[ROM][JB] Team EOS 3 (Stable release)

Search This thread

teameos

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 19, 2011
GT1a9.png

Asus Nexus 7

Eos is an android custom rom for a wide range of devices. We support phones and tablets alike. From the Motorola Xoom, to the Samsung Galaxy Nexus, to the Asus Nexus 7.

We proudly base all of our modifications off of the Android open source project, and try to (whenever feasible) develop all of our modifications without basing them off of others work (kanging).

Even though we try our hardest to ensure that every single build is as stable as possible, we can't guarantee that every build will be stable. However, most of our users agree that our nightly roms are very much stable and are considered "daily drivers".

5Hrhk.png

• Android 4.1.1 AOSP based.
  • Theme Chooser
  • Full tablet system bar (toggleable)
  • Battery Indicator Mods
  • Clock Mods
  • Status Bar Color
  • Navigation Bar Color
  • Softkeys Long-Press Actions
  • Navigation Bar Ring Quick Launch Targets
  • Android Rotation Lock
  • EOS Toggles
  • Hide System Bars
  • Performance Settings
  • Volume keys switch depending on rotation. So the volume up key is always either on the top or to the right of volume down. (Toggle-able)
  • Default Volume Control Stream
  • Advanced power menu with reboot options.
  • Hiding the status bars via the power menu

NJp2X.png

1. Download the eos rom zip for your device
  2. Download the eos google applications zip file
  3. Reboot into recovery (TWRP is reccomended)
  4. Perform a factory reset if you're not using an EOS rom.
  5. Install the eos rom zip
  6. Install the eos google applications file.
  7. Welcome to eos!

KYc0l.png

Nexus 7
Goo.im (US)
mirror1.teameos.org (EU)
Torrent

Google applications
Goo.im (US)
mirror1.teameos.org (EU)
Torrent

Imgur album

Sources
All of our source code is available at http://git.teameos.org

Bugs
Please report bugs at http://bugs.teameos.org

solarnz

Retired Recognized Developer
May 23, 2010
Sydney
I noticed that you have removed your OC Kernel and brought the stock back... :thumbdown:

Sent from Chanook 300 using Tapatalk 2

The kernel is the same as that in the nightly releases.

Overclockable to 1.5Ghz
BFQv4 IO scheduler
Various cflag optimisations
Lowered minimum brightness.

solarnz

Retired Recognized Developer
May 23, 2010
Sydney
Is the update mandatory if I'm on build #31? Is there significant changes? :)

Nope, you're more than welcome to stay on the nightly releases. The only difference between nightly #31 and stable 3.0 is that a few headers in the Settings application have been changed. This fix will also be included in the next nightly :)

Reactions: mach0boi

irishrally

Jun 13, 2009
California
Hey thanks for the solid ROM. If you are taking feature requests, I find the option to turn off the need to click "OK" after entering the pin on the lock screen quite convenient.

Rafase282

Oct 25, 2006
Bronx
Anyone using this rom getting a bunch of apps saying that they are not supported even google play music?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    GT1a9.png

Asus Nexus 7

Eos is an android custom rom for a wide range of devices. We support phones and tablets alike. From the Motorola Xoom, to the Samsung Galaxy Nexus, to the Asus Nexus 7.

We proudly base all of our modifications off of the Android open source project, and try to (whenever feasible) develop all of our modifications without basing them off of others work (kanging).

Even though we try our hardest to ensure that every single build is as stable as possible, we can't guarantee that every build will be stable. However, most of our users agree that our nightly roms are very much stable and are considered "daily drivers".

5Hrhk.png

• Android 4.1.1 AOSP based.
    • Theme Chooser
    • Full tablet system bar (toggleable)
    • Battery Indicator Mods
    • Clock Mods
    • Status Bar Color
    • Navigation Bar Color
    • Softkeys Long-Press Actions
    • Navigation Bar Ring Quick Launch Targets
    • Android Rotation Lock
    • EOS Toggles
    • Hide System Bars
    • Performance Settings
    • Volume keys switch depending on rotation. So the volume up key is always either on the top or to the right of volume down. (Toggle-able)
    • Default Volume Control Stream
    • Advanced power menu with reboot options.
    • Hiding the status bars via the power menu

NJp2X.png

1. Download the eos rom zip for your device
    2. Download the eos google applications zip file
    3. Reboot into recovery (TWRP is reccomended)
    4. Perform a factory reset if you're not using an EOS rom.
    5. Install the eos rom zip
    6. Install the eos google applications file.
    7. Welcome to eos!

KYc0l.png

Nexus 7
    Goo.im (US)
    mirror1.teameos.org (EU)
    Torrent

Google applications
    Goo.im (US)
    mirror1.teameos.org (EU)
    Torrent

Imgur album

Sources
    All of our source code is available at http://git.teameos.org

Bugs
    Please report bugs at http://bugs.teameos.org
    Is the update mandatory if I'm on build #31? Is there significant changes? :)

Nope, you're more than welcome to stay on the nightly releases. The only difference between nightly #31 and stable 3.0 is that a few headers in the Settings application have been changed. This fix will also be included in the next nightly :)
    Does the latest stable release really not have the latest JRO03R binaries? (not meaning that in a disrespectful tone). I heard someone say that it didn't, but I was comparing a few files with the files from http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1905961 and they matched in filesizes.

If the latest stable doesn't contain those binaries from JRO03R though, would flashing that package be advisable?

Why not? Flash away!
    Does the latest stable release really not have the latest JRO03R binaries? (not meaning that in a disrespectful tone). I heard someone say that it didn't, but I was comparing a few files with the files from http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1905961 and they matched in filesizes.

If the latest stable doesn't contain those binaries from JRO03R though, would flashing that package be advisable?

It's entirely possible that the updated binaries haven't actually been changed, but JBQ has re-released them for completeness.

JBQ released the proprietary binaries the day after this was released, and we can't travel in time :)
    Thanks for this awesome ROM.

I have a small problem though. How can I get the softkeys to disappear when using MX player in full screen mode? They disappeared automatically when I was on PA ROM. Any ideas?

Skickat från min Nexus 7 via Tapatalk 2

Hold power button. There's an option there. That's the only way you can toggle that on/off :)

---------- Post added at 06:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:09 PM ----------

can you post some screens? I know it's based on aosp but I enjoy seeing screens of some of the unique features

Just flash it. You won't be disappointed :)

There's not much features that you can see even if they post screenshots of the ROM. The ROM is just fast, fluid, bug-free and not bloated with tons of features that I don't use. A simple and clean AOSP ROM with tablet UI support :)