[Layout] Android Phone 7 (HDPI)

Search This thread

newone757

Sep 6, 2007
Heres the resources and mini guide to this as promised

premonition_by_newone757-d2yhhx0.png

Resources:::

Icons and PSD's-http://dl.dropbox.com/u/4111270/Icons_AP7.zip

the font used is Helvitca. Not a free font and no i can not provide it. A little google might land you it illegally

N4HuX

clock is just digital clock widget with the date in black so you cant see

Instructions:::

Using Launcher Pro Plus or ADW Launcher
and
Desktop Visualizer

For Horizontal Widgets, Select the 4x1 Desktop Visualizer widget, load your 3x1 png and shortcut, and then resize it to 3x1 when placed on the homescreen

For vertical Widgets its straightforward. Widget size is 1x2.

If you want the dock set it in launcher pro and then use a transparent icon for the launcher in the middle. Transparent Icon not included​

More Guidance. Thanks for helpin out

You have to change your home screen to use 5 rows of icons. ;)

1. You have to install Launcher Pro (and activate Plus features to be able to resize the widgets properly)
2. Install Desktop Visualizer
3. In LauncherPro settings, set appearance of the dock to custom, and use the dock from the new layout.
4. Under advanced set rows to 5.
5. Change app launcher icon to http://www.elektrobike-hotels.com/markers/transparent.png
6. Remove icons from dock.
7. Create Desktop Visualizer widgets of the appropriate size and configure them to look like the layout.
8. Enjoy!

andyriot has been kind enough to port this over to the lower resolution devices, Its looking sharp too. Way sharper than mine. Nice
To everyone with an MDPI device wishing to use this -- [Layout] Android Phone 7 (MDPI)

All credit goes to newone757 and permission was asked to release.

Last edited:

nscott89

May 9, 2009
Columbia, SC
Is there a way to make them fit right next to each other like in the picture?

How to get this to work on HTC Desire?
1. You have to install Launcher Pro (and activate Plus features to be able to resize the widgets properly)
3. In LauncherPro settings, set appearance of the dock to custom, and use the dock from the new layout.
5. Change app launcher icon to http://www.elektrobike-hotels.com/markers/transparent.png
7. Create Desktop Visualizer widgets of the appropriate size and configure them to look like the layout.
8. Enjoy!

Last edited:

nitsuajd

Jul 16, 2008
Badalona
for the proper functioning is necessary not to use the option to hide the taskbar when used causes Racked

but of course wonderful concept!

agentpower

Aug 26, 2008
Indianapolis
nice style newone.

Question: Do you plan on making more icons like this? Like for Gmail, and certain apps, like a aldiko(or just called book reader) or Market, Camera, contacts or voicemail? If you made a icon pack like this im sure people would donate! :)

Just wondering Thanks!

nscott89

May 9, 2009
Columbia, SC
One more thing newone757... Is there any way you could put these up as png? The jpeg compression kind of messes up the clean look going on here (on my phone at least). If so it would be much appreciated. ;)

Last edited:

LudoAnders

Jul 15, 2010
This is really awesome, just needed the icon sizes...I'll be going to make my own icons like this. Thanks for your inspiration and originality :)

Sent from my HTC Desire using XDA App

nscott89

May 9, 2009
Columbia, SC
nice style newone.

Question: Do you plan on making more icons like this? Like for Gmail, and certain apps, like a aldiko(or just called book reader) or Market, Camera, contacts or voicemail? If you made a icon pack like this im sure people would donate! :)

Just wondering Thanks!
Count me in.

I am thinking about donating already, :) but if you were to make more icons I would be obligated to donate for the hard work. ;)
Once again, appreciate the work you've put into this. I fav'd this on DA.

Edit: PNG's would be nice as i'm noticing a lot of jpeg compression.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Heres the resources and mini guide to this as promised

premonition_by_newone757-d2yhhx0.png

Resources:::

Icons and PSD's-http://dl.dropbox.com/u/4111270/Icons_AP7.zip

the font used is Helvitca. Not a free font and no i can not provide it. A little google might land you it illegally

N4HuX

clock is just digital clock widget with the date in black so you cant see

Instructions:::

Using Launcher Pro Plus or ADW Launcher
    and
    Desktop Visualizer

For Horizontal Widgets, Select the 4x1 Desktop Visualizer widget, load your 3x1 png and shortcut, and then resize it to 3x1 when placed on the homescreen

For vertical Widgets its straightforward. Widget size is 1x2.

If you want the dock set it in launcher pro and then use a transparent icon for the launcher in the middle. Transparent Icon not included​

More Guidance. Thanks for helpin out

8. Enjoy!

andyriot has been kind enough to port this over to the lower resolution devices, Its looking sharp too. Way sharper than mine. Nice
    To everyone with an MDPI device wishing to use this -- [Layout] Android Phone 7 (MDPI)

All credit goes to newone757 and permission was asked to release.
    Due to a few request.. I added a few more icons to my pack. Enjoy.

allicons.png

There are a few alternatives to play with. :)

NOTE: I made these icons based off my Droid X resolution (480x854), so they may be bigger on other phones. You can use photoshop to reduce the size to fit your phone better.

I use:
    3x1 (Horizontal) Icons = 390x150 pixels
    1x2 (Vertical) Icons = 120x330 pixels

How to set it up:

Apps Needed:
    Launcher Pro Plus (LP)
    Desktop Visualizer (DV)

1. Open your LP Preferences > Advanced Settings > 5 Icon rows in homescreen (Check it), restart LP.
    2. For Horizontal icons (3x1) Open a 4x1 DV widget, select your icon, select the app you want it to open and remove the name from the edit box. After you create it, resize the 4x1 DV widget to 3x1 with LP (long press icon).
    3. For Vertical icons (1x2) Open a 1x3 DV widget, select your icon, select the app you want it to open and remove the name from the edit box. After you create it, resize the 3x1 widget to 2x1 with LP (long press icon).

Updated:
    10/21/10 - Added Weather, Contacts, Task Killer, Alarm Clock.

10/19/10 - Added TiKL, Soundhound, MP3 Download, Voicemail.

10/14/10 - Added Bar Scanner, Pandora radio, Movies, Clockwork Recovery.

10/12/10 - Added NFL Mobile, To Do List, Shazam, Yelp.

10/11/10 - Added AppBrain, Calulator, Dropbox, Office Suite, News headlines.

10/10/10 - Added Wireless Tether, xda developers.

10/09/10 - Added an Alt Gallery. Replaced 3 icons with misspelling.

10/08/10 - Added Notepad, Docs2go, Youtube, Google Goggles, Settings (x2), MSN, Astro File Manager.

★★ Buy me a Beer if you like my work! ★★

Also if you dont have the .apk for Desktop Visualizer, I attached it to this thread. (credit to moonrock)
    Heres a few I threw together
    Im going to try to answer all these questions soon yall.

But there shouldnt be any jpegs in this at all, if so, here they are zipped up.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/4111270/Icons_AP7.zip

Im pretty sure thats desktop visualizer messing with the quality. But right now the only option is to embed the images into a wallpaper, which i dont want to do because i have widgets on my other screens

thanks yall
    why the goddamn hell did you suggest this piece of **** app when it doesnt have wp7 skin for the phone which i ORIGINALLY asked for?

You're a freakin' moron. You asked, and I quote:

"will this android phone 7 also make the phone look like WP7 phone?"

Windows Phone 7 on the left - Launcher7 on the right:

Looks pretty similar to me.

I would ask you to clarify what "wp7 skin" means- which you did NOT ORIGINALLY ask for... but I don't care about your stupid question anymore.

You're obviously lacking the mental capacity to ask the right question- and you get angry when others don't understand you. A simple "thanks for the reply, but this wasn't what I meant" would have sufficed. Instead, you want to be an asshole.

Good luck "customizing" your phone, douche.