android.championswimmer.tk
Man u missed out on some really cool ui
1.6 was stylish
& when I saw you're working on mediascape I was glad to see that
Counting on you champ
Make it happen :)

Sent from my Xperia X10 using xda premium

there are major code changes in android source from 1.6 to 2.3

how functions are called, classes are handled, libs are invoked.... everything has gone topsy turvy.....

its really looking grim, (the prospects of getting anything from 1.6 to work on 2.3)

Sent from my X10S using xda premium

kirti_grewal

Sep 12, 2011
Calcutta
there are major code changes in android source from 1.6 to 2.3

how functions are called, classes are handled, libs are invoked.... everything has gone topsy turvy.....

its really looking grim, (the prospects of getting anything from 1.6 to work on 2.3)

Hmm well all I can do is hope that u succeed
I thought you were trying to port it from 2.1 right??

kirti_grewal

Sep 12, 2011
Calcutta
Timescape as home =)

Look on youtube, it's really cool, I would have sat on the 1.6, but now I can not go on it, or type on youtube My World Sony Ericsson Xperia X10

Oh yes now I remember & understand what you're trying to say
Pal I think that is simply impossible
It just can't happen
We're talking about bringing the Rachel ui on gingerbread
Which even Sony couldn't do with so much resources
If u want to experience it look for a 1.6 rom & enjoy it

Galcactus

Dec 19, 2010
Colchester
As a precursor I would like to say I have very limited dev knowledge (a little vb6) so this may just be wishful thinking!

Could you not use the 2.3 music player as a base and almost map what codes for what. Then isolate the layout/framework/interface and almost literally copy the appropriate code from the mediascape apk? Of course you would need to adjust other things accordingly but just have the basic functions from the 2.3 app and the menu and ui from 1.6

All I would really like in essence is the original main menu, with music, photos and videos near each other with perhaps the new colours from 2.3 and the animations. Also I would like the drag finger on album cover to fast forward etc. As for the photo and video, just double tap to zoom perhaps. And whilst I'm prattling on, perhaps a new widget too?

I'd suggest getting in touch with the dev team behind a popular music app (not going to name app to avoid appearing favouritist or like I'm endorsing them :p) and either asking them to take a look at creating a universally compatible mediascape, or just giving you guys a hand. They might even like the project so much that they decide to finish it off themselves!

Post your thoughts and advice please :)

Thanks!

Galcactus out

Sent from my X10i using XDA

championswimmer

Inactive Recognized Developer
Oct 22, 2011
New Delhi
As a precursor I would like to say I have very limited dev knowledge (a little vb6) so this may just be wishful thinking!

Could you not use the 2.3 music player as a base and almost map what codes for what. Then isolate the layout/framework/interface and almost literally copy the appropriate code from the mediascape apk? Of course you would need to adjust other things accordingly but just have the basic functions from the 2.3 app and the menu and ui from 1.6

All I would really like in essence is the original main menu, with music, photos and videos near each other with perhaps the new colours from 2.3 and the animations. Also I would like the drag finger on album cover to fast forward etc. As for the photo and video, just double tap to zoom perhaps. And whilst I'm prattling on, perhaps a new widget too?

I'd suggest getting in touch with the dev team behind a popular music app (not going to name app to avoid appearing favouritist or like I'm endorsing them :p) and either asking them to take a look at creating a universally compatible mediascape, or just giving you guys a hand. They might even like the project so much that they decide to finish it off themselves!

Post your thoughts and advice please :)

Thanks!

Galcactus out

ha ha...nice ideas...but not feasible..if things were that easy...then we would have got.hybrid apps all over the place...

and btw, i have NO programming idea (officially), ofcourse i can do some c++ and java, but I've learnt that in spare time... I studied biology for last two years :p

tryantar

Jan 1, 2011
Oh yes now I remember & understand what you're trying to say
Pal I think that is simply impossible
It just can't happen
We're talking about bringing the Rachel ui on gingerbread
Which even Sony couldn't do with so much resources
If u want to experience it look for a 1.6 rom & enjoy it

WELL problem is NOT that SONY CANT do it, its more of they think its not economical. to them when people are pushing for them to roll out new updates to get on the latest band wagon of Android 2.1 or 2.3 or whatever... the best choice is to abandon the one with the most work -- Mediascape.
If they continue working on it and delay the roll out, Customers ***** about it, and they are back by at least 5 months.
so if you compared people who wants a new update and people who wants mediascape, you'd see people want newer and better updates (sadly its human nature, greed fyi)
SO OUT THE WINDOW GOES MEDIASCAPE, BUT WE DO NOT LOOSE HOPE, SO DONT YOU DARE TELL US ITS NOT POSSIBLE.

THUS i repeat my statement, its not that it is not possible, it is just not economical.

kirti_grewal

Sep 12, 2011
Calcutta
WELL problem is NOT that SONY CANT do it, its more of they think its not economical. to them when people are pushing for them to roll out new updates to get on the latest band wagon of Android 2.1 or 2.3 or whatever... the best choice is to abandon the one with the most work -- Mediascape.
If they continue working on it and delay the roll out, Customers ***** about it, and they are back by at least 5 months.
so if you compared people who wants a new update and people who wants mediascape, you'd see people want newer and better updates (sadly its human nature, greed fyi)
SO OUT THE WINDOW GOES MEDIASCAPE, BUT WE DO NOT LOOSE HOPE, SO DONT YOU DARE TELL US ITS NOT POSSIBLE.

THUS i repeat my statement, its not that it is not possible, it is just not economical.

Yup you're right
BTW pal I was referring to the timescape home NOT mediascape
Even I want it
Read carefully before quoting

Galcactus

Dec 19, 2010
Colchester
Okay I've been in touch with a few developers of music apps and they've all said no, some for lack of time and others for lack of resources. Suggestions on what to do next? I refuse to let this project die!

kirti_grewal

Sep 12, 2011
Calcutta
Okay I've been in touch with a few developers of music apps and they've all said no, some for lack of time and others for lack of resources. Suggestions on what to do next? I refuse to let this project die!

Hmm well if the devs won't do it, who will :confused:
This project has ended pal,let's face it, no dev is interested & the non devs, well they can't do anything either :p
Sorry :(

Sent from my X10 using xda premium

Galcactus

Dec 19, 2010
Colchester
Well, okay we've hit a dead end. BUT. Good news. The Sony Walkman Z has a media player interface with a functionality that is very similar to mediascape and it has almost completely been ported to the x10!! Just a few bugs left. I urge all the devs who kindly helped with this project to combine their efforts and perfect the Walkman port. It's from a gingerbread ROM, so it can't be harder than this was.

Also, once an xperia gx system dump is available we should be able to grab the new media apps and see how those are :)

So yeah, this is me saying thanks to everyone who tried. I'll try to keep this thread alive as almost a news update on the progress of the port.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1671574

Galcactus out!

Sent from my Xperia X10 using XDA

Last edited:

championswimmer

Inactive Recognized Developer
Oct 22, 2011
New Delhi
Well, okay we've hit a dead end. BUT. Good news. The Sony Walkman Z has a media player interface with a functionality that is very similar to mediascape and it has almost completely been ported to the x10!! Just a few bugs left. I urge all the devs who kindly helped with this project to combine their efforts and perfect the Walkman port. It's from a gingerbread ROM, so it can't be harder than this was.

Also, once an xperia gx system dump is available we should be able to grab the new media apps and see how those are :)

So yeah, this is me saying thanks to everyone who tried. I'll try to keep this thread alive as almost a news update on the progress of the port.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1671574

Galcactus out!

Sent from my Xperia X10 using XDA

gud news buddy

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    if some one uploads the 1.6 framework (entire framework folder) and mediascape app in a zip. or point me to a 1.6 ftf or something i will have a go.

Pvy.
    For those who does not like the mediascape please don't pour cold water on our hopes. It was among the reasons why we bought the original x10 in the first place.
    Remember the countless times their adverts have timescape and mediascape? so hush please and let us wait for the news from pvyparts.
    Pvy, anything worthwhile to report?

Sent from my X10i using XDA App

Just working on fixing a few framework differences. Then I'll be able to work out what libs ect it needs. If any. :)

Sent from my TEAM Powered Arc S
    would you mirror that file?

no problem..:)

---------- Post added at 09:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:47 AM ----------

http://www.mediafire.com/?732za8nwaa0t7ch
    hit thanks button if you find this help ! thanks to champs !
    uploadfromtaptalk1331218798755.jpg