[ROM] PARANOIDANDROID [CM9HYBRID] Obsolete

Search This thread

Sproid

Sep 13, 2010
sms works

Sms works for me on stock app. No other installed.
I would like to make some requests. Pin lock screen a little more big. Fonts bit more big, especially on Titanium backup. Option to reduce icons on the appdrawer. Some work on weird widgets behavior. I leave you with 2 sceershots of this Great rom
Screenshot_2012-05-06-10-40-56.png

Screenshot_2012-05-06-10-40-32.png

https://www.dropbox.com/s/j0wfzusyki8d64f/Screenshot_2012-05-06-10-40-32.png
https://www.dropbox.com/s/63edhp8ut9envav/Screenshot_2012-05-06-10-40-56.png

Last edited:

molesarecoming

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 12, 2012
Berlin
paranoid_changelogjmkth.png

• 20120506v0.4preview: Apps were too small? Problem solved!
  • Define the scale of your apps, system-apps, framework-components and even widgets in /system/pad.prop
  • 31 character limitation gone
  • No Reboot required, restart your app and it should pick up fresh values
  • Also contains a hacked version of Google Talk, messages use up the full screen now, you don't get these awful stretched message windows anymore

Last edited:

molesarecoming

Feb 12, 2012
Berlin
Can someone explain what this is and how we use it?

its more like a toy for experienced users right now. its in /system/pad.prop - you can edit that stuff there but you dont need to, this rom will just work for you. the only exception is keyboards, these MUST be at 192 and if you use one that we didnt include in that list right now it will blow over a bit. if you wanna try get a root explorer and navigate it there, open that file and change something. this stuff will be integrated in a panel when its done.

molesarecoming

Feb 12, 2012
Berlin
Have been experiencing random reboots. Any ideas?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

hmmm shouldnt be. wipe caches again, fix permissions. in the worst case fullwipe. havanet had a reboot since i begun that project - it should run clean. :)

i cant use google keyboard from market..

need
more
input

what, you mean you cant download one from play? in that case you need to use our gapps, its important. or the one that you did downloiad screws up? thats expected, you need to define it at 192 dpi in your /system/pad.prop

Can we use an alternate launcher other than Trebuchet?

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Nexus CDMA using Tapatalk 2

sure, its your rom, make yourself at home. i recommend trebuchet though coz we're actually breeding over its source making it fit better into the hybrid context than any other launcher. i have seen really really good screenshots from nova prime in hybrid mode though. note, launcher also like base dpi, just like keyboards. at least that was my experience.

Reactions: bdubs4200

smohanv

Nov 5, 2006
Higham, Rochester, Kent
Hi

You are right. I am trying to change resolution of touchpal (very nice smart keyboard available on market) using the command below in pad.prop. The keyboard is still not spread to the width of the screen (please see screenshot attached). Tweaking this prop file works for every other apps.

Code:
pa.com.cootek.smartinputv5.dd=240

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1336424971781.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1336424971781.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 149
  • uploadfromtaptalk1336424990362.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1336424990362.jpg
    104 KB · Views: 144

molesarecoming

Feb 12, 2012
Berlin
can still be that this keyboard is not laid out for tablet contexts. on our old topic where this thing was still based on a simple mod we has to pick keyboards because many didn't work. you have more options though, .dd is dpi, 192 is base, 320 is stock. .d is density, usuallay dpi /160, so for stock its 2 and in tablet more 1.2. .sd is scaleddensity, same value as .d usually but it controls fonts. you might wanna play with that, set a dpi, divide it by 160 and get larger than that. still, some apps are simply incompatible with scaling, they come with weird fixed layouts and wont work whatever you try. in that case just take another keyboard or bug the developers to take care of their sw600dp res folders OR, if youre a hacker, rename the apk to zip, open it in winrar or 7zip and delete all higher layout folders in /res and try if it still runs. this is what i did to latinIME to make it work actually - i compiled it though but it should theoretically also work manually.

Reactions: smohanv

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

paranoid.png

op-1_nexus.png

op-2_nexus.png

op-3_nexus.png

op-4_nexus.png

op-5_nexus.png

paranoid_notab.png

This is an ongoing developer project to make way for a modification that will entirely transform your device, but retain the aesthetics and the experience of your phone. I know you've seen tablet mode roms before, and indeed it's a start, but this ain't enough. This thing has potential, but it is wasted the moment you try to stuff a full blown tablet into your poor phone. Yet we all know our high res phones can very well handle more than silly 1-column layouts. So the magic must be in between somewhere, a place that Google must have overlooked and left blank.
    Yes, this rom strives to drop your device into tablet mode, but it won't stop there, it will reshape and redefine ICS to make it all a usefull addition and not just a cute novelty. i'm calling it: Hybrid Mode, best of both worlds.

Donations to CM http://forum.cyanogenmod.com/donate, to D4rKn3sSyShttp://xdaforums.com/donatetome.php?u=3484876, to me http://xdaforums.com/donatetome.php?u=4491046

paranoid_instructions.png

paranoid_hints.png

• Go to Settings, System, Font size, set it to NORMAL
    • Check "Auto Hide" in Settings, System, Statusbar, to finally get Fullscreen
    • Trebuchet Settings: margins:SMALL, show permanent searchbar:YES, Grid: 5x4, resize all widgets:YES, Wallpaper scrolling: OFF
    • Themes and other goodies you can find here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1646034

paranoid_trouble.png

• ---

paranoid_credits.png

paranoid_changelog.png

• 20120521v0.9beta: P.A.L., PROBABLY THE MOST AWESOME FEATURE EVER
    • First time in Android history that Per-App-Layout has been realized
    • Comes with a better panel
    • Allows you to switch between Phone mode (with curtain and bear paw buttons) and tablet UI seamlessly. PAD & PAL work in both domains. That means you can have 3d Youtube in 320 dpi standard Phone mode or mobile Chrome without those horrible tabs in 192 Dpi Tablet mode.
    • Since PAL solved all scaling issues our Trebuchet fork is now obsolete. It comes with Nova 1.1.4 projected into mobile layout.

• 20120517v0.6beta: Bugfixes, new PAD panel, Fullscreen-toggle
    • Fresh cm9 repo
    • Franco Milestone 3
    • Bugfixes for PAD preventing it from screwing up some apps (notification icons were bigger for some apps, launchers would display icons bigger or smaller, etc.)
    • New PAD panel, lists DPI's, can delete values again
    • Powermenu Fullscreen-toggle, this finally allows you to play games without navigationbar!

• 20120504v0.4preview: Apps were too small? Problem solved!
    • First ever Android ROM with Per-App-Density feature, it once and for all solves the problem that was tablet mode. You never, ever have to deal with apps that are too small again since now you can decide how apps, systemapps, framework-elements and even widgets are scaled by defining their native dpi seperately from the system DPI. Its an experimental feature and for now these values are defined in your /system/build.prop - it has drawbacks (maily notifications can look a bit strange), but that will be fixed in time. Warning: Keyboards MUST run in system DPI!
    • A list of apps and predefined values is included, this should include most of what you need. everything else is blown up to 210 dpi per standard. if you still need apps to be bigger, get a build.prop editor from the market, edit and reboot.
    • Trebuchet fixes: Folder Name cut-off, landscape name cut-off, divider bars
    • Please set your Font to "Normal" in the System Settings, you won't need "Huge" anymore and all this does now is provoke overlapping.

• 20120430v0.3alpha:
    • Freshest CM9 Repo
    • Forked Trebuchet and rewrote its layout and parts of its code to adapt it to tablet mode. I went for stock look plus tablet controls and changed the number of icons/widgets shown in the drawer. It's butter-smooth aswell. It has kinks left, those will be solved in the coming days!
    • 100% fixed android standard keyboard
    • Better Bootanimation
    • Fixed Gapps package based on 20120429 including Gmail and a working Market

• 20120427v0.2pre-alpha-gapps:
    • Fixed Gapps package based on 20120422 including Gmail and a working Market

• 20120425v0.1pre-alpha:
    • freshest CM9/nightly repo build (25/04)
    • recents window way nicer than before. close to stock. i only need to get rid of that darn gradient
    • keyboard looks like stock now
    • new bootanimation
    • camera works
    • comes with cm9 repo kernel, no color tint
    • notification clock is smaller, won't overlap so easy

• 20120425v0.0pre-alpha:
    • freshest CM9/nightly repo build set to tablet mode
    • Hacked Nova. I know 1.1 is out, but this one is still closer to stock
    • Androids keyboard reacts hellish in tablet mode. I fixed it but its still too large, tomorrow i'll fix it proper
    • I was trying make to recents window look more like stock. COULD be the thumbnails are a tad bigger than before but i'll get to that don't worry
    • 2 notifications icons max in portrait for now to prevent overlapping
    • Settings comes as the first item in the notification panel, hated to scroll down every time
    • ALOT will follow, please be patient, i made all that stuff blind because it needed ~13 hours to compile. now compiling is alot faster and i'll see to it that we will have true hybrid mode very soon
    Native Sprint test build

Here is a native Sprint test build from source. Working for me so far after more than 30 seconds of exhaustive testing. YMMV.

pa-toroplus-1.1b-test-09JUN2012-190412-signed
    roaming indictator Off sounds like a fullwipe candidate if you ask me. or at least a severe cache wipe. no carrier text is normal though, it has been like that with cm for quite a while, but only for u guys, maguro is fine.

sprint updates i dont even know what that is. i do not compile your cm i compile maguro. i port maguro to toro so it wont have anything carrier related stuff in it. im looking for someone who takes toro and toroplus out of my hands, you'd have a better support then as i do not own your device.

At least part of the issues with sprint/mms is due to differences between the maguro/toroplus overlays. The toroplus overlay include the eri.xml file which deals with the roaming indicator, and the toroplus_overlay version of frameworks/base/core/res/res/values/config.xml sets the value of config_mms_content_disposition_support to false to accommodate sprints broken content disposition handling for mms. This gets compiled into framework-res at build time, so to fix it requires performing a toroplus specific build, or decompiling and rebuilding the binary with the correct values for toroplus.
    ok guys. sorry i was so scarce recently, i had alot of work to do. 1.1 is out for maguro and it brings tons of new features - but your rom will be compiled and maintained by jaybob413. this means someone who's got himself a cdma device will look over it, many of the troubles you've had will probably disappear (sms. carrier-label, etc.). because of this you need to endure a slight delay.

i advise you to wait, simply coz the surprise is bigger. but for those of you with technical inclinations i made you a small cooking receipe:

make a nandroid
    download cm9 nightly from 29-05
    download 0.9-TORO and 1.1-MAGURO
    open 0.9 with winrar or 7zip
    copy /system/build.prop from 0.9 into nightly
    copy /system/pad.prop from 1.1 into nightly
    copy /system/bootanimation.zip from 1.1 into nightly
    copy /system/app from 1.1 into nightly
    copy /system/framework from 1.1 into nightly
    reboot and cross fingers it'll reboot ---- with luck it will, if not, soon you'll have a real rom.

:)