[CM7][UNOFFICIAL][NOV10] temasek's UNOFFICIAL BUILD 135.4 - FINAL RELEASE

Search This thread

salisbury_steak

Oct 21, 2010
Manila
www.fb.com
i cannot download build 97 using my mobile phone and wifi. i used my phone the last time i downloaded build 96.. weird..

I downloaded from hopto earlier via phone and wifi. It worked fine.

---------- Post added at 05:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:55 PM ----------

I have strange stuff going on in my status bar btw. I turned off the transparency mods for both bar and notification area just to make sure.

Here's the wierd stuff:
When I open the Facebook app, the status bar turns to white.
When I open the Play Store, the status bar turns grey.
Anyone else having this?

temasek

Feb 2, 2010
Singapore

---------- Post added at 05:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:55 PM ----------

I have strange stuff going on in my status bar btw. I turned off the transparency mods for both bar and notification area just to make sure.

Here's the wierd stuff:
Anyone else having this?

Yes its "normal" as per my earlier explaination.

Now u must set colour (eg black) and slide alpha to eg 50-75% to get back normal status bar. Its a trade-off. But I'll check and see if there's a fix for this.

Reactions: salisbury_steak

salisbury_steak

Oct 21, 2010
Manila
www.fb.com
Yes its "normal" as per my earlier explaination.

Now u must set colour (eg black) and slide alpha to eg 50-75% to get back normal status bar. Its a trade-off. But I'll check and see if there's a fix for this.

Ah... Sorry about that. I thought only the fuzziness was the known issue.
Obviously, I was too excited to play with this new build that I fell victim to one of the forum faux pas that I dislike. Not reading the previous page well enough. :(

Thanks for your patience in continuously supporting us Temasek!

temasek

Feb 2, 2010
Singapore
Ah... Sorry about that. I thought only the fuzziness was the known issue.
Obviously, I was too excited to play with this new build that I fell victim to one of the forum faux pas that I dislike. Not reading the previous page well enough. :(

Thanks for your patience in continuously supporting us Temasek!

Np :)

Btw I don't usually use themes. I like stock feeling with transparent dropdown notification. Its like cm6 back then. :D

Last edited:

DcR-Nl

May 6, 2011
OnePlus 6
Moto G7 Power
temasak, thanks for all the time you've put into this one! I used to be a little skeptical about the stability of these 'unnofficial' CM7 roms, but you proved me wrong, this one runs smooth... :)

I've just installed RC1-97 and after changing the color of the clock I have to reboot to see the new color.. But when I switch the position of the clock - for example from the right to the center - it changes to the new color. When switching back it's the old color again. Wouldn't it be possible to make it refresh right after changing the color (without rebooting)?

When I enabled transparency for the statusbar and notification I end up with some errors (take a look at the attachments). The statusbar does however turn transparent when I enable a live wallpaper and during the lockscreen, in all other situation it doesn't. Maybe it's relevant to state I'm using the Ice9 theme. I do know I ain't the first one to notice this, just confirming.

Also, I can't seem to install and run Zoner AntiVirus on this rom. I've been using it on many roms and this one just refuses to cooperate. Anyone who can confirm this, please?

Attachments

• screenshot-1335777115533.jpg
    screenshot-1335777115533.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 259
  • screenshot-1335777126516.jpg
    screenshot-1335777126516.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 247

mikle_01

Jul 18, 2011
Kiel
For me custom color doesn't work . Only transparent works; but the it's unusable....

I use ICS Theme (via buildin "Designs") and Widget Locker instead of build-in CM Lockscreen .

Litderose

Jun 8, 2007
Paris
temasak, thanks for all the time you've put into this one! I used to be a little skeptical about the stability of these 'unnofficial' CM7 roms, but you proved me wrong, this one runs smooth... :)

I've just installed RC1-97 and after changing the color of the clock I have to reboot to see the new color.. But when I switch the position of the clock - for example from the right to the center - it changes to the new color. When switching back it's the old color again. Wouldn't it be possible to make it refresh right after changing the color (without rebooting)?

When I enabled transparency for the statusbar and notification I end up with some errors (take a look at the attachments). The statusbar does however turn transparent when I enable a live wallpaper and during the lockscreen, in all other situation it doesn't. Maybe it's relevant to state I'm using the Ice9 theme. I do know I ain't the first one to notice this, just confirming.

Also, I can't seem to install and run Zoner AntiVirus on this rom. I've been using it on many roms and this one just refuses to cooperate. Anyone who can confirm this, please?

To refresh, you don't need to reboot, see Temasek's post here :
You can download "Notifications restart" from play store to restart your status bar instead of rebooting.

I have the same problem when enabling transparency : i need to have a live wallpaper (see my posts above).
But for me, it'snot an annoying problem.
It's not relevant with you theme.

For Zoner AntiVirus, I can't say anything, I don't use any antivirus.
Cheers.

temasek

Feb 2, 2010
Singapore

1. Use "Notifications restart" or similiar app from Play Store" to restart your status bar. As such no reboot is required .

2. I tried several cm themes, the clock colour which I selected remains even though I set to center or unset it back to original right position.

3. Try setting the status bar to custom colour and select black then move alpha to about 75%. Select dropdown background to transparent.

mrgian

Mar 16, 2012
Davao City

Here's the wierd stuff:
Anyone else having this?

I guess its because of the internet connection on the main source.. Anyway, I have downloaded it already and gonna flash it later. :D:D:D I'll just post if I encounter any issue.

DcR-Nl

May 6, 2011
OnePlus 6
Moto G7 Power
1. Use "Notifications restart" or similiar app from Play Store" to restart your status bar. As such no reboot is required .

2. I tried several cm themes, the clock colour which I selected remains even though I set to center or unset it back to original right position.

3. Try setting the status bar to custom colour and select black then move alpha to about 75%. Select dropdown background to transparent.
1. and 2. Sorry, I didn't make myself clear. The clock color does remain after a reboot or after using Notification restart. I just noticed that changing the position to the center also updates the color, thus it looks like it should be possible to change the code to update the color without needing to reboot or use Notification restart.
Wouldn't adding the following line inside the method observe() of
packages/SystemUI/src/com/android/systemui/statusbar/Clock.java fix this:
Code:
resolver.registerContentObserver(Settings.System.getUriFor(Settings.System.STATUS_BAR_CLOCKCOLOR), false, this)
I'm a real newb when it comes to Android programming, but I noticed that the center clock updates immediately and the 'normal' one requires a reboot or reset with the app. I now think it's caused by the missing observer. Please don't flame if it's a bad guess.:p

3. I tried, but problem remains the same. Doesn't turn transparent without live wallpaper and notification area is red. Though, in the theme I'm using the notification area is transparant by default so it ain't a real issue. Just doesn't look real nice.

temasek

Feb 2, 2010
Singapore
1. and 2. Sorry, I didn't make myself clear. The clock color does remain after a reboot or after using Notification restart. I just noticed that changing the position to the center also updates the color, thus it looks like it should be possible to change the code to update the color without needing to reboot or use Notification restart.
Wouldn't adding the following line inside the method observe() of
packages/SystemUI/src/com/android/systemui/statusbar/Clock.java fix this:
Code:
resolver.registerContentObserver(Settings.System.getUriFor(Settings.System.STATUS_BAR_CLOCKCOLOR), false, this)
I'm a real newb when it comes to Android programming, but I noticed that the center clock updates immediately and the 'normal' one requires a reboot or reset with the app. I now think it's caused by the missing observer. Please don't flame if it's a bad guess.:p

3. I tried, but problem remains the same. Doesn't turn transparent without live wallpaper and notification area is red. Though, in the theme I'm using the notification area is transparant by default so it ain't a real issue. Just doesn't look real nice.

1. I don't quite get u. Changing of clock colour doesn't requires a reboot. It is instant change.

2. If u are using adw or any launcher that has a wallpaper hack, disable it. Actually I have it enabled and doesn't affect me in anyway.

May I suggest u change both status bar and dropdown to default, reboot or status bar restart, then do your settings again.

Edit: oh u referring to the normal clock. I'll relook into the source again these few days.

Edit: Yes you are right about the color of the normal clock, it doesn't change. I will sure look into it soon.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Reactions: fanaticbr

DcR-Nl

May 6, 2011
OnePlus 6
Moto G7 Power
1. I don't quite get u. Changing of clock colour doesn't requires a reboot. It is instant change.

2. If u are using adw or any launcher that has a wallpaper hack, disable it. Actually I have it enabled and doesn't affect me in anyway.

May I suggest u change both status bar and dropdown to default, reboot or status bar restart, then do your settings again.

Edit: oh u referring to the normal clock. I'll relook into the source again these few days.

Edit: Yes you are right about the color of the normal clock, it doesn't change. I will sure look into it soon.

Thanks.
1. Haha nice, no problem. :)

2. Disabling the wallpaper hack and following your suggestion indeed fixed the corruption. Thanks a lot!
Edit: Whoops, no it didn't fix it completely. The statusbar now appears transparant when I select Theme (default). When selecting Custom color (black 75% alpha) it isn't, not even a little. Notification area still red when selection transparent. Also tried wiping /cache and dalvik cache. But I don't care anymore, I can live with it.

Last edited:

mrgian

Mar 16, 2012
Davao City
weird.. clock dont show up even the center option is check or uncheck. and, i cannot make my dropdown notif transparent or semi.. i guess ill go back to 96.. :(

temasek

Feb 2, 2010
Singapore
weird.. clock dont show up even the center option is check or uncheck. and, i cannot make my dropdown notif transparent or semi.. i guess ill go back to 96.. :(

Read a few posts before yours.

Anyway more options may give some users confusion. That's probably why cm9 going for less options the better.

#97 is definitely better than #96. I fixed several items but still its not perfect.

temasek

Feb 2, 2010
Singapore
Seems like quite a number of users having problems with the status bar mods. Do you guys wanna drop it?

I'm giving it a few days to fiddle with these builds and if still having issues then I'll revert.

Fwiw I don't have any issues with those mods.

Edit: I have a suggestion.

Since I make 2 builds per device. A wild suggestion.

1. Continue with status bar mods for all builds

Or

2. ONLY build with PDroid support has the status bar mods. The non-pdroid build remains using only cm source (no status bar mod)

Ideas?

Last edited:

el_charlie

Jan 19, 2010
Maracaibo
Seems like quite a number of users having problems with the status bar mods. Do you guys wanna drop it?

I'm giving it a few days to fiddle with these builds and if still having issues then I'll revert.

Fwiw I don't have any issues with those mods.

Works fine for me,

But it was tricky to set it up. I guess, you can set the transparency as default on a next build so no user action required unless you want another set up (centered clock, differente colors, etc.)

Cheers!

Last edited:

temasek

Feb 2, 2010
Singapore
Works fine for me,

But it was tricky to set it up. I guess, you can set the transparency as default on a next build so no user action required unless you want another set up (centered clock, differente colors, etc.)

Cheers!

Setting it up is a one time thing. Subsequent flashing of new builds don't require setup again unless u wanna change it.

Personally I'm loving it.

Litderose

Jun 8, 2007
Paris
No, of course !

Edit: I have a suggestion.

Since I make 2 builds per device. A wild suggestion.

1. Continue with status bar mods for all builds

Or

2. ONLY build with PDroid support has the status bar mods. The non-pdroid build remains using only cm source (no status bar mod)

Ideas?

1 or 2. For me, it's the same :D

Maybe - if transparency is a real problem (but i don't think so !) - only keep the centered clock !

Works fine for me,

Cheers!
Agree with you, and if it is possible for Temasek, this can be a solution !

Top Liked Posts