[Audio] V4A Flashable | AROMA installer available

Search This thread

FlyinGrub

Nov 17, 2012
V4A Recovery Flashable .zip​

Hi,
I made a flashable .zip wich install V4A and the driver for our nexus.
Very usefull with the flashafterupdate folder for those who use Omni or those who want to install this great app directly after flashing his prefered rom ;)

What is V4A ?
It's an app based on the DSP Manager but tweaked in order to render the best of your music.
For this you can modify a ton of Settings ! (think to use the expert mode : Menu > UI Setting Expert)
Here you will found all the settings explained.

Download :
V4A flashable zip
Features :
- Flashable zip
- SuperQuality driver
- Audio config with V4a support
- 24 bit 192Khz support (lg g2 files)

AROMA - V4A Installer
Features :
- Aroma
- Choose the driver you want
- Audio config v4a support
- Works on any phone.

Original Thread :
Dont forget to hit thanks button to @zhuhang's post
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2191223

Last edited:

FlyinGrub

Nov 17, 2012
Oh sorry, but for those who don't read the entire thread, it's good to see it here :)
I followed instruction of v4a website for my .ZIP ...

Reactions: danarama

danarama

Aug 22, 2010
Oxenhope, West Yorkshire, UK
Oh sorry, but for those who don't read the entire thread, it's good to see it here :)
I followed instruction of v4a website for my .ZIP ...

Yep...its good ;)

The problem with the other thread is that it started out as a question and organically grew into what it is now. Really, we new to get the OP of that thread updated but the member who created it no longer has a nexus 5

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

FlyinGrub

Nov 17, 2012
Yep...its good ;)

The problem with the other thread is that it started out as a question and organically grew into what it is now. Really, we new to get the OP of that thread updated but the member who created it no longer has a nexus 5

You could use this one now ?
i will try to keep the first post up-to-date ;)

FlyinGrub

Nov 17, 2012

vin4yak

Mar 10, 2013
Mumbai
vinu.info
Thanks. We already have a thread for this.

Fyi, v4a works better in priv-app.

Could you please elaborate?? :)

I've been using v4a as a normal apk file from the start and it's been working perfectly... Any specific reasons as to why priv-app folder is preferred?? Thanks!!

-Flowed from an IceCold Hammerhead!

danarama

Aug 22, 2010
You'r zip don't work here :
-V4a ask me to install the driver
- the lib added are the same as in SlimKat...

It is not my zip
Edit > the libs are not the same as in slimkat.

---------- Post added at 12:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:37 PM ----------

Could you please elaborate?? :)

I've been using v4a as a normal apk file from the start and it's been working perfectly... Any specific reasons as to why priv-app folder is preferred?? Thanks!!

-Flowed from an IceCold Hammerhead!

Its all covered in the other thread.

Last edited:

danarama

Aug 22, 2010
OK lets not try to make this into a "Which zip is best" contest.

Both have their pros and cons:

Your Zip: Can't choose which driver you install (Super / Hi / Battery) but does remove steps for Installing.
Other Zip: Installs more libs but extra steps needed for drivers

What I don't care about:

Who makes the zips

What I do care about:

There is only 1 ViPER4Android thread.

The few of us decided a while ago that we would use the discussion thread for all Viper related stuff. We locked all the existing threads and kept 1 because it had lots of valuable discussion in it.

The problem with the thread is that the OP is not up to date or helpful. The solution to this is that someone takes ownership of that OP and maintains it.

I don't think having this as the main thread is a good idea as all that information is gone. Multiple threads just gets too confusing.

Here is what I think we should do....

Why don't you collaborate with the existing zip makers to make an ultimate zip? Perhaps an Aroma installer zip would be best where you can choose which driver is pre-installed? Or just 3 separate zips, one with each driver?

Then whoever owns the OP of the original thread can post it. Remember XDA is about sharing, not about "thanks" so I don't see any reason not to collaborate with them.

Last edited:

marcomarinho

Inactive Recognized Developer
Aug 24, 2012
Porto

Your Zip: Can't choose which driver you install (Super / Hi / Battery) but does remove steps for Installing.

What I don't care about:

Who makes the zips

What I do care about:

The few of us decided a while ago that we would use the discussion thread for all Viper related stuff. We locked all the existing threads and kept 1 because it had lots of valuable discussion in it.

The problem with the thread is that the OP is not up to date or helpful. The solution to this is that someone takes ownership of that OP and maintains it.

I don't think having this as the main thread is a good idea as all that information is gone. Multiple threads just gets too confusing.

Why don't you collaborate with the existing zip makers to make an ultimate zip? Perhaps an Aroma installer zip would be best where you can choose which driver is pre-installed? Or just 3 separate zips, one with each driver?

Then whoever owns the OP of the original thread can post it. Remember XDA is about sharing, not about "thanks" so I don't see any reason not to collaborate with them.

I don't know if this matter, but I can do an universal AROMA script, you only need to give me that three zips for each driver and I will do it. I can use the GitHub so will be more easy to update :good:

Best Regards,
Marco Marinho

danarama

Aug 22, 2010
I don't know if this matter, but I can do an universal AROMA script, you only need to give me that three zips for each driver and I will do it. I can use the GitHub so will be more easy to update :good:

Best Regards,
Marco Marinho

Thanks. That's good to know. I don't even know what changes when the driver is installed via the app at this time

AndrasLOHF

Jan 7, 2013
Thanks. That's good to know. I don't even know what changes when the driver is installed via the app at this time

The drivers as far as I've seen only changes the sampling rates. Which can basically be thought of as like a megapixel on a camera. The higher the sampling rate, the more detailing nuances and frequencies can be brought out. Of course that really only applies if the sound source is at a higher rate as well.

marcomarinho

Inactive Recognized Developer
Aug 24, 2012
Porto

No problem, use github would be really great :)
I will send you the three driver and could contribuate to the aroma

The drivers as far as I've seen only changes the sampling rates. Which can basically be thought of as like a megapixel on a camera. The higher the sampling rate, the more detailing nuances and frequencies can be brought out. Of course that really only applies if the sound source is at a higher rate as well.

I will add you to github project, and so all can contribute for that :D Please send me the zips :p

Best Regards,
Marco Marinho

danarama

Aug 22, 2010
No problem, use github would be really great :)
I will send you the three driver and could contribuate to the aroma

What would also be good is if it could read a .conf file stored on /sdcard (like elementalx aroma) so there can be an express zip that reads .conf and flashes "favourite" driver

Although that might be more complicated.

---------- Post added at 02:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:35 PM ----------

So now the question is, what are we going to do with these threads?

Reactions: hooliganx

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    V4A Recovery Flashable .zip​

Hi,
    I made a flashable .zip wich install V4A and the driver for our nexus.
    Very usefull with the flashafterupdate folder for those who use Omni or those who want to install this great app directly after flashing his prefered rom ;)

What is V4A ?
    It's an app based on the DSP Manager but tweaked in order to render the best of your music.
    For this you can modify a ton of Settings ! (think to use the expert mode : Menu > UI Setting Expert)
    Here you will found all the settings explained.

Download :
    V4A flashable zip
    Features :
    - Flashable zip
    - SuperQuality driver
    - Audio config with V4a support
    - 24 bit 192Khz support (lg g2 files)

AROMA - V4A Installer
    Features :
    - Aroma
    - Choose the driver you want
    - Audio config v4a support
    - Works on any phone.

Original Thread :
    Dont forget to hit thanks button to @zhuhang's post
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2191223
    I updated the zip with :
    - Superquality libs
    - Better audio config
    - Some file from lg g2 to support 24bit at 192khz

What I don't care about:

Who makes the zips

What I do care about:

What I don't care about:

Who makes the zips

What I do care about:

Best Regards,
    Marco Marinho
    Thanks. We already have a thread for this.

Fyi, v4a works better in priv-app. Also your zip is missing audio_effects.conf and audio_policy.conf aswell about 9 other libs.

Have a look at our existing thread.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2543796