[UPDATED 4/20][ROM]CyanogenMod 7.2.0-RC1 X2 [BETA]

Search This thread

Omega360

Apr 19, 2012
Ohio
google.com
Does anyone know what the difference is between the RC0 gapps.zip and the RC1 gapps.zip? The one provided in the updated OP has a size of 6.2 MB while the previous version has a size of 18.7 MB.

lordforex

Aug 31, 2011
Does anyone know what the difference is between the RC0 gapps.zip and the RC1 gapps.zip? The one provided in the updated OP has a size of 6.2 MB while the previous version has a size of 18.7 MB.

Well, for one, I noticed that it does not contain the normal Gmail app. It's an email app that can connect to gmail and other email accounts (including corporate email). Also the youtube app isn't in it.

I may grab the old gapps.zip if I can find it and flash that one.

thelowend

Jan 31, 2012
The cold part of Ohio
Well, for one, I noticed that it does not contain the normal Gmail app. It's an email app that can connect to gmail and other email accounts (including corporate email). Also the youtube app isn't in it.

I may grab the old gapps.zip if I can find it and flash that one.

Why couldn't you download the Gmail or any other missing apls from the Market?

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

Srambo217

Jan 5, 2012
CA
When you guys say "dropping wifi" do you mean you lose connectivity completely or does the strength just get stronger and weaker periodically? I have been running RC1 since it went up and haven't noticed any big issues. My wifi seems to stay connected. The main issue I had with RC0 was that at times my phone would not recognize media on my SD card. No problems thus far.

Sent from my MB870 using xda premium

thelowend

Jan 31, 2012
The cold part of Ohio
When you guys say "dropping wifi" do you mean you lose connectivity completely or does the strength just get stronger and weaker periodically? I have been running RC1 since it went up and haven't noticed any big issues. My wifi seems to stay connected. The main issue I had with RC0 was that at times my phone would not recognize media on my SD card. No problems thus far.

A complete wifi drop. It would drop frequently and it took anywhere from 1.5-2 minutes for my phone to connect.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

Furioustylez

Jun 27, 2011
There's a way to fix that, Editing your .build prop. When I find the link, ill post it.

Sent from my CyanogenMod 7.0.2 Droid X2
using Premium XDA app. No other roms are sufficient!

Reactions: Arbybear

smallzfsu

Jan 21, 2012
Dayum... I _just_ got comfortable on eclipse because of cm7 wifi issues, now I'm gonna have to come back into the fold.....

Sent from my DROID X2 using XDA

HT123

Jan 21, 2010
Thank you. I upgraded to a droid X2 last week. Your work and contributions are appreciated.

scarfoot

May 1, 2010
Raleigh-Durham
Very well done! I flashed over RC0 with no wipe. Fast and works great, no issues. Battery use seems to drain quicker, but I think it needs to recalibrate.

A2Trip

Mar 2, 2012
Silver Lake, WI.
Very well done! I flashed over RC0 with no wipe. Fast and works great, no issues. Battery use seems to drain quicker, but I think it needs to recalibrate.

Speaking of calibrating batteries, what app does everyone use to calibrate? I've been using battery calibrator and don't seem to see much of any difference after calibrating. (And I'm following directions to a T)

Sent From My Rooted Motorola Droid X2/MB870 Running CM-7.2.0-RC1.

Reactions: phieta

Pixelation

Jan 14, 2012
Jersey
Speaking of calibrating batteries, what app does everyone use to calibrate? I've been using battery calibrator and don't seem to see much of any difference after calibrating. (And I'm following directions to a T)

Sent From My Rooted Motorola Droid X2/MB870 Running CM-7.2.0-RC1.

There is no need to calibrate anymore. I wipe my battery stats in BSR...that is all the calibration apps do

This ISN'T my Transformer Prime

Reactions: A2Trip

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    dragonzkiller proudly presents:
    CyanogenMod 7.2.0-RC1 X2 BETA
    See Downloads Section​

IC3iE.png
    815jX.png
    wZ18R.png

d82ue.png
    cxpEU.png
    4PAPq.png

Album Here: http://imgur.com/a/c6d3l#0

Thanks to mastafunk for getting some of the hijack and 2nd-init issues worked out. Hashcode who has been a HUGE help getting the init binary users and telephony working. And definitely a huge thanks to MoonShadow-NM for being my guinea pig and helping me work out the kinks. Also a big thanks to ej1911 for pointing out the sdcard fix I missed!

Features include (but not limited to):
    THE FIRST MOTOROLA DROID X2 ROM WITH ABSOLUTELY NO BLUR AT ALL! FULLY AOSP BASED
    Super fast! Like BLAZING fast!
    Full Theme Support For Every Aspect of Your Phone
    Incognito Browser Mode
    DSP Equalizer - Custom EQ settings for headset, bluetooth, and phone speaker
    Lockscreen Customizations
    Lockscreen Gestures
    Fully Customizable Pull Down Toggles (This includes a camera LED flashlight!)
    Swipe Away Notifications
    Removable sdcard is named sdcard (for compatibility)
    Internal memory sdcard is named emmc
    And MANY MANY MORE!

How to install CM7 (Cyanogenmod) for the Motorola Droid X2.

Please note that with all ROMs, you have the possibility of bricking your phone. Use caution and ask questions! I, dragonzkiller, am NOT responsible for what you choose to do with or to your phone!

YOU MUST BE ON Gingerbread 2.3.4!!! This is the only version I will support! I have implemented a method to check for what version in the install, so you'll know. If you have ever upgraded to 2.3.5, you must SBF back to 2.3.4 as this check checks the kernel. This is the second BETA release, so that means most of the issues have been fixed, however there may still be problems! Please let me know what problems or issues you run into so I can address/fix them.

Now, onto the good stuff! It MUST be done in this order!

1. NANDROID BACKUP!
    2. SBF to 2.3.4 unless you are already there. See MoonShadow-NM's guide: HowTo: Perform a SBF ("factory restore") of your Motorola Droid X2
    3. Root your Motorola Droid X2. See MoonShadow-NM's guide: HowTo: Root your Motorola Droid X2 - UPDATED [14DEC2011]
    4. Install the Motorola Droid X2 Bootstrap Recovery (BSR). See MoonShadow-NM's guide: HowTo: Perform a bootstrap (or nandroid) backup and recovery of your Droid X2
    5. Put the Google Apps zip, the CM7 zip, and my patched BSR apk on your EXTERNAL sdcard.
    6. Boot into BootStrap Recovery. (You should know how to do this... See item number 4 above as a reference.)
    7. Install the CM7 zip.
    8. THEN the Google Apps Zip.
    10. IMPORTANT! Wipe data and cache (factory reset) and wipe dalvik cache!
    11. Boot your phone into CM7. (You will probably have to activate if you didn't after you SBF'd and setup your Google account here.)
    12. Install the patched Motorola Droid X2 Bootstrap Recovery (BSR). (This can be found in the download section of this post. Once you have CM7DX2 installed, you MUST install this BSR!)
    13. Go into the Superuser app and update the su binary.
    14. Go into the Android Market and update the apps on the phone. Keep in mind that once you update the Superuser app, you cannot update the su binary. (Looking into this, however, it might be a Superuser issue and not a CM7 issue.)
    15. Sit back and enjoy CM7 on your DX2!
    16. Never user RomManager! (Yes it's included, but that's a CM7 thing and won't work with the DX2.)
    17. NEVER DELETE ANYTHING FROM PREINSTALL! The hijack requires files in there that are installed with the BSR. I don't know why any non-dev would be messing with those files anyway.

NOTE: If you get a hang on the M after the Google Apps Zip is flashed you didn't follow these steps. But you DON'T have to SBF! Try getting into stock recovery by having the phone off, pressing the Vol Down and Power Buttons until the "Fastboot" appears on your screen, scroll DOWN until you see the "Android Recovery" and press Vol Up. You will then see an android with an exclamation point. Press BOTH volume buttons and scroll down to "Wipe Data." Press the power button to select it and scroll down to "Yes" and select that. Then reboot and WAIT! The initial boot takes the longest. If this still doesn't work, THEN SBF and follow the directions above EXACTLY.

Using the Patched Bootstrap Recovery With CM7DX2
    In order to get into recovery with CM7DX2 you ABSOLUTELY MUST download the patched BSR APK located in the download section of this post! There was a problem with the "hijack" name. It is conflicting with the CM7 hijack. NEVER install the original BSR while in CM7DX2! This is a guaranteed way to boot loop your phone! It might not boot loop the first couple of reboots, but it will... Eventually!

FIXED ISSUES!
    init no longer hogs 100% of a core
    Bluetooth WORKS!
    DSP Manager WORKS!
    Torch (flashlight) WORKS!
    Google Voice WORKS!
    Dock Settings Re-Added
    Battery Fix (battery files from 2.3.3)
    Both SD Cards work
    WIFI and USB Tethering WORKS!
    WIFI sleep issue MIGHT be fixed in Beta 2
    Updating SU binary WORKS! (After update from Play Store)

Known Issues!
    WIFI might still have some sleep issues. If this is the case, I'll look into it later.

Currently Disabled Features (Because we don't support them)
    Reboot Recovery
    Reboot Bootloader
    HDMI - There is no native code for HDMI in CM7, so this probably won't be fixed.
    FM Radio - For now. Might be a fix later.

This post will be updated as time goes on.

DOWNLOADS:
    Put these on your EXTERNAL sd card.
    Patched BSR APK for ALL versions of CM7DX2
    Google Apps (Play Store, YouTube, etc.) MD5 Sum: 1647897d8ac3efb04723d2ad2c361a3f

REFLASH THE GAPPS AFTER UPGRADING IN CASE OF FACTORY RESTORE
    Cyanogenmod 7 for the Motorola Droid X2 - BETA 2 MD5 Sum: a92b8bce58c92f6893c8c6e9881e6421

Donations are appreciated, but not required. Buy me a sandwich or gas money to visit my family by clicking the donate link by my name. :)

Bugs may be reported in this thread. It also would be a good idea to try to catch me in IRC at irc.freenode.net in the #cm7dx2 channel. You can also use the web IRC interface at http://webchat.freenode.net and join the #cm7dx2 channel. (Note that this is no longer #x2-aosp).

Change Log

update-cm-7.2.0-RC1-daytona-beta2
    updated to RC1
    included all fixes in one update

update-cm-7.2.0-RC0-daytona-beta1 tethering patch 2
    fixed BT issues from bad init.rc

update-cm-7.2.0-RC0-daytona-beta1 tethering patch
    added USB and WIFI tethering capabilities
    also fixed CM7 BSR (should work on stock, but untested)

update-cm-7.2.0-RC0-daytona-beta1
    Cyanogenmod 7 beta released!
    Bluetooth is FIXED!
    DSP Manager is FIXED!
    Google Voice works!

update-cm-7.2.0-RC0-daytona-alpha1
    Cyanogenmod 7 working on the Motorola Droid X2! - First public release
    Issues with several items:
    No bluetooth
    DSP Manager force closes when setting more than one EQ setting
    Google Voice force closes
    No HDMI
    No FM Radio
    reserved for updates
    Update to RC1 posted
    Your mistake was assuming he was 'complaining' instead of merely reporting. Tone is difficult to convey on the internet and your writing style clearly differs from his so to prevent future confusion, do not mistake a curt reply for a complaint.

Kill this already before a moderator does! Just sit back relax and wait for beta. I know every one is all pumped up but "can't we all get along" please no more on this. Even now I am adding to the cludder. Go watch dragonzkiller twitter and wait :)[COLOR="Silver
    hey moonshadow, are you actually testing dragonz cm9? just wanna know how progress is going since hes been pretty quite on twitter :p

I was testing the first pre-alpha build. That was before DZK's classes became a bear. Since then (about 2 months ago roughly), he is concentrating on his classes. As soon as things lighten up for him (read: probably summer break) he will probably pick things back up. I talked with him last night and he is still committed to CM7DX2 and CM9DX2. Something else that will help, I have a new laptop (Linux) that I can begin helping him out (as much as I can with my limited knowledge). All we are asking is patience. We both understand that everyone with a DX2 wants the rebase of CM7 and the release of CM9. With CM9 though, there are going to be some major hurdles that will have to be overcome since CM9 is a complete code re-write and the fact that CM9 is based on ICS AOSP. ICS does things much differently than Gingerbread.

For those who are new to the DX2 community, welcome! Also, when DZK went to work on CM7, he had the Alpha build out in roughly a week and the stable RC release about 3 days after that. He is a committed DX2 developer and wants to provide a smooth, working, and as close to flawless, CM9 ROM as possible.

For those that are chomping at the bit for CM9, think about this. Would you rather have CM9 in a pre-alpha state that DOESN'T work and just looks pretty, or would you rather have CM9 in a WORKING state? Personally, I would rather have CM9 in a working state.

The pre-alpha that I was testing had MANY problems. During the time that he did put into it, before school became a bear, he was able to address a good number of the items on the "does not work" punch list.

For everyone in the DX2 community, thank you for your support and understanding.

Ciao!

---------- Post added at 10:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:42 AM ----------

That sucks cause I've changed Roms before and I have been able to transfer everything. But I like this rom just can't figure out why I can't see the folder for the drag racing

Make sure it is NOT installed to run off the SDcard. It puts those files into a "file system folder". Essentially, it's a pseudo partition contained within a file. You should be able to use the CM7 Application Manager to move it from the SDcard and back to /data. Hope that helps.

Ciao!

---------- Post added at 10:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:45 AM ----------

Solved my problem....but I have another question, how many people use task killers? Do you find them effective? I just deleted mine and an going to see what it is like to not use one

Don't use task managers with CM7. There is a built in feature that allows you to purge assets to free up space. Also, task managers on Gingerbread and newer do not work. They kill the task alright, however, the Android OS will RESPAWN the task. This is a FEATURE that was build into Gingerbread to allow Android to manage the memory within the device and it works VERY well. I have a BOATLOAD of stuff running on my phone and I NEVER have less than 45MB free memory.

To configure the built in asset manager within CM7, do this: Menu -> Settings -> CyanogenMod Settings -> Performance and check Allow purging of assets.

Ciao!