[Q] How to charge HTC One X stuck in boot loop

Search This thread

fryster

Mar 15, 2011
Hi all, I have a HTC One X that is stuck in a boot loop. I want to re-flash it back to stock, but every time I plug it in to charge it enough it constantly reboots. So how can I get to over 30% charge if if constantly re-boots? Many Thanks!

_deleted_

Jun 14, 2012

As other posters have said, the latest ClockWork Mod recovery enables charging :) just flash it through fastboot (fastboot flash recovery recovery-clockwork-touch-5.8.4.0-endeavoru.img) :)

You can download it loads of places, i always get them from here (http://www.clockworkmod.com/rommanager) for obvious reasons - just find HTC One X GSM and download :)

ph_neutral

Sep 25, 2012
Perhaps booting another kernel is enough to get the phone booted far enough to start charging.

You can use 'fastboot boot <zImage> <ramdisk.cpio.gz>' to download and boot another kernel.

H170k121

Sep 9, 2012
I have a similar problem my phone is not charging beyond 3.5mV which is just roughly not enough to flash it, it requires 3.68 I think, and once it gets to 3557 it starts going down even if its connected.
I tried the .bat option already and same result. Even the phone goes warmer when charging, so I placed a fan beside it to keep it cool but no luck still...
What can I do?

Is it because the phone has no boot.img? only recovery? and a flashed rom waiting for the boot.img?

_deleted_

Jun 14, 2012
I have a similar problem my phone is not charging beyond 3.5mV which is just roughly not enough to flash it, it requires 3.68 I think, and once it gets to 3557 it starts going down even if its connected.
I tried the .bat option already and same result. Even the phone goes warmer when charging, so I placed a fan beside it to keep it cool but no luck still...
What can I do?

Is it because the phone has no boot.img? only recovery? and a flashed rom waiting for the boot.img?

Possibly, it needs the boot.img, which I'm sure you're aware is the kernel, a kernel is practically the link between software and hardware, so it could quite possibly be the fact you haven't flashed the boot.img, it more than certainly won't boot without one. Which ever Rom you flashed. Extract the boot.img from it then flash it via fastboot. Then clear the caches and it should boot.

Also if you can get into recovery just quickly flash the newest cwm and then enter it. This will allow it to charge whilst on recovery :) you can also mount your sd card in this recovery too

Sent from my HTC One X

Reactions: H170k121

H170k121

Sep 9, 2012
Possibly, it needs the boot.img, which I'm sure you're aware is the kernel, a kernel is practically the link between software and hardware, so it could quite possibly be the fact you haven't flashed the boot.img, it more than certainly won't boot without one. Which ever Rom you flashed. Extract the boot.img from it then flash it via fastboot. Then clear the caches and it should boot.

Also if you can get into recovery just quickly flash the newest cwm and then enter it. This will allow it to charge whilst on recovery :) you can also mount your sd card in this recovery too

Sent from my HTC One X

Oh yeah I know that and that's why I'm worried, because I have low batt issues that won't let me flash it =S and in recovery I have the latest cwm which is i think the .4 something, but I can't flash anything else, I can still install from sd card though, so if there is a way to flash it via sd card, or recovery it will work perfectly.

pacDiesel

Apr 14, 2010
I just woke up with the same problem.

I rebooted into CWR, wiped battery stats, and rebooted.

Now everything's fine. :)

mikkygwaz24

Jul 10, 2013

I dont have cwm installed on my htc one x and have no battery on it and it is stuck in a boot loop how could i fix this because i cant install cwm because i have no power or clear cache ? so just pre much how would i charge it in this state ?

joewong1991

Aug 2, 2012
I dont have cwm installed on my htc one x and have no battery on it and it is stuck in a boot loop how could i fix this because i cant install cwm because i have no power or clear cache ? so just pre much how would i charge it in this state ?

I was stuck like that before just kept rebooting into bootloader until I had enough bat took me about half an hour then flashed cwm straight away then left it in cwm to charge a little then restored backup

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: mikkygwaz24

mikkygwaz24

Jul 10, 2013

I was stuck like that before just kept rebooting into bootloader until I had enough bat took me about half an hour then flashed cwm straight away then left it in cwm to charge a little then restored backup

Do i have it pluged into wall charger or into pc then command prompt to reboot into bootloader? and how will i know if it ha enough charge?

joewong1991

Aug 2, 2012
Do i have it pluged into wall charger or into pc then command prompt to reboot into bootloader? and how will i know if it ha enough charge?

I used wall charger and manually booted into bootloader over and over again connecting to my pc every couple of boots until the battery low warning went
I also used thunders one click tool to see my battery level

mikkygwaz24

Jul 10, 2013
I used wall charger and manually booted into bootloader over and over again connecting to my pc every couple of boots until the battery low warning went

How did you manually boot into bootloader because i have tried and battery is still the same. thanks for your help much appreciated

joewong1991

Aug 2, 2012
How did you manually boot into bootloader because i have tried and battery is still the same. thanks for your help much appreciated

In bootloader just hit the reboot option let it try and reboot then hold power and volume button to go back to bootloader everytime it tries to boot it is charging but only a little bit so keep repeating until you have enough juice to flash recovery took me about 30mins of constant reboots until I could flash recovery

chrispy_212

Aug 4, 2010
Somewhere on this site exists a script that will do this all for you. Certainly have a search for keywords like "script" "reboot" and "charge," I'm sure it'll appear, and save you tons of effort :)

mikkygwaz24

Jul 10, 2013
In bootloader just hit the reboot option let it try and reboot then hold power and volume button to go back to bootloader everytime it tries to boot it is charging but only a little bit so keep repeating until you have enough juice to flash recovery took me about 30mins of constant reboots until I could flash recovery

I finally have enough charge but i noticed that my bootloader
is Locked but i have S-OFF, is there anyway to flash recovery with a locked bootloader i dont have cwm installed or any other
custom Rom. thanks Ive looked everywhere cant find a answer

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Is the unlock token written with a capital U or small u !

Otherwise get a new one via the htcdev site
    i unlocked it and then installed cwm but im still stick in a boot loop
    i understand i need to copy files to my phone but i wont let me push them and my computer dosnt pick up my phone,
    please help

Getting somewhere :D
    Right go to cwm mounts and storage mount your sd copy what Rom you won't to flash (my gaming Rom lol)
    When you have copied a Rom to sd card go to bootloader and flash boot.img go bact to recovery full wipe and flash Rom boot up welcome back to your hox enjoy :D

What can I do?

Sent from my HTC One X