generic 4000mAh batteries?

Search This thread

voxigenboy

Jul 2, 2010
San Diego
Has anyone tried out any of those generic 4000mAh batteries for the Bionic? I realize it's not going to be the same quality as an 'official' battery(or the Mugen one for that matter), but considering how inexpensive they are I am wondering if it's at least worth trying.

Trexcell 4000mAh Battery ($18.99):
http://www.amazon.com/Trexcell-Motorola-4000mah-Extended-Battery/dp/B0064AOE84

Hyperion 4000mAh Battery ($14.99):
http://www.amazon.com/Hyperion-Motorola-4000mAh-Extended-Battery/dp/B005Z34QA2

Generic 4000mAh Battery $9.99):
http://www.meritline.com/replacemen...ionic-xt875-hw4x---p-76497.aspx?source=fghdac

Bfitz26

Jun 3, 2011
layton
Had the Hyperion one died in like 5 hours stay away don't know about the others

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using XDA App

voxigenboy

Jul 2, 2010
San Diego
i figure since all 3 are cheap crap i may as well try out the cheapest one as it's $9.99 + free shipping. just that it's coming from china so it'll be here in a few months ;)

regardless, at that price if it does crap out then it's only $9.99 that was lost.

ROB281

Apr 8, 2010
Houston
The extended battery from Motorola can be had for half off right now

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using xda premium

bhp117

Oct 22, 2011
los angeles
I bought moto extended battery 2wks ago at a verizon stote for $24.99+ tax so I actually paid around $27

So I just keep my stock charged and use as backup

1750+2750= 4500 for $27

More reliable than most generic junk and much cheaper than mugen 4000 $80+

Highly recommend moto extended battery I can last the whole day and still have 25%+ left before I need charge

Unplug @ 6am plug in @ 12 am

Heavy usage
2hrs + talk time
3hrs + navi
30 min - 2hrs gaming
2-6 hrs web on 4g

Reactions: Laura Dunn

voxigenboy

Jul 2, 2010
San Diego
i guess if i want to watch 2 - 3 movies or a season of tv shows i'm better off with the 4000.

for me it's about 'how long will it last during usage?'

ROB281

Apr 8, 2010
Houston
I haven't run the moto extended dead yet, and I've used the hell out of it

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using xda premium

voxigenboy

Jul 2, 2010
San Diego
im on the go alot so a wall jack isnt always available. on my ipod touch i can watch 4 movies before it dies. if i can get something like that out of this i'd be happy.

Laura Dunn

Nov 21, 2011
I bought moto extended battery 2wks ago at a verizon stote for $24.99+ tax so I actually paid around $27

1750+2750= 4500 for $27

Highly recommend moto extended battery I can last the whole day and still have 25%+ left before I need charge

Heavy usage
2hrs + talk time
3hrs + navi
30 min - 2hrs gaming
2-6 hrs web on 4g

Thanks for this breakdown with what you use. I am like you where I use my bionic for everything. I've been debating buying an extended battery because I doubt that it will be able to handle my heavy use. This is exactly the info I was looking for, thanks!

Laura Dunn | TapIt!™ Mobile Advertising

- Brand Performance
- Rich Media
- Local Ads
- Video
- RTB
- App Installs
- Interstitials
- 24/7 Support
- Weekly Payments For Top Partners!

LucasMN

Mar 5, 2011
Mugen has the best battery out for the bIoNiC. $88.00 is not bad at all(i know it seems a little high) But you DEFINITELY GET YOUR MONEYS WORTH

Mugen Battery for dRoId bIoNiC

I went 3 days and 9 hours on a $10 generic ebay battery with normal use. How does that compare to the "best battery out for the bIoNiC?"

I'm not worried about the lifespan of the battery itself. $10 vs $88 is a huge difference. Even if I have to buy 5 throughout the 2 years I own this phone, I'm still less money into it than just 1 of your mugen batteries.

I know personally, I would never have to go 3 days without access to some sort of charger. Basically I only wanted to test and see how long it would last without charging.

iNsAnEmOd

Jan 12, 2012
Lansing,MI
I went 3 days and 9 hours on a $10 generic ebay battery with normal use. How does that compare to the "best battery out for the bIoNiC?"

I'm not worried about the lifespan of the battery itself. $10 vs $88 is a huge difference. Even if I have to buy 5 throughout the 2 years I own this phone, I'm still less money into it than just 1 of your mugen batteries.

I know personally, I would never have to go 3 days without access to some sort of charger. Basically I only wanted to test and see how long it would last without charging.

hahaha I'm tryin to tell you something and you can't hear me lmao

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Laura Dunn | TapIt!™ Mobile Advertising

- Brand Performance
    - Rich Media
    - Local Ads
    - Video
    - RTB
    - App Installs
    - Interstitials
    - 24/7 Support
    - Weekly Payments For Top Partners!

That signature is obnoxious. Can't you compress it into fewer lines?
    So if it safe to say that the Mugen batteries are good quality??

both Mugen and Seidio batteries are exceptional. you cant go wrong with either. its just they cost more(but you get what you pay for).

1750+2750= 4500 for $27

Heavy usage
    2hrs + talk time
    3hrs + navi
    30 min - 2hrs gaming
    2-6 hrs web on 4g
    to close, I must say that I am very happy with my purchase. Only issue is the phone showing 1% for hours before finally dying (at least for now anyway)

Highly recommend using Mugen Power app for ALL extended batteries. Only because the 2nd extended battery acts like its already been broken in since calibrating it with this app
    Yes. Nowadays im only using the hyperions on my phone. I can use it for a while before the battery meter even moves a little. I can go all day. Easy. On one charge. It makes the phone huge in comparision to the stock battery.

At the price and excellent customer service you cant go wrong. Unless you buy a smaller OEM extended battery for 2x the price of this one :D