[Q] How to internet resize and settings question? How to minimize and close?

Search This thread

Hahahalalala

Apr 12, 2013
1.Hello, so the old note 10.1 has a "resize/multi window" button on the top right corner, how do I resize the internet browser in the 2014 edition w/o going into multi-window mode? As in just dragging the window a bit smaller?

2. Also, for settings - is it possible for settings to be in multi-window mode? I'd rather have it on the side so I can browse the internet while playing with the settings?

3. Anyway to close the internet browser by just pressing "x" in the corner or somewhere?

4. Also, how to resize apps like gallery w/o doing multiwindow?

5. Anyone else experience lag a bit w/ BT keyboard? When I get the word "English (US)" on bottom I always experience a bit of lag? Fix? I disabled onscreen keyboard.

6. For registering the $600 dollar parks, it keeps saying incorrect serial number and MAC address? I cannot seem to register.

Thanks!

Last edited:

BarryH_GEG

Jan 16, 2009
Spokane, Washington
Hello, so the old note 10.1 has a "resize/multi window" button on the top right corner, how do I resize the internet browser in the 2014 edition w/o going into multi-window mode? As in just dragging the window a bit smaller?

You don't. If you want a resizable window open the browser in Pen Window using Air Command. Once you do, when you minimize it, you'll get a floating icon that lets you use your N10.1-14 normally but by clicking on the icon you can then open the browser at any time. A Multi View option like what you know as "Cascade" on the old Note is coming in the 4.4/M-UX update.

Also, for settings - is it possible for settings to be in multi-window mode? I'd rather have it on the side so I can browse the internet while playing with the settings?

No. But using the above you can open a browser and have it running on top of anything else you want.

Anyway to close the internet browser by just pressing "x" in the corner or somewhere?

If you have a single browsing session up clicking "X" on its tab closes it and ends your Internet session (hitting "back" exists out of the browser). If you have multiple tabs open hit the menu button and select "close all."

Also, how to resize apps like gallery w/o doing multiwindow?

No resizing, other than Pen Window apps, until 4.4/M-UX.

Anyone else experience lag a bit w/ BT keyboard? When I get the word "English (US)" on bottom I always experience a bit of lag? Fix? I disabled onscreen keyboard.

I get the pop-up but it doesn't cause any lag. I'm using a Samsung keyboard.

For registering the $600 dollar parks, it keeps saying incorrect serial number and MAC address? I cannot seem to register.

Do you have a Groupon refurb? It may have been previously registered. If not, contact Samsung support they've been pretty helpful according to those that posted issues getting the perks credit.

Reactions: Hahahalalala

Hahahalalala

Apr 12, 2013
You don't. If you want a resizable window open the browser in Pen Window using Air Command. Once you do, when you minimize it, you'll get a floating icon that lets you use your N10.1-14 normally but by clicking on the icon you can then open the browser at any time. A Multi View option like what you know as "Cascade" on the old Note is coming in the 4.4/M-UX update.

No. But using the above you can open a browser and have it running on top of anything else you want.

If you have a single browsing session up clicking "X" on its tab closes it and ends your Internet session (hitting "back" exists out of the browser). If you have multiple tabs open hit the menu button and select "close all."

Do you have a Groupon refurb? It may have been previously registered. If not, contact Samsung support they've been pretty helpful according to those that posted issues getting the perks credit.

Woah, thanks. This was so helpful.

Another 3 questions:

1. Last one Moon reader+ supported multi-window and where I would just minimize moon reader and have the internet in the background? Is there any way to do this or do I wait until next update for casacae mode? Moon reader+ is a ebook reader btw. I was also able to move Moon Reader+ around wherever I wanted. I can't seem to do that here.

2. Bluetooth keyboard tends to lag in LectureNotes (badly) and has a slight, but annoying lag in QuickOffice. This doesn't seem to happen in Polaris Office, or when I do short typing. But once I type longer it starts lagging and sometimes English(US) pops up and cause more lag. Anyway to fix this? thanks.
I have Microsoft Wedge and this worked perfectly on my Note 10.1 2012.

Also, anyway to resize and move applications around that used to support multi-window? Like resizing any way you want to, not just to the right or left. How come some had multi-window in previous Note, but not anymore in this one? Like lectureNotes?

3. Another odd one is Polaris Office 5 says it cannot open a .docx file right after I downloaded it because it isn't supported. But it works fine when I look for it in file browsing in PO5.

Last edited:

Duly.noted

Dec 5, 2013
1.Hello, so the old note 10.1 has a "resize/multi window" button on the top right corner, how do I resize the internet browser in the 2014 edition w/o going into multi-window mode? As in just dragging the window a bit smaller?

2. Also, for settings - is it possible for settings to be in multi-window mode? I'd rather have it on the side so I can browse the internet while playing with the settings?

3. Anyway to close the internet browser by just pressing "x" in the corner or somewhere?

4. Also, how to resize apps like gallery w/o doing multiwindow?

5. Anyone else experience lag a bit w/ BT keyboard? When I get the word "English (US)" on bottom I always experience a bit of lag? Fix? I disabled onscreen keyboard.

6. For registering the $600 dollar parks, it keeps saying incorrect serial number and MAC address? I cannot seem to register.

Thanks!

Root and install multi window manager to set any app multi window including settings and install 4 way multi window to be able to Just tap the browser from the multi window tab to open up in a floating resizeable window like per window. Oh and use 4 apps simultaneously as well,

Sent from my SM-P600 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Hahahalalala

Apr 12, 2013
Root and install multi window manager to set any app multi window including settings and install 4 way multi window to be able to Just tap the browser from the multi window tab to open up in a floating resizeable window like per window. Oh and use 4 apps simultaneously as well,

Sent from my SM-P600 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Thanks, but I don't want to root :/.

So, no multi-window feature anymore?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello, so the old note 10.1 has a "resize/multi window" button on the top right corner, how do I resize the internet browser in the 2014 edition w/o going into multi-window mode? As in just dragging the window a bit smaller?

Also, for settings - is it possible for settings to be in multi-window mode? I'd rather have it on the side so I can browse the internet while playing with the settings?

Anyway to close the internet browser by just pressing "x" in the corner or somewhere?

Also, how to resize apps like gallery w/o doing multiwindow?

Anyone else experience lag a bit w/ BT keyboard? When I get the word "English (US)" on bottom I always experience a bit of lag? Fix? I disabled onscreen keyboard.

For registering the $600 dollar parks, it keeps saying incorrect serial number and MAC address? I cannot seem to register.