adb devices

Search This thread

Kimmi1

Nov 22, 2009
Hello

Im brand new to Android and adb/fastboot.

I have looked at tutorials on youtube all day, and for everybody else their devices just pops up when you type adb devices.

I get nothing :(

I have done it correctly, because I get all the commands when I type adb/fastboot.

Im running windows8, could that be the problem?
Do I need some kind of extra USB drivers for my google glasses?
I do find my glasses as a camera tho.

EDIT:
So after watching a few more tutorials I understood my problem. Its windows8 usb drivers thats not correct.
I have tried to install correct drivers and edit the .ini files that need editing, but now I encountered a new problem.

Windows wont let me install correct usb drivers for google glass.
When I have device manager open, windows have already installed them as “Portable device – Glass1″
I click uninstall and they disaper from my device list, once I click “scan for new hardware” I can see that they reapper on my device list as other devices. Within 2sec windows autoinstall them as “portable device -glass1″ again.

So I try “update driver software” but this dont work either, I select the correct file and path, but I keep getting this message “windows has determined the driver software for your device is up to date”.
Im running windows8.

Any help is appreciated.

EDIT2:
As far as all the tutorial movies tell me to disable driver signing I have done so.

Last edited:

jtxdriggers

Jul 7, 2010
If all of the adb commands were working, then chances are you need to enable debugging on your Glass. Settings >> Device info >> Turn on debug

Kimmi1

Nov 22, 2009
Update:

The way to bypass windows8 and installing usb drivers, is that I need to use the option "Have Disk" and then install usb drivers that way.

All works fine now.