Should I...?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

geeshiet

May 26, 2013
Should I switch my 5s to and s5? I mean the iPhone is great and all. The apps, UI, everything seems reliable and quick. Especially the apps, its more functional than android. I understand because its easier creating apps for iPhone. Developers don't have to worry about tons of sizes, version of OS... So i get it. But android feels more fun and you can do many things that iPhone alone cant. iPhone feels like jail, and it just doesn't entertain me. So should i switch?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AbhiLP

Nov 13, 2012
Jammu
Should I switch my 5s to and s5? I mean the iPhone is great and all. The apps, UI, everything seems reliable and quick. Especially the apps, its more functional than android. I understand because its easier creating apps for iPhone. Developers don't have to worry about tons of sizes, version of OS... So i get it. But android feels more fun and you can do many things that iPhone alone cant. iPhone feels like jail, and it just doesn't entertain me. So should i switch?

I've heard of people having issues with s5, so maybe you should hold on for some time until samsung fixes all the issues .. :)

Reactions: geeshiet

devoidx

Mar 15, 2013

Well naturally we all here believe android is the way to go...but whether s5 is the right phone to switch over to is another story. S5 is a great phone but I suggest you wait a couple months..there are a some additional android phones in the pipeline for the very near future (s5 prime, m8 prime, G3, note 4) along with iphone 6 coming out ...so I suggest you wait a little bit for those to compare.

Charlie Brown

May 20, 2008
Been flashing since 2008. The Samsung S5 is the first device that I just might never even bother rooting. The battery life is unreal. The new touchwiz is fresh and cleaner looking. Th3 phone itself (at least for me) is snappy as hell. The camera is absolutely gorgeous. Also sending video, 1080p movies and photos to my Samsung tv is priceless.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

aooga

Feb 19, 2011
California
I would. I don't agree with your iOS apps are better than android apps statement though. They used to be, but now there really isn't a difference. Yeah, some apps look terrible because the dev is too lazy to follow android standards, but the most popular apps are all the same now.

Anyway, my s5 has no issues at all. It's fast, the fingerprint sensor works over 90% of the time with one hand, and no signal issues.

rogerperk

Aug 11, 2010
North Carolina
I've tried both and I find Android to be much less intrusive. It doesn't want to be my friend, doesn't want my personal info, and so on. Otherwise I agree with Mr. Brown above. Mine doesn't need any tweaking at all.

aooga

Feb 19, 2011
California
I've tried both and I find Android to be much less intrusive. It doesn't want to be my friend, doesn't want my personal info, and so on. Otherwise I agree with Mr. Brown above. Mine doesn't need any tweaking at all.

Uh...Google not wanting personal info? I think the world would end before that. :silly:

rogerperk

Aug 11, 2010
North Carolina
Uh...Google not wanting personal info? I think the world would end before that. :silly:

When I was doing Apple I had to put in an email, bank card, sexual preference, yadda yadda way more times than I was comfortable with. Seems like everything costs and everything required personal information. With Android I use my gmail account (minimum data) and can get into Pandora, Youtube, and a bunch of other service and products for no charge and no repeated follow up.

aooga

Feb 19, 2011
California
When I was doing Apple I had to put in an email, bank card, sexual preference, yadda yadda way more times than I was comfortable with. Seems like everything costs and everything required personal information. With Android I use my gmail account (minimum data) and can get into Pandora, Youtube, and a bunch of other service and products for no charge and no repeated follow up.

Well yeah, but if you turn on location services, all hope of "personal" data is lost in android. Same in iOS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I've heard of people having issues with s5, so maybe you should hold on for some time until samsung fixes all the issues .. :)

Well naturally we all here believe android is the way to go...but whether s5 is the right phone to switch over to is another story. S5 is a great phone but I suggest you wait a couple months..there are a some additional android phones in the pipeline for the very near future (s5 prime, m8 prime, G3, note 4) along with iphone 6 coming out ...so I suggest you wait a little bit for those to compare.
    Been flashing since 2008. The Samsung S5 is the first device that I just might never even bother rooting. The battery life is unreal. The new touchwiz is fresh and cleaner looking. Th3 phone itself (at least for me) is snappy as hell. The camera is absolutely gorgeous. Also sending video, 1080p movies and photos to my Samsung tv is priceless.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk