[GUIDE] ROOT + OTA & KIES Updates + OFFICIAL Device Status (XXUGNF1) [GT-I9500/I9505]

Search This thread

DjeMBeY

Dec 23, 2011
London, UK
www.soundcloud.com
[GUIDE] ROOT + OTA & KIES Updates + OFFICIAL Device Status (XXUGNF1) [GT-I9500/I9505]

Hello everyone :)

I have found SOLUTION for ALL people who USED or want to USE a Chainfire's CF-AutoRoot for GT-I9500/I9505
This method will reset Device Status back to OFFICIAL and keep Full Root Access.

A little gift for everyone who like to listen to good tunes while flashing...
one my latest productions...
Download:
DjeMBeY - EuPhorY [Original MiX]

for more tunes, please check my signature..
Take it easy and keep it LOUD!!! ;
enjoY!!

==========

Latest news......

Please use TowelRoot for rooting your I9505 and keeping KNOX at 0x0!!

It's an APP, no need for PC/Laptop and it's One-Click-Root app!!

Tested on I9505XXUGNF1!!

enjoy!!

Works on both models and ALL Firmwares!!! - TESTED ;)

I DON'T take any responsibility for HUMAN ERRORS....
Follow the GUIDE and it WILL work, if NOT, it's because YOU are doing something wrong...

I - How to Root: GT-I9500/I9505​
Flashing instructions:
Use one of the Pre-Rooted Official ROM's and keep it clean from the beginning... or

1. Install KIES or USB drivers from here
2. Download and run Odin from here (v.3.04 is recomended)
3. Make sure that ONLY AutoReboot & F.Reset Time is ticked in Odin options
4. Download and extract CF-AutoRoot: CF-AR for GT-I9500 or CF-AR for GT-I9505
5. Load extracted file (.tar.MD5) as PDA in Odin.
6. Turn OFF your phone, Press&Hold POWER+HOME+VOL_DOWN buttons until phone boot into Download/Odin Mode
7. Connect phone to the computer and WAIT for the drivers to be installed. You will see blue or yellow indicator in left top corner of Odin, with phone connected to port: COM:x
8. Click START and wait until you see GREEN indicator [PASS], flashing is finished
9. Unplug the cable and WAIT, phone will reboot into recovery with RED ANDROID LOGO where root will be applied and Stock Recovery restored.
10. Test it please, go to APPS and look for SuperSU.apk, if it's NOT there, install it from PlayStore and enjoy!!

II - How to reset Binary Counter and Device Status back to OFFICIAL:​
Install and run Chainfire's TRIANGLE AWAY (I9505 ONLY, I9500 is NOT SUPPORTED YET)
NOTE: There is an option "System modified workaround", please tick this and restart your phone. Device Status should be back to OFFICIAL!! Use it with caution!!

Next few steps are ONLY for people who couldn't reset it with Triangle Away...
1. Reboot into Download Mode and check if Binary & System are OFFICIAL.
2. Only if the BINARY Status is still Custom, download and extract OFFICIAL STATUS MOD(.tar.md5): GT-I9500 or GT-I9505 - open in Odin as PDA (password: djembey2013)
3. Use Wanam Xposed and tick "Fake System Status" to get Official Device/System status

Your Device Status will be back to OFFICIAL and FULLY ROOTED, NO REBOOTS, TESTED!!! :)
Fully Working OTA and KIES updates!! :)
FIY: Root will be lost after OFFICIAL updates.

I've also managed successfully pre-root and rebuild OFFICIAL ROM for GT-I9505
It is fully working, no issues at all!! :)
For Download and more info please visit my thread in Development Section http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2250824

Junior members are not allowed to post in Development Section so please post ALL your questions and issues here :)

Enjoy!!

If you find my threads HELPFUL, please click THANKS or get me a coffee by clicking DONATE
It mean a LOT to me and it's always Appreciated!!!​

CREDITS
Chainfire
SamMobile
Samsung-Updates

Last edited:

DjeMBeY

Dec 23, 2011
London, UK
www.soundcloud.com
I'll test it out when i get home tonight :) i can't live without root so ill better flash it Strait out of the box which i will :) Thanks for the rom!

Every other person on XDA should have a nickname RootManiac :D
It's stable and Official. Only one thing is weird, if you try to set "write permissions" to the "system" in file manager, the phone won't let you do it and it'll reboot automatically... New SEAndroid feature... :(
Other than that, ALL OK, I'm using quite few apps with root access and all of them works fine, including restoring apps and data.. :)
enjoy and report any issues :)

Aerodeath

Jun 22, 2008
Sorry, but what does this do, does it root your device?
If you do this you don't have to do CF-Auto-Root?

Or, just when necessary, revert back to stock ROM?

And can someone explain to me what's Odin? I came from One XL.

After doing this, you still have to use CF-Auto-Root right?
Because this isn't permanent is it? Meaning you can't flash other ROMs etc unless you do CF Auto-Root?

Last edited:

DjeMBeY

Dec 23, 2011
London, UK
www.soundcloud.com
Sorry, but what does this do, does it root your device?
If you do this you don't have to do CF-Auto-Root?

Or, just when necessary, revert back to stock ROM?

And can someone explain to me what's Odin? I came from One XL.

After doing this, you still have to use CF-Auto-Root right?
Because this isn't permanent is it? Meaning you can't flash other ROMs etc unless you do CF Auto-Root?

Read a little bit and then come back ;)

Sent from my GT-I9505

topcat07

Mar 30, 2013
LATEST NEWS!!!!!!
FULLY ROOTED XXUAMDM with CF-AutoRoot!!! (CREDIT TO CHAINFIRE)
FULL ACCESS TO SYSTEM
SYSTEM STATUS - CUSTOM!!!
NO REBOOTS
STABLE AS ROCK
NO ERRORS (sometimes Warning message pop up, but it doesn't block anything)
FULLY WORKING!!!

NO CSC included, in some cases APN settings need to be re-set manually

UPLOADING!!!

Hi

Just wondering will it work on i9505 xuamdf?

Sent from my XT890 using xda app-developers app

CuetoArche

Jul 5, 2012
Hi, thanks for this, but I've seen that you just posted German and UK versions, I'm from Spain, I could use for example the UK Rom?

Thanks!

EDIT: Solved XD I now understand that I just need to change the CSC to my region... With the app you said, or by using the Command: *#272*IMEI# so that you can do it manually from the phone without the need of the up, I tried it now and works perfectly thanks again! (You could put the info of the command in your first post, someone might want to know it!)

Last edited:
Reactions: ktmman

btemtd

Aug 8, 2012
Thanks but cf root worked fine for my unbranded i9505. For those who dont want to re do rom cf is fine

Sent from my GT-I9505 using xda app-developers app

pitapart

Aug 30, 2006
hU Djembey, YOUR MOD worked to root my UAMDM fRENCH Galaxy S4 , but I have a annoying message :" please reboot your device, ... non autorised application detected...."

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Hello everyone :)

I have found SOLUTION for ALL people who USED or want to USE a Chainfire's CF-AutoRoot for GT-I9500/I9505
    This method will reset Device Status back to OFFICIAL and keep Full Root Access.

A little gift for everyone who like to listen to good tunes while flashing...
    one my latest productions...
    Download:
    DjeMBeY - EuPhorY [Original MiX]

for more tunes, please check my signature..
    Take it easy and keep it LOUD!!! ;
    enjoY!!

==========

Latest news......

Please use TowelRoot for rooting your I9505 and keeping KNOX at 0x0!!

It's an APP, no need for PC/Laptop and it's One-Click-Root app!!

Tested on I9505XXUGNF1!!

enjoy!!

Works on both models and ALL Firmwares!!! - TESTED ;)

I DON'T take any responsibility for HUMAN ERRORS....
    Follow the GUIDE and it WILL work, if NOT, it's because YOU are doing something wrong...

I - How to Root: GT-I9500/I9505​
    Flashing instructions:
    Use one of the Pre-Rooted Official ROM's and keep it clean from the beginning... or

1. Install KIES or USB drivers from here
    2. Download and run Odin from here (v.3.04 is recomended)
    3. Make sure that ONLY AutoReboot & F.Reset Time is ticked in Odin options
    4. Download and extract CF-AutoRoot: CF-AR for GT-I9500 or CF-AR for GT-I9505
    5. Load extracted file (.tar.MD5) as PDA in Odin.
    6. Turn OFF your phone, Press&Hold POWER+HOME+VOL_DOWN buttons until phone boot into Download/Odin Mode
    7. Connect phone to the computer and WAIT for the drivers to be installed. You will see blue or yellow indicator in left top corner of Odin, with phone connected to port: COM:x
    8. Click START and wait until you see GREEN indicator [PASS], flashing is finished
    9. Unplug the cable and WAIT, phone will reboot into recovery with RED ANDROID LOGO where root will be applied and Stock Recovery restored.
    10. Test it please, go to APPS and look for SuperSU.apk, if it's NOT there, install it from PlayStore and enjoy!!

II - How to reset Binary Counter and Device Status back to OFFICIAL:​
    Install and run Chainfire's TRIANGLE AWAY (I9505 ONLY, I9500 is NOT SUPPORTED YET)
    NOTE: There is an option "System modified workaround", please tick this and restart your phone. Device Status should be back to OFFICIAL!! Use it with caution!!

Next few steps are ONLY for people who couldn't reset it with Triangle Away...
    1. Reboot into Download Mode and check if Binary & System are OFFICIAL.
    2. Only if the BINARY Status is still Custom, download and extract OFFICIAL STATUS MOD(.tar.md5): GT-I9500 or GT-I9505 - open in Odin as PDA (password: djembey2013)
    3. Use Wanam Xposed and tick "Fake System Status" to get Official Device/System status

Your Device Status will be back to OFFICIAL and FULLY ROOTED, NO REBOOTS, TESTED!!! :)
    Fully Working OTA and KIES updates!! :)
    FIY: Root will be lost after OFFICIAL updates.

I've also managed successfully pre-root and rebuild OFFICIAL ROM for GT-I9505
    It is fully working, no issues at all!! :)
    For Download and more info please visit my thread in Development Section http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2250824

Junior members are not allowed to post in Development Section so please post ALL your questions and issues here :)

Enjoy!!

If you find my threads HELPFUL, please click THANKS or get me a coffee by clicking DONATE
    It mean a LOT to me and it's always Appreciated!!!​

CREDITS
    Chainfire
    SamMobile
    Samsung-Updates
    Hit the THANKS button and you are ALL Welcome.
    Enjoy ;)

Sent from my GT-I9505
    hU Djembey, YOUR MOD worked to root my UAMDM fRENCH Galaxy S4 , but I have a annoying message :" please reboot your device, ... non autorised application detected...."

why are you people don't READ????

How to disable ANNOYING messages "DETECTION Information:
    Use any Root Explorer, go to /data/data/com.sec.knox.seandroid and rename it to 000.com.sec.knox.seandroid or whathever you wish.. Same thing applies to com.sec.knox.store
    After that, go to /system/app/ and DELETE: KNOXAgent.apk, KNOXAgent.odex, KNOXStore.apk, KNOXStore.odex.

updated:
    After few hours of testing (MDN), there was NO messages at all!!

!!!SOLVED!!!
    So it's a complete stock rom? That's awesome! But i've gotta wait for others to risk their phones before I take the plunge myself...
    There's NO RISK!!! FULLY TESTED on my GT-I9505! :D
    It's as Official as it can be!! :)
    enjoy! :)
    OP updated,
    Modified version is online,
    HD VOICE enabled, latest modem added (XXUAMDM), MultiCSC,
    FULLY TESTED
    enjoy! :)