[Q] soft bricked my HTC one mini, need help please

Search This thread

STEAKTASTIC

Dec 27, 2013
OK so I've been researching for days how to unlock boot loader, root and s-off my HTC one mini. I bought the phone in november so im assuming that i updated to 4.3 or it was already installed (relevant later). I htcdev unlocked my boot loader, installed twrp and made a backup, installed superuser and rooted my phone. Then I installed titanium backup pro, made a backup and uninstalled all the system apps/bloatware I didn't need. All was peachy but the apps kept reappearing which I found was down to s-on (despite what I read about htcdev unlock boot loader method making my phone s-off) . So I tried the revone method and got error 1 which apparently is down to having android 4.3 so I looked for an earlier ROM and flashed Magio r1 which worked fine but couldn't find the data/local/temp folder to install revone into. Probably could of put it somewhere else but I wasn't that confident with the s-off process. So I finally found Jmz m4 stock ROM so there was light at end of tunnel. So I read up on twrp factory reset/format data functions and saw people were using both methods. I went with the full format and factory reset afterwards. Looking back now that was pretty stupid as I have no ROM and no backups to restore to. I did manage to chmod 777 the permissions on my twrp backups and copy the to dropbox (after endless scouring of forums). I also know how to flash boot images and use the adb side load functions. So that's my story.

Problem is I can't adb push the file as it returns with error closed, I've tried the following commands:

adb device - my device is attached and side loading.
adb usb - returns error closed

adb kill-server
adb start server - server starts successfully then returns error closed.

adp push rom.zip /data/media/0 - returns error closed

And just to be sure I tried with /data/media/, same error

I've fastboot flashed the jmzM4 ROM image and kernel but no joy as I'm guessing the boot image isn't enough and you need the zip.

If anyone can help out that would be greatly appreciated.

Currently I can load into boot loader and recovery no problem, just freezes on HTC load screen in normal boot up.

Last edited:

nelvinchi

Apr 3, 2011
London
Redmi K20 Pro
Xiaomi Mi 11
OK so I've been researching for days how to unlock boot loader, root and s-off my HTC one mini. I bought the phone in november so im assuming that i updated to 4.3 or it was already installed (relevant later). I htcdev unlocked my boot loader, installed twrp and made a backup, installed superuser and rooted my phone. Then I installed titanium backup pro, made a backup and uninstalled all the system apps/bloatware I didn't need. All was peachy but the apps kept reappearing which I found was down to s-on (despite what I read about htcdev unlock boot loader method making my phone s-off) . So I tried the revone method and got error 1 which apparently is down to having android 4.3 so I looked for an earlier ROM and flashed Magio r1 which worked fine but couldn't find the data/local/temp folder to install revone into. Probably could of put it somewhere else but I wasn't that confident with the s-off process. So I finally found Jmz m4 stock ROM so there was light at end of tunnel. So I read up on twrp factory reset/format data functions and saw people were using both methods. I went with the full format and factory reset afterwards. Looking back now that was pretty stupid as I have no ROM and no backups to restore to. I did manage to chmod 777 the permissions on my twrp backups and copy the to dropbox (after endless scouring of forums). I also know how to flash boot images and use the adb side load functions. So that's my story.

Problem is I can't adb push the file as it returns with error closed, I've tried the following commands:

adb kill-server

I've fastboot flashed the jmzM4 ROM image and kernel but no joy as I'm guessing the boot image isn't enough and you need the zip.

Currently I can load into boot loader and recovery no problem, just freezes on HTC load screen in normal boot up.

PM me with your gmail and we can chat on Hangouts to get you sorted - will be easier chatting real-time than posting loads of instructions etc....

:)

STEAKTASTIC

Dec 27, 2013
Well hat off to nelvinchi sorted the problem out and she's working like a bewt again :) what a genuine legend!

*removes tongue from ar-se*

AnGrY sCoTsMaN

Nov 17, 2011
Fife
Well hat off to nelvinchi sorted the problem out and she's working like a bewt again :) what a genuine legend!

*removes tongue from ar-se*

Ive kinda had the same issue after using superwipe before insalling a new rom...now my problem is that i cant ADB PUSH (error: closed)

Can i ask how you managed to sort this? I have international version, unlocked bootloader and s-off.

Thanks

STEAKTASTIC

Dec 27, 2013
Ive kinda had the same issue after using superwipe before insalling a new rom...now my problem is that i cant ADB PUSH (error: closed)

Can i ask how you managed to sort this? I have international version, unlocked bootloader and s-off.

Thanks

I could probably lead you through the same process but I'd advise asking nelvinchi for help as he will get it sorted promptly and correctly. If not pm me

nelvinchi

Apr 3, 2011
London
Redmi K20 Pro
Xiaomi Mi 11
thanks for your prompt reply. yeah i will prob PM him but im going to try a few things first.cheers

Hi!
A couple of things to help you get this sorted:
You can't ADB from HBOOT/Bootloader, if you have TWRP boot to recovery then you can adb push - I'd recommend this over trying to sideload (sideload instantly flashes the zip)
You won't be able to boot if you are UNLOCKED and have S-OFF - You can either use the terminal emulator in recovery or adb shell to use revone.
adb push your rom zip and UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.86 zip to /sdcard/ if this returns an error, push to /data/local/ (you can install zip from here in recovery)
Once done, install the rom, install supersu.

Most likely revone will be missing, so do this:
adb push revone /data/local/
adb shell
cd /data/local/
chmod 755 revone
./revone -l

Reboot to recovery and wipe cache and dalvik
Reboot
REBOOT TO BOOTLOADER
Choose FASTBOOT
fastboot flash boot boot.img (boot.img extracted from the rom zip)
Reboot to recovery
Reboot system
:D

* revone download:
download revone from http://revolutionary.io/revone
remove .bin extention

****** REMEMBER to

Last edited:
Reactions: thecos77

AnGrY sCoTsMaN

Nov 17, 2011
Fife
Thanks, i will try the instructions you've posted. i am unlocked and s-off.
Adb push worked, however Install of rom failed...as you said i will prob have to download revone and take it from there .

Last edited:

AnGrY sCoTsMaN

Nov 17, 2011
Fife
What error did you get when it failed? Which rom are you flashing?

Coming from MagioR5 to his Stock sense 4.3(deox) and used SUPERWIPE hoping for a clean install.
so pushing rom via Adb worked but failed to install the rom, said it was unable to open zip file..
I then full wiped and tried pushing the rom (and supersu update zip) via ADB to /LOCAL/DATA/.....this worked and said zip flash was successful however, couldn't find the MD5...??? (weird)
The phone has now rebooted with sense 5.5 android 4.3 and all seems ok...so far!!!
rebooted to bootloader and phone still s-off and rooted...All seems fine and in working order.

slightly concerned about the md5 as i thought this should have some implications
but so far so good.

thanks to nelvinchi for his support and magio for his custom roms....cheers guys

Reactions: nelvinchi

nelvinchi

Apr 3, 2011
London
Redmi K20 Pro
Xiaomi Mi 11
Coming from MagioR5 to his Stock sense 4.3(deox) and used SUPERWIPE hoping for a clean install.
so pushing rom via Adb worked but failed to install the rom, said it was unable to open zip file..
I then full wiped and tried pushing the rom (and supersu update zip) via ADB to /LOCAL/DATA/.....this worked and said zip flash was successful however, couldn't find the MD5...??? (weird)
The phone has now rebooted with sense 5.5 android 4.3 and all seems ok...so far!!!
rebooted to bootloader and phone still s-off and rooted...All seems fine and in working order.

slightly concerned about the md5 as i thought this should have some implications
but so far so good.

thanks to nelvinchi for his support and magio for his custom roms....cheers guys

Don't worry about the md5 hash fail..... If you do a manual check of md5 key for downloads, and all is ok, it's fine to ignore local fail :)

AnGrY sCoTsMaN

Nov 17, 2011
Fife
yep! cheers all seems fine nelvinchi...thanks again

Now to see about slimming down this rom, either rom cleaner or TB. with xposed!!
oh... i know wrong thread but anyone tried gravity box with One mini ?

nelvinchi

Apr 3, 2011
London
Redmi K20 Pro
Xiaomi Mi 11

Now to see about slimming down this rom, either rom cleaner or TB. with xposed!!

Gravity box is not a good idea - it's for aosp roms.
Romcleaner is my De-bloatware of choice - check my post in the q&a forum.... :)

Reactions: AnGrY sCoTsMaN

AnGrY sCoTsMaN

Nov 17, 2011
Fife
yeah just checked out the gravity box thread ,,,ill give that a miss lol.
sure i had a reply from you on the q&a about debloating...cheers again

Stefano Pech

Jun 22, 2013
Como
Hi Guys,

i have bought as second hand used an htc one mini. I live in Italy, so no Us.
The device report the following info, made by the previous owner:

TAMPERED
RELOCKED
M4_UL PVT S-OFF RL
CID-VODAP102
HBOOT-2.19.0000
RADIO 1.20.40d.00.05

It has TWRP recovery and Android 4.2.2.

I would like to restock it, deleting "tampered" and "relocked"

anybody that can help me please? thank you in advance

RuffBuster

Feb 3, 2012

Hey buddy don't be a **** and post the same question in 3 different non related threads! Make your own thread instead of hijacking others. And READ what's already here in the XDA forum, it's already been discussed!

Sent from my HTC One using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

adb kill-server

PM me with your gmail and we can chat on Hangouts to get you sorted - will be easier chatting real-time than posting loads of instructions etc....

:)
    Thanks, i will try the instructions you've posted. i am unlocked and s-off.
    Adb push worked, however Install of rom failed...as you said i will prob have to download revone and take it from there .

thanks for your prompt reply. yeah i will prob PM him but im going to try a few things first.cheers

Hi!
    A couple of things to help you get this sorted:
    You can't ADB from HBOOT/Bootloader, if you have TWRP boot to recovery then you can adb push - I'd recommend this over trying to sideload (sideload instantly flashes the zip)
    You won't be able to boot if you are UNLOCKED and have S-OFF - You can either use the terminal emulator in recovery or adb shell to use revone.
    adb push your rom zip and UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.86 zip to /sdcard/ if this returns an error, push to /data/local/ (you can install zip from here in recovery)
    Once done, install the rom, install supersu.

Most likely revone will be missing, so do this:
    adb push revone /data/local/
    adb shell
    cd /data/local/
    chmod 755 revone
    ./revone -l

Reboot to recovery and wipe cache and dalvik
    Reboot
    REBOOT TO BOOTLOADER
    Choose FASTBOOT
    fastboot flash boot boot.img (boot.img extracted from the rom zip)
    Reboot to recovery
    Reboot system
    :D

* revone download:
    download revone from http://revolutionary.io/revone
    remove .bin extention

****** REMEMBER to

but so far so good.

Gravity box is not a good idea - it's for aosp roms.
    Romcleaner is my De-bloatware of choice - check my post in the q&a forum.... :)