The best smart watch for the One X

Search This thread

vioalas

Apr 3, 2012
Lakeland, Fl
I was initially intending to purchase Sony's Smartwatch, but am concerned by it's compatibility with the One X - does anyone here own both products?

Upon further research and am now thinking this may be a better alternative: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/597507018/pebble-e-paper-watch-for-iphone-and-android/
What do you think? :)

I want this too, but there's no guarantee on the release date. Last time this company did a kickstarter it took them almost a year to produce and ship the device. More info on the on the phonedog website.

Reactions: kamall23

Joss-21

Nov 6, 2010
Let's wait

This one is VERY expensive!!!
I think I'm going to wait for the Pebble smartwatch as an ultimatum, and if something worthy comes out in the meantime, I'll get it.

jonstatt

Mar 17, 2008
The sony smartwatch DOES work just fine with the HTC One X, but it does not support email notification for HTC's email app as each vendor makes their own email app. I am sure at some point someone will come up with an HTC compatible notifier as it has an open API. Someone has written one for Gmail.

jelly9

Dec 6, 2006
motoactv

i use a motoactvhttps://motoactv.com/ this the best option if your the sporty type its the only one that has gps and it link up to hart rate,speed and step sensors as well as your phone. it also has 8 or 16 gig for music.

Last edited:

ChriKn

Apr 18, 2012
France / Germany
I know every technology needs it's first users... But isn't this a little soon for that type of things ?
My points are :
- My new One X with a quadcore, a camera,etc... will be thinner than my watch
- Having to reload it every night or so will be a pain
- It's ridiculously expensive
- What will it bring ? If you see you have a mail or a SMS, you'll check it on the large beautiful screen of your phone ;)

(BUT, if they were less expesive, I'd definitively buy one of thoose :D )

pzboyz

Dec 14, 2005
Yep I ordered the Pebble, I know people with the Sony Smartwatch and the imWatch, which are ust too big and need frequent charging. The Pebble is most importantly a watch with other functions secondary.

Reactions: kennyMC

vanngoh

Apr 17, 2012
Singapore
I just bought the Sony ericsson LiveView watch.
What a crap! Don't buy.. Loosing connection intermitently..
Perhaps im not using SE phone, that's why..

jonstatt

Mar 17, 2008
There are no intermittent connection issues with the Smartwatch. The original Live View watch DID have lots of connection problems even with Sony Ericsson phones!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The smart watch is great - no more issues with disconnection like the original live view. The bluetooth range now measures up to what is claimed - i.e 10 metres - i can actually be upstairs in the house with the phone downstairs and it still actually works.

The great thing is, if it loses connection - it tells you with 3 short vibrations. However as soon as you go back into range it automatically connects with no problems.

The device also has a g sensor. Instead of pressing the button to turn the screen on, try tapping the wrist strap twice.

All in all sony have made vast improvements with this latest version.
    Personally, if I was going to get a "watch" for my phone, I would go for this:

http://www.imwatch.it/eu-en/
    I was initially intending to purchase Sony's Smartwatch, but am concerned by it's compatibility with the One X - does anyone here own both products?

Upon further research and am now thinking this may be a better alternative: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/597507018/pebble-e-paper-watch-for-iphone-and-android/
    What do you think? :)

I want this too, but there's no guarantee on the release date. Last time this company did a kickstarter it took them almost a year to produce and ship the device. More info on the on the phonedog website.
    looks really cool
    Yep I ordered the Pebble, I know people with the Sony Smartwatch and the imWatch, which are ust too big and need frequent charging. The Pebble is most importantly a watch with other functions secondary.