ProCase SlimSnug Case

Search This thread

aznmode

Jun 23, 2007
Ok Thanks for the quick reply. I'm debating if I should order this case as well as the controller or order the official cover

I think the advantage of the official cover is that it doesn't add much bulk and weight and it's a lot easier to remove if you want to hold just the tablet by itself. But at the same time it doesn't protect as well as the Pro case and cost 3x as much.

As far as controller goes, I like the official as its just connect and play. I had the ds3 and I didn't like that I had to map some games and it just doesn't work with some games like trine. Also the shield can tell how much battery the controller has left.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: Jaybenosa

Jaybenosa

Apr 11, 2011
I think the advantage of the official cover is that it doesn't add much bulk and weight and it's a lot easier to remove if you want to hold just the tablet by itself. But at the same time it doesn't protect as well as the Pro case and cost 3x as much.

As far as controller goes, I like the official as its just connect and play. I had the ds3 and I didn't like that I had to map some games and it just doesn't work with some games like trine. Also the shield can tell how much battery the controller has left.

Yeah, I was using a wired Xbox controller using an otg cable. It works but it drains the tablet fast as its powering the controller. I just ordered the shield controller with the red case and a mini HDMI adapter

menendez1293

Sep 5, 2014
Yeah, I was using a wired Xbox controller using an otg cable. It works but it drains the tablet fast as its powering the controller. I just ordered the shield controller with the red case and a mini HDMI adapter

Very nice, So far I am loving my shield. I have the red case and it's been great. I can't complain at all for the price.

Sent from my SHIELD Tablet using Tapatalk

menendez1293

Sep 5, 2014
Can you post a pic of the red case? It looks a little pinkish on the website

Here you go, took the pictures quickly with my M8 but it's not pinkish, it's red in my opinion.

uploadfromtaptalk1410490169486.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1410490169486.jpg

Sent from my HTC One_M8

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1410490182750.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1410490182750.jpg
    126.8 KB · Views: 283

jimmyhauser

May 28, 2006
I have the Fintie case that is just like this. Something I noticed, is that when I close the cover over the screen, very often, the cover will actually result in a touch somewhere on the screen, opening an app if it happened to touch an icon. Has anyone with the case in this post notice that? I wonder why the Fintie case is actually interacting with the screen, or if my particular shield just has an overly sensitive digitizer.

asmodyus

May 21, 2010
I noticed in the picture the in the inside of the case on the edge there looks like to be the magnetic metal or something as anybody notice any scratching on the glass? I notice the Fintie does not have the exposed metal strip.

jaredmorgs

Apr 12, 2012
Brisbane
I noticed in the picture the in the inside of the case on the edge there looks like to be the magnetic metal or something as anybody notice any scratching on the glass? I notice the Fintie does not have the exposed metal strip.
No scratching whatsoever on my tablet. The way the case is made means the metal part of the clasp sits elevated about 1mm from the screen by the hard case body.

fffc7c91b12ed1b4278a13a5d60c8c35.jpg

I see zero risk of scratching if you close the case by flipping the cover to the magnetic area on the case body. I've even slid the cover over the screen lightly with no adverse affects.

aznmode

Jun 23, 2007
Tip for making the case more stable when it's on your chest while laying in bed. Great for when watching videos. Doing it the normal way, it always falls backwards.

Fold the flap forward instead of the normal backwards. So leather outside, felt inside. Magnet will still allow it to stay in place.

rehu7anu.jpg

e6aha4yg.jpg

Reactions: jaredmorgs

linuxct

Social Contributor
Aug 10, 2012
Now I also have this AMAZING cover, it's much better than the original one.. And cheaper!
However, for those who have it, don't you think that when you close it, the magnets are very strong?? I mean, I am used to close this kind of covers with some force, from a 180º angle, and it looks like i'm giving a blow to the screen and I'm not sure if I can damage it. Have you noticed this?, or even didy ou noticed any damage in the screen? Thanks (and sorry for my bad english)

Jexx11

Sep 19, 2013

I'm also paranoid about this exposed metal, I'm afraid it would rub or scratch the screen while carrying the tablet in a backpack

Sent from my XT1060 using XDA Free mobile app

Ultamaynard

Oct 28, 2014
Holding it upright with the cover wrapped around

Hey guys,

I've got the Finite case that's similar to this one and am actually sending it back due to the cover overlapping the device. When I wrap the cover around the back, in order to hold it vertically with one hand, I have to re-position the cover to either side to grip it with either hand. If I want to hold it with both hands, then I have to do some sort of fenangling (sic?) to either fold the cover up in some way that it doesn't get in the way of my hands or skew it so both hands can grip. It doesn't magnetize to the back of the case and slides around in my hands. It's very uncomfortable to hold vertically, or really any way with the cover flipped to the back.

How does the ProCase work in this regard?

Since I'm brand new, it won't let me post links. Here's the imgur album.

imgur(dot)com/a/REGBv

Thanks for any and all help!

gleung

Jun 19, 2012
Hey guys,

I've got the Finite case that's similar to this one and am actually sending it back due to the cover overlapping the device. When I wrap the cover around the back, in order to hold it vertically with one hand, I have to re-position the cover to either side to grip it with either hand. If I want to hold it with both hands, then I have to do some sort of fenangling (sic?) to either fold the cover up in some way that it doesn't get in the way of my hands or skew it so both hands can grip. It doesn't magnetize to the back of the case and slides around in my hands. It's very uncomfortable to hold vertically, or really any way with the cover flipped to the back.

How does the ProCase work in this regard?

Since I'm brand new, it won't let me post links. Here's the imgur album.

imgur(dot)com/a/REGBv

Thanks for any and all help!

hello! i think thats normal? mine does that too but i'm able to adjust it so i can hold it comfortably. i would think the other brands would be the same, since they are all similar. might want to give the official cover a try then.

Reactions: Ultamaynard

jaredmorgs

Apr 12, 2012
Brisbane
Would it be room for a QI wireless charger reciever between case and unit? Link: http://www.amazon.com/Universal-Wir...Wireless+Charging+Receiver+film+for+micro-USB
Yes, there is.

Although I've tried this and I would save your money. It sounds like a good idea in theory, but the inductive charging coil makes recharging take twice as long. It really isn't practical, as I found out.

Maybe if you are using your tablet in such a way that you charge it overnight only, it might be OK. But if you are a heavy user, you'll only get frustrated by the charge wait time.

jaredmorgs

Apr 12, 2012
Brisbane
So I've tried three cases now:

ProCase

Poetic Revolution
Poetic Turtle Skin

I stopped using the ProCase because I think it put a scratch on the screen.

I had two Poetic Revolution cases fail on me (the kickstand lugs are flimsy and break).

I got a Poetic Turtle Skin as a replacement after the second Revolution, and it is the best of the bunch.

Yep, it's true it doesn't have a stand built in (unless you want to sacrifice your stylus as a kickstand, which I don't want to risk). But the bumper case uses the same rubberized material as the old Poetic Commuter cases did. That means it's extra grippy, which means you can rest it on a pillow on your lap, and it doesn't slide off.

If you also have a hardware keyboard with a stand (like the Logitech Tablet Keyboard), you really don't need the built-in stand.

I would only recommend the ProCase if you really have your heart set on the magnetic screen close feature. The folio cover is not rigid enough to allow the tablet to stand on an unstable surface in landscape.

jasonpctech

Feb 11, 2015
On my second poetic Revolution case they sent me a replacement after I send a photo and address. The issue was the kickstand lugs. However kickstand or not the case itself is doing a fine job after 3 drops my NVST is still minty new. My opinion is get a separate stand pocket sized and this case is a winner. The turtle seems decent too. I have considered modifying the kickstand with a ribbon to keep it from over extending. Dremel two slots and a bit of Velcro for adjustability. If I follow through there will be pictures and the concept will be simple and non obtrusive.

jaredmorgs

Apr 12, 2012
Brisbane
On my second poetic Revolution case they sent me a replacement after I send a photo and address. The issue was the kickstand lugs. However kickstand or not the case itself is doing a fine job after 3 drops my NVST is still minty new. My opinion is get a separate stand pocket sized and this case is a winner. The turtle seems decent too. I have considered modifying the kickstand with a ribbon to keep it from over extending. Dremel two slots and a bit of Velcro for adjustability. If I follow through there will be pictures and the concept will be simple and non obtrusive.
I was considering just bending a coat hanger to the same shape of the plastic stand. It would offer a stronger alternative to the plastic stand for those who don't want to organize a return particularly if they are not stateside.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Just got mine. Nice case.
    ypatuzeq.jpg

py7a2ana.jpg

ete2y9yv.jpg

pa8ume3a.jpg

a5urutyr.jpg

sesududa.jpg

9amyva6e.jpg

How is it when you have the covert folded back but flat against the back of the shield? does it lay completely flat? Can someone post a picture if they have it please.
    140b55672bb4f2983a92e39ebb618fcb.jpg

f9590ec4177c808b05b4e1cbf19ab9cb.jpg

3f3a2eb12963ad16f0573f4e7d3f4d0d.jpg

It lays practically flat, with just the smallest amount of rake down from the cover fabric hinge to the metal clasp.

Hope it helps.
    I retract my previous statement regarding the cover not magnetically latching to itself in the "movie" stand mode. There is a magnetic clasp there but you have to fold the cover into the proper geometrical arrangement which I clearly had not been doing. When done properly, the cover does indeed snap to itself quite nicely and the tablet stands up properly for viewing a movie.

This is an excellent case and priced, in my opinion, lower than it is worth. :good:
    Thanks @jaredmorgs!!! I was waiting for someone to show a pic before I order it.
    Ok Thanks for the quick reply. I'm debating if I should order this case as well as the controller or order the official cover