Got my Xperia Z!!! :)

Search This thread

XDA mark

Dec 30, 2009
Rotterdam (NL) & Timisoara (RO)
I was still having tiny hope the phone would come with a free dock for "wireless" charging via the gold pins on the left side.

Any idea if the dock is/will available at launch (now xD)? And if yes, any prices known?

hebbe

Feb 21, 2008
I was still having tiny hope the phone would come with a free dock for "wireless" charging via the gold pins on the left side.

Any idea if the dock is/will available at launch (now xD)? And if yes, any prices known?

i think it's depending on where you buy your phone. i got a charging-station included.

huball

Nov 29, 2006
Warsaw
Any lag, stuttering, or frame drops when opening apps and moving around the UI?

For a few minutes after the first launch. Buttery smooth after that, Even after restarts. This thing is extreamly fast :)
Found first bug :( Sometimes the keyboard stops vibrating. It returns to normal later. I still didn't figure when :p
The next thing is, that a lot of 3D games from Google Play are "not compatible with your device". I guess its just the matter of time, until they're updated.

Sent from my C6603 using xda app-developers app

kuba1410

Mar 7, 2010
Wrocław
Thats the funniest thing i've read on XDA. :laugh::good:

Feel a bit stupid now. At least I made someone laugh.

For a few minutes after the first launch. Buttery smooth after that, Even after restarts. This thing is extreamly fast :)
Found first bug :( Sometimes the keyboard stops vibrating. It returns to normal later. I still didn't figure when :p
The next thing is, that a lot of 3D games from Google Play are "not compatible with your device". I guess its just the matter of time, until they're updated.

It is indeed extremely fast. No lag, stutter whatsoever.
Did you notice any issues with gmail push notifications? In two instances today it failed to notify two emails (appeared only after manual refresh in the app).

sfkaudi

Mar 8, 2011
Silkeborg
Sv: Got my Xperia Z!!! :)

Hey is there any different of the media sound, notification and ringtones in your handset and Xperia s

Sent from my LT26i using xda premium

Last edited:

huball

Nov 29, 2006
Warsaw
Feel a bit stupid now. At least I made someone laugh.

No, not yet.

It is indeed extremely fast. No lag, stutter whatsoever.
Did you notice any issues with gmail push notifications? In two instances today it failed to notify two emails (appeared only after manual refresh in the app).

huball

Nov 29, 2006
Warsaw
I have to admit, this phone is munching the battery pretty swiftly :/

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1361573387905.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1361573387905.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 876

Fasty12

Aug 22, 2010
Gmaps

Can you try to open Gmaps to see if the transition animation when opening and closing is as smooth as other apps please?

huball

Nov 29, 2006
Warsaw
Small question yet vital: Can you use the whole screen with only one hand easily and comfy?

I have to slide it a little in my hand to touch the opposite top corner with my thumb, and I have a pretty big hands. So, yes, I can use the whole screen with one hand, but the phone is not sitting securely sometimes.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Probably it's me, but I screwed up putting on the protectors. Bubbles everywhere. The NFC sensor on the back also creates a bubble as it is raised.

This is just a sticker pointing to where the NFC chips is located, you can safely remove it before applying the screen protector.
    Zaaaaaaaaajebista!!! :)

OK, Tell me what you want to know and I'll tell you.
    I guess that most of the people are interested in screen quality :p
    I have to tell you that I was terrified, when I first turned in on. It looked like the one that I saw i Sony Center. Totaly washed out colors. No blacks etc. Than I changed wallpaper to a picure with lots of black, and Tada!! Beautiful black and contrast!!!!! Sony just changed colors of the whole UI, so there is no black, only gray :D:D:D. Apps and wallpapers look great!

Yes, I have seen it myself in real life and can confirm this. The screen looks much better then people expect. Plus that everybody now has their "expectations" set to low, they will be even more impressed. I mean come on, would you really think Sony would put a TERRIBLE display in their flagship? They want to capture the market, you are not going to do that with a terrible screen.

The screen is SHARP, BIG, BEAUTIFUL. Indeed, Sony has chosen a lot of gray instead of black (bottom nav bar + status bar + background in settings). That's not a washed out screen, that's just the colour Sony chose. I can understand people are confused by this, I was as well. But when I saw the screen in real life, I saw that's it's a good screen. Yes, the viewing angles are not as good as the S-LCD3/HD AMOLED screens, but it's not THAT bad as some pictures made you think.

I think that the XZ offers so much that those "not perfect" viewing angles can go to hell
    Any lag, stuttering, or frame drops when opening apps and moving around the UI?

I think you should remove it

Permanently? Won't I lose NFC capability then?