At&t galaxy s2 apn settings for unlocked gs2

Search This thread

ajftl

Mar 30, 2010
Was wondering if anyone have had a chance to get the at&t galaxy s2 APN settings yet. I think it would benefits us with imports gs2 on at&t...

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

3000psi

Jan 10, 2011
Washington, DC
Was wondering if anyone have had a chance to get the at&t galaxy s2 APN settings yet. I think it would benefits us with imports gs2 on at&t...

Well, I was trying to fix my apn settings on my sgs2 import because I was not getting mms messages and I used the "Reset to default" feature in the apn menu. I got three new apn settings that replaced the ones I had put in manually. The new ones are: ATT PHONE, ATT WAP, and BROADBAND. The settings seem to match the ones that are commonly sited for AT&T "4g" phones. So my guess is that AT&T recognized something new about my phone and gave me the "new" sgs2 settings. I used to get the Cingular 410 settings. Everything is working fine now.

You may want to just try Reset to default. I have the new AT&T "4g" sim and I am in the DC area just for reference.

ss

Reactions: Synman

BarryH_GEG

Jan 16, 2009
Spokane, Washington
***WARNING***

Well, I was trying to fix my apn settings on my sgs2 import because I was not getting mms messages and I used the "Reset to default" feature in the apn menu. I got three new apn settings that replaced the ones I had put in manually. The new ones are: ATT PHONE, ATT WAP, and BROADBAND. The settings seem to match the ones that are commonly sited for AT&T "4g" phones. So my guess is that AT&T recognized something new about my phone and gave me the "new" sgs2 settings. I used to get the Cingular 410 settings. Everything is working fine now.

You may want to just try Reset to default. I have the new AT&T "4g" sim and I am in the DC area just for reference.

ss

To anybody on a grandfathered unlimited plan or the data for non-Smart Phones plan don't do this. I did, and like the OP said, it overlayed new default settings. These setting don't work unless you're on a 4G data plan. I lost all data connectivity afterward. I deleted the new (now the default) APN settings and replaced them with a new APN I had to create with the orignal settings. I'm also guessing for this to have happened that AT&T now recognizes the international SGS2 as a 4G phone running on their network. Otherwise, why would the default APN settings suddenly change? I hope this doesn't mean the end of the (almost) free ride we've been getting. So any APN settings posted from the AT&T version of the phone will be useless unless you're being billed for an official 4G plan.

In case anyone needs them, below are the standard settings:

Name: AT&T
APN: wap.cingular
Proxy: leave blank
Port: leave blank
Username:WAP@CINGULARGPRS.COM
Password:CINGULAR1 (yes this is in CAPS)
Server: leave blank
MMSC: http://mmsc.cingular.com
MMS Proxy: wireless.cingular.com
MMS Port: 80
MCC:310
MNC:410
APN Type: Internet + MMS

Reactions: barondebxl

3000psi

Jan 10, 2011
Washington, DC
To anybody on a grandfathered unlimited plan or the data for non-Smart Phones plan don't do this. I did, and like the OP said, it overlayed new default settings. These setting don't work unless you're on a 4G data plan. I lost all data connectivity afterward. I deleted the new (now the default) APN settings and replaced them with a new APN I had to create with the orignal settings. I'm also guessing for this to have happened that AT&T now recognizes the international SGS2 as a 4G phone running on their network. Otherwise, why would the default APN settings suddenly change? I hope this doesn't mean the end of the (almost) free ride we've been getting. So any APN settings posted from the AT&T version of the phone will be useless unless you're being billed for an official 4G plan.

Just to clarify, I have the grandfathered unlimited data plan, have a 4g sim and had my account changed to the use the 4G SOC code : HSDPPB. So in my case unlimited data and 4g are not mutually exclusive. I am getting the same speeds (6mbs - 8mbs) as I was when I manually entered the recommended setting from the "fix your apn" thread but now my mms is working.

I am not recommending anyone do it or not do it, just sharing my experience.

SS

BarryH_GEG

Jan 16, 2009
Spokane, Washington
Just to clarify, I have the grandfathered unlimited data plan, have a 4g sim and had my account changed to the use the 4G SOC code : HSDPPB. So in my case unlimited data and 4g are not mutually exclusive. I am getting the same speeds (6mbs - 8mbs) as I was when I manually entered the recommended setting from the "fix your apn" thread but now my mms is working.

I am not recommending anyone do it or not do it, just sharing my experience.

SS

Anyone on a 4G plan, no matter how they got there, would benefit from the new APN. Anyone on a 3G plan will lose data connectivity. I get up to 8MB down in a fake-4G area using the Cingular 410 APN on a 3G plan. I get 3MB down at home in an area that's not been upgraded.

imageisstyle

Dec 18, 2010
Atlanta
APN Settings for 3g on AT&T

Hi everyone. I added a new APN using the settings that BarryH_GEG posted. I had just bought the SGS2 I9100 off eBay. It was bought at a great price. Now, when I had put in my Sim card, it was not recognizing the data network. Weird because it showed my Sim contacts and my Sim and Network info in the About the Phone section in Settings. Because of this forum, it now reads my Sim along with the 3G ATT network. I was starting to get pissed, then realized it was just the APN settings. Now everything works great. Best phone I have ever owned. Thanks again BarryH_GEG for the settings info..:)

Synman

Recognized Developer

ss

I'd been dorking around with my APN settings off and on for the past month... Didn't even consider the "Reset to default" option until reading your post. Worked like a champ. I had the exact same results AT&T Philadelphia area.

Oseis

Feb 13, 2012
Jersey City
For those trying to getthe i9100 ICS XXLPB AT&T settings

After reading many threads, stretching my Google-fu to the limit, flashing many modems, and spending an hour on the phone with AT$T Tech support, I found a solution and will try to pay it forward.

First roll back to XXKPA modem.

Then create two APNs.

The first:
(Enter only the listed values. Leave all other fields at their default values. )

Proxy: wireless.cingular.com
Port: 80
MMSC: mmsc.cingular.com
APN Protocol: IPv4/IPV6
APN Type: default,supl,fota,dun

***SAVE!***

Then create the second:

Name: Broadband
APN: Phone
APN Protocol: IPv4

***SAVE!***

Select the radio button for Broadband APN.

Enable and then disable Airplane Mode.

Then you will see the 3g/H+ icons flashing and you are done!

dan1431

Nov 25, 2006
After reading many threads, stretching my Google-fu to the limit, flashing many modems, and spending an hour on the phone with AT$T Tech support, I found a solution and will try to pay it forward.

First roll back to XXKPA modem.

Then create two APNs.

The first:
(Enter only the listed values. Leave all other fields at their default values. )

Proxy: wireless.cingular.com
Port: 80
MMSC: mmsc.cingular.com
APN Protocol: IPv4/IPV6
APN Type: default,supl,fota,dun

***SAVE!***

Then create the second:

Name: Broadband
APN: Phone
APN Protocol: IPv4

***SAVE!***

Select the radio button for Broadband APN.

Enable and then disable Airplane Mode.

Then you will see the 3g/H+ icons flashing and you are done!

The APN depends on the type of DATA (3G/4G) that is provisioned (SOC) on each individual's account.

1) wap.cingular is the correct APN if your account is provisioned for 3G DATA
2) phone is the correct APN if your account is provisioned for 4G DATA

With regards to the 3G/H/H+ icon that depends on the cell site and not the APN configured on the phone. With GSM technology, the phone tells the cell site this is what I am capable of and the cell site tells the phone what it is capable of and then the phone utilizes the best possible option.

As an example, if the cell site is upgraded to HSPA+ the phone will display H+, if the cell site is only capable of UMTS it would display 3G.

Dan

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

ss
    ***WARNING***

ss