Poor battery life on cyanogenmod 11

Search This thread

Goku450

Jul 31, 2014
Hi,
I have a nexus 5 running cyanogenmod 11 ,and for a while now I have been experiencing
some very poor battery life performance.
yesterday it went from 50% to 1% at night because of com.android.systemui and android system.

I tried installing different nightlies versions but the battery was still unstable and drained completely. :/
So today I re-installed everything and did a complete factory reset and cache partition format installing nightly 20140731 and Gapps, hoping that would help.

I charged my phone to 100% ,and then unplugged it and let Gsam battery monitor run in background with no apps working ,almost everything greenified, with WiFi off,location off and sync on.
Google now is off, brightness on low settings (no auto brightness),good data signal strength and very low usage (mostly checking whatsapp, couple of minutes of gaming, checking some stuff on chrome, but most of the time I didn't even touch the phone).

Normally this kind of usage should not make my nexus run under 90%-95%. this time it dropped to 20% ,in 4 hours...

I followed the battery troubleshooting sticky thread , and did everything I could to make the battery last.
I've uploaded the pictures of my battery usage in a rar (it doesn't let me upload all 5 pictures,so rar it is...) and I'm really hoping someone could help me solve this..
I don't want to go back to stock android, but this battery drain is intolerable.

If you need more information please ask..

Attachments

• Desktop.rar
    1.2 MB · Views: 6
Last edited:

Elluel

Jan 14, 2014
えうれる
Sorry, I'm kinda new here.
I followed the thread and updated my original post according to that.

For these two you need to tap on it to see whats causing the wakelock ._.

aA2yG.png
aA2A7.png

Goku450

Jul 31, 2014
It hardly tells us anything until you tap on something that has somewhat high usage/what type of wakelock is keeping your device awake. In your case it would be "System..." and "Combined App Wakelocks", you tap on those.

Well ,then I'll update the screenshots after the battery is drained again ... :)

PsychDrummer

Nov 29, 2012
Considering it's a nightly, it could just be bugs. I've never actually tried nightlies because I like stability, but I suppose it is possible that there's wakelocks bugs.

PsychDrummer

Nov 29, 2012
There is no stable version for nexus 5,and I heard that snapshot is less stable than nightlies.

I just mean in general a nightly might be unstable. Not saying you should switch to a stable CM. Just saying some bugs are expected. But regardless, I agree with the previous posters. You should click on the individual apps in that list to get more information.

Top Liked Posts