers flaming... etc... It is fun watching all this happening. How long we have been with it? It is a forum after all.

lumin30

Oct 19, 2011
We have a wiki.

And I can care less about eollie. He seems to think people give a **** about his sermons. We don't need a preacher. If it matters to him he should set an example instead of cramming it down our throats in so many threads. If he wants to continue on acting like the devs and mods are paid employees and should do things a certain way - and insisting on everybody else acting a certain way that is acceptable to him - and I read it - I will continue calling bull**** bull**** which is 90% of what he posts.

eollie

Mar 30, 2011
lumin Ive said it so many times. If you dont like what I have to say ignore it. But you cant you like insulting people and claiming you know whats best.

I think you would be surprised at how many people think Im right. I know the devs aren't paid for ****s sake if they were we would have ICS, CM7, and MIUI already. They do this on their own time.

Nothing I have suggested is really out of order.

lumin30

Oct 19, 2011
lumin Ive said it so many times. If you dont like what I have to say ignore it. But you cant you like insulting people and claiming you know whats best.

I think you would be surprised at how many people think Im right. I know the devs aren't paid for ****s sake if they were we would have ICS, CM7, and MIUI already. They do this on their own time.

Nothing I have suggested is really out of order.

I'll make a deal with you eollie - I'll ignore your bull**** sermons that I dislike if you will ignore the posts you dislike. Deal?

Juls317

Feb 2, 2011
Indy
I'll make a deal with you eollie - I'll ignore your bull**** sermons that I dislike if you will ignore the posts you dislike. Deal?

or how about i just report the both of you and get all of these useless posts deleted? i like that plan. sending a pm to lufc

Last edited:
Reactions: mabry

eollie

Mar 30, 2011
or how about i just report the both of you and get all of these useless posts deleted? i like that plan. sending a pm to lufc

Technically these posts are in the right thread. They are on topic.

lumin I pretty much ignore things I dont agree with you on. Unless you are posting in response to something I posted. I only think its fair that I am permitted to respond. Go back and look at my posts. None of them are directed at you, until you say something to me. /shrug

I know I wont change your mind. But I dont think it fair that I have to deal with you and your constant berating any and every thing I post. Hell I posted a link earlier and you HAD to include your opinion instead of just letting the poster try it and if it didnt work he could ask for help.

lumin30

Oct 19, 2011
yes, but they are disruptive and add clutter to the thread, plus there is a "rule" about cussing which you have both violated anyway

Isn't it past your bedtime? Clutter in the thread? You have to be kidding me. Just report it and quit adding to the "clutter."

eollie

Mar 30, 2011
Hehe

The guy wanted to go back to Froyo stock and start over. My post was telling him he didn't need to and why. Damn you are sensitive.

I was just pointing out how it doesnt matter what I post you follow behind and post either calling my post useless or something.

wait for it he will respond. he just cant let anything die.

Juls317 shall I edit it so as not to offend you? Also where is this "rule"? Because what I see is posted below.

MikeChannon said:

RaverX3X

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jun 13, 2011
Cali
can both of you just stop really im tired of reading it from both of you ok....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    If you have a problem with someone keep it between yourselves. You can argue with people all you want over pm.

Dev threads are for dev related materials. This means critiques, error reporting, LOGS, and relivent info. What this does not include is arguing with people. Also posts that comment to the op, saying I'm not flashing this because... please no.

Also replying to a question with this belongs here wastes space. If you don't know don't reply. If you do, answer it or post a link to a thread with the answer and then say this belongs here. We don't need 3 this belongs here to every question before someone has the heart to answer it. You're adding to the mess.

Also please read ravers post clarifying the sections. The community is becoming way too whiny and every thread is becoming a flame war.
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1517199

Sent from my SGH-T959V using XDA App
    This is addressing a different issue. The main thing here, we are a community. We all want basically the same things. We don't want to read through the flaming of other users and posting counterproductive things. Yes people will post questions in the wrong sections, etc, but it doesn't warrant 5 posts complaining about it's misplacement when it would take one to clarify and inform him KINDLY it's in the wrong place for future posts. Yes that search feature is nice, and things are crowded, but people make mistakes. We need to be a community and treat eachother with respect instead of whining and complaining at everyone.
    Enough is enough....I'm sick of seeing petty arguing about absolutely nothing. I'm sure everyone else is too.

If I see anymore crap from ANYONE, I'll just do a straight ban...simple as that.
    Well if you DO follow his actions then you'd be in our IRC channel helping us debug and giving us logs. Hampster's one of the only new names that I've seen giving us legitimate help lately.

FB I don't plan on following others' actions. And I am not saying what he said in the OP doesn't have merit. However, it seems after he posted this he has been on a posting spree in the dev section... adding to the clutter he denounced in this post. Hell he even accidentally started thread today in the dev section talking about starting a Wiki...

I don't know how me joining the IRC channel will benefit you guys or help. I hope to help by answering noob questions so you guys don't have to. We are going to have to do hand holding whether we want to or not... I am resigned to that fact... therefore, I do my best to handle as many those requests as possible.