[Q] Double Tap To Wake -> Battery

Search This thread

BR4DOKYBrazil

Sep 20, 2011
Londrina
So be it. I think many usrs are so serious about battery consumption. For me it's ok unless it significantly drains.

I do not know which model of Nokia that has this feature as well and there is a warning appear when activated on that consume more battery than normal! I found it strange why Sony have not put this warning if consume more battery! Believe to be insignificant!

easycure1974

Nov 22, 2005
Eskilstuna
I do not know which model of Nokia that has this feature as well and there is a warning appear when activated on that consume more battery than normal! I found it strange why Sony have not put this warning if consume more battery! Believe to be insignificant!
It did on the Lumia 1520 but they took the warning away with a touch update

Reactions: BR4DOKYBrazil

gibbo82

Jul 16, 2010
Coventry
You would of thought Sony would have implemented double tap to lock as well. This feature seems pointless to me!

Although I use it to check the time

nadimsoze

Jul 22, 2010
Johannesburg
You would of thought Sony would have implemented double tap to lock as well. This feature seems pointless to me!

Although I use it to check the time

There's an xposed module to get double tap status bar to sleep. Also you can use GEL launcher with xposed where the back button on the main home screen becomes a power button.
a3u8a8yb.jpg

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

langevol

May 2, 2008
With this, only touchscreen is on, but in other app how drain the battery, the screen stay on but With blackscreen... That's why there's no battery drain in z2 ^^
My wife have a z1, and every day i have to play with it, i make a double tap and finaly realize that i'm stupid, there's no double tap fonctionality ^^

Sent from my D6503 using XDA Free mobile app

BR4DOKYBrazil

Sep 20, 2011
Londrina
I like this feature too but I find that my phone would turn itself on in my pocket, so I turned it off

The second reason why I turn off too! But I leave the screen facing the outside of the pocket!

I've been testing and I noticed that it only turn on to squeeze twice in exactly the same place, making it difficult to turn on the device in your pocket!

BanziBaby

Oct 21, 2010
Never had any issues with tap to wake affecting battery life, very occasionally it will unlock the screen when in my pocket but only when my hands are in there, great feature that saves wear & tear on the power button.

Daniel_I

Jan 19, 2015
I like this feature too but I find that my phone would turn itself on in my pocket, so I turned it off

I don't belive it. I don't have this problem. Other aplication is turning your phone on, like Viber..many others, not this double tap function
For me it's working just perfect.

Top Liked Posts