[ROM][2014.09.22]Official KITKAT Huawei Mediapad X1 501L R002C324B007 firmware

Search This thread

joytest

Apr 22, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Hi all,

[UPDATE] 2014-09-22

Thanks to @sumenpo who posted in the question thread.

Huawei Taiwan has now posted R002C324B007. R002 means it is the 2nd major release.

http://consumer.huawei.com/tw/tablets/support/downloads/mediapad-x1-tw.htm

Huawei Taiwan has posted B006 for the 501L but it is not KitKat yet, although this is the FIRST release of any international ROM by an official Huawei site for the 501L

Support Site

7D-501L_V100R001C324B006_Client_Software_Taiwan_CHT_Android_4.2_EMUI_2.0_05012KJM.zip

I would like to thank chinkc from Malaysia's lowyat.net forum for the link.

According to the download site, it supports MULTIPLE languages, and English is selectable.

There are no Changelogs as yet.

According to XDA members who have tried (see few posts below), thanks @Dead-Eye, and chinkc from forum.lowyat.net/android, B006 will prompt you to update to B007, so net effect is that you get B007.

Last edited:

mura_kira

Feb 27, 2009
at last

Thanks for the good news .. I'll start the download .. and will come back with the change log .. باذن الله

aymnga

Apr 14, 2014
I hope kitkat is coming soon

Sent from my LG-D802 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Dead-Eye

Jun 3, 2008
Finely an update!!!

Well, I upgraded my Mediapad X1 (7D-501LV100T001C199B003) with success to this latest build version: 7D-501L_V100R001C324B006. After the upgrade, I receive an automatic update to version B007. So I'm currently sitting at 7D-501L_V100R001C324B007

Yes it does have English for language choice.

I have noticed a smoother (faster) operation then my previous verison. There was some preloaded China apps after the installed but I think you can uninstall it.

Still no arrow icon to hide the bottom Navigation bar, but I saw somewhere in the forum you to modify your build.prop and local.prop files (I haven't tested yet).

I also hope soon they will release KitKat firmware soon. For the meantime, I will enjoy the latest release.

Thank you Joytest for provide us with the link to the update.

Reactions: joytest

mura_kira

Feb 27, 2009
Done

The update done,, it took two days to complete the update.. because i was buting a lock for the sd card which was stopping the process,, a message (update.app not mounted) with a big fail in red.. but when i removed the sd card lock,, the update completed ,, i did not recognize the change log yet,, but there is an ota update B007 came automaticaly ,,

Thanks every body

Son-j

Jul 24, 2014
501L B007 update

After doing the SD card Rom installation using the B006, I received an OTA for B007. While the sudden increase in the icon sizes can be annoying, I can confirm that the performance has improved significantly. Btw my unit came out of the box at B001. The lags were very annoying and I was close to selling the unit. But I told myself I would experiment on this first before doing so. Anyway my Antitumor before was 21k+ now it is 26k+. Also it behaves now like a real jellybean device, smoother than ever. I notice that it seemed like around 200+ ram space has been added (could be that the firmware caused the more efficient memory management) that's why I can open lots of apps now without experiencing significant lags. My LTE signal has stabilized more. Sorry I couldn't offer screenshots. I really hope that kit at will come soon. :)

Dead-Eye

Jun 3, 2008
Update....

Well, I upgraded my Mediapad X1 (7D-501LV100T001C199B003) with success to this latest build version: 7D-501L_V100R001C324B006. After the upgrade, I receive an automatic update to version B007. So I'm currently sitting at 7D-501L_V100R001C324B007

I have noticed a smoother (faster) operation then my previous verison. There was some preloaded China apps after the installed but I think you can uninstall it.

Still no arrow icon to hide the bottom Navigation bar, but I saw somewhere in the forum you to modify your build.prop and local.prop files (I haven't tested yet).

I also hope soon they will release KitKat firmware soon. For the meantime, I will enjoy the latest release.

UPDATE: After a few days playing around with the phone. Everything is sofar so good but one issue I found - Only the 4G (Radio Baseband) in this ROM update is NOT compatible with the 4G (Radio Baseband) in the Middle East.

Please note Western Europe had release their Kit Kat firmware update. Currently downloading and will test soon. More info, Please see the link thread below.

http://xdaforums.com/huawei-mediapad/general/firmware-huawei-mediapad-x1-501l-b102-t2868549

Last edited:
Reactions: joytest

Vagcon

Sep 7, 2014
Huawei mediapad x1 501L

Downloaded update file. Copy to computer. Unzip. Created dload folder. Copy Unzip file to dload and pasted to SD card. Install SD card to pad. Click manual update. Could not detect update package. Unable to update Xi pad. Please help

Son-j

Jul 24, 2014
It's pretty easy :)

Downloaded update file. Copy to computer. Unzip. Created dload folder. Copy Unzip file to dload and pasted to SD card. Install SD card to pad. Click manual update. Could not detect update package. Unable to update Xi pad. Please help

The dload folder is inside the zipped file. Find it and put it in the root directory of your SD card. Make sure your SD card is Fat32. Make sure your unit has at least 80% power or more. Turn off the unit. Turn it on again. The installation should start upon reset.

After successful installation, you will receive OTA update to B007. enable it for another round of firmware update. After this, you should be able to enjoy a smoother X1 :)

---------- Post added at 07:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:45 PM ----------

After doing the SD card Rom installation using the B006, I received an OTA for B007. While the sudden increase in the icon sizes can be annoying, I can confirm that the performance has improved significantly. Btw my unit came out of the box at B001. The lags were very annoying and I was close to selling the unit. But I told myself I would experiment on this first before doing so. Anyway my Antitumor before was 21k+ now it is 26k+. Also it behaves now like a real jellybean device, smoother than ever. I notice that it seemed like around 200+ ram space has been added (could be that the firmware caused the more efficient memory management) that's why I can open lots of apps now without experiencing significant lags. My LTE signal has stabilized more. Sorry I couldn't offer screenshots. I really hope that kit at will come soon. :)

Before this update, my unit could detect my 500GB Seagate and 1TB WD external drives via OTG. It was really convenient. Now the B007 update seems to have removed that feature. Could it be that the reverse current feature in the USB port was not included anymore? I think it's the one that's supposed to power up the disk so it can be detected.

Alexei Volkoff

Feb 22, 2013
I've just done the update on my 501L, from B003 to B006 and then to B007 OTA.

With B003 my home wi-fi network showed up on the MediaPad. My 2.4 GHz network was on channel 13 and my 5 GHz network on auto channel selection. After updating to B0006 both networks were no longer recognized. I then found out that channels 12 and 13 on the 2.4 GHz band were no longer supported (had to change to channel 1) and that 5 GHz is no longer supported altogether! :mad:

The interface is faster but removing channels and the 5 GHz band is a downgrade. Also, the only western language supported is English, unlike firmware B003 which supported several western languages. IMO this a sloppy job. Huawei did some minor tweaks on the oriental firmware in order to make it work with 501L devices and that was it.

From what I've read, the KitKat update is another sloppy job. I'm starting to wonder if these 7" were worth leaving Samsung. Anyway, if you face this problem, just change channels and your wi-fi network will show up.

mru55

Mar 10, 2014
Updating to B007 should give you back the 5GHz.

And yes, Huawei's software is sloppy. For everything they fix they bring back one previously fixed problem, plus a new one.

Alexei Volkoff

Feb 22, 2013
Thanks but no dice. I've tried every possible combination on channel 36 and 40 + everything in auto mode and the 5 GHz channel still doesn't show up. It is not like I can't live without it, but if it was there in the first place there is no reason for it to be gone (apart from Huawei's incompetence, that is).

Dead-Eye

Jun 3, 2008
Going to try...

Joytest, Thanks for the update. I'm going to test this new update. The last Taiwan update my 4G didn't work everything else work okay, so I end up updating to the German KitKat 4.4.2 release but the samething 4G didn't work and the dpi setting is high (400). After some research my Middle East 4G LTE has the same bands of Taiwan and German, so I don't know why my 4G is not connecting. Maybe something to do with the hardware itself.

I hope this new Taiwan KitKat 4.4 version that the dpi setting is set to 320 and my 4G work.

I give a try once download is complete.

As anyone else updated to the latest version? and if so, is the dpi set correctly?

joytest

Apr 22, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
I loaded it up last night, and it is 400 dpi. Everything is a little larger, and according to some reports, the device goes into "phone" mode instead of "tablet" mode originally. For example, the icons in Clash of Clans become larger, like on my Note 3. Previously I could see 2 rows of Defenses icons, no I can only see 1 row.

The only other gripe is that I can't install Xposed. Anyone have any clue? The previous hack of modifying build.prop ro.config.hwtheme = 0 no longer works.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi all,

[UPDATE] 2014-09-22

Thanks to @sumenpo who posted in the question thread.

Huawei Taiwan has now posted R002C324B007. R002 means it is the 2nd major release.

http://consumer.huawei.com/tw/tablets/support/downloads/mediapad-x1-tw.htm

Huawei Taiwan has posted B006 for the 501L but it is not KitKat yet, although this is the FIRST release of any international ROM by an official Huawei site for the 501L

Support Site

7D-501L_V100R001C324B006_Client_Software_Taiwan_CHT_Android_4.2_EMUI_2.0_05012KJM.zip

I would like to thank chinkc from Malaysia's lowyat.net forum for the link.

According to the download site, it supports MULTIPLE languages, and English is selectable.

There are no Changelogs as yet.

According to XDA members who have tried (see few posts below), thanks @Dead-Eye, and chinkc from forum.lowyat.net/android, B006 will prompt you to update to B007, so net effect is that you get B007.
    Finely an update!!!

Update....

UPDATE: After a few days playing around with the phone. Everything is sofar so good but one issue I found - Only the 4G (Radio Baseband) in this ROM update is NOT compatible with the 4G (Radio Baseband) in the Middle East.

Please note Western Europe had release their Kit Kat firmware update. Currently downloading and will test soon. More info, Please see the link thread below.

http://xdaforums.com/huawei-mediapad/general/firmware-huawei-mediapad-x1-501l-b102-t2868549
    501L_V100R002C324B007 is available. See post 1.

According to @sumenpo, it is Kitkat.

Time to give it a spin?