[ROM][Pre-Pre-ALPHA] Droid A855 ICS Build Attempt

Search This thread

PsYCoNUTS

Dec 28, 2011
Oklahoma City
maps, geniewidget, and voice search...i probably could've just done maps and voice search but i decided to play it safe

---------- Post added at 11:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:37 PM ----------

if youre comfortable in recovery then id suggest using rzrecovery, it adds a bunch of extra features like charging in recovery, recovery overclocking, a much better option of wiping between roms (wipe all which wipes /system, /cache, and /data), and a few other things, i've never had problems with backups on it

just flash it like a rom but dont wipe anything
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/ra...-based-update-zips-battery-charging-more.html

edit, the only thing is you cant flash anything with rom manager, you have to do it manually but, inmo, its worth it

Thanks I'll definitely check that out. I switch to test this rom out. Then I switch back and have to redo all my settings. I hope this helps thanks again.

Thanks got it to work and switched back. Market works just fine after clear data a reboot and radio options. Messed around calender. I love the new calendar. Installed voice search & google voice. Works fine but no voice on keyboard. I'll play around with some other stuff tomorrow.

Sent from my DROID using XDA App

Last edited:

kfazz

Jun 24, 2010
Howdy folks. I would like to help here in my limited capacity. I have tried the 01/05 build with the 20111216b gapps and have yet to get market to show, even when I do not allow locations services and then reboot. I cannot find it anywhere in my apps to clear the market's data/cache. And just so you know, my install method has been to manually place the two files on my sdcard, then use rom manager to 'install rom from sdcard'. After I initiate that command, I select wipe data/cache, backup current rom, wipe dalvik cache.

On another note I just thought I'd point out something. There is no such thing (IMHO) as a "GB" kernel (as far as I know, the kernel is seperate from the OS and loads seperately and at a lower level than the OS) as it is still 2.6.32.9, the same as Froyo, Eclair used 2.6.29.x. Now the Samsung i515 running ICS is reporting a kernel version of 3.x.x.x. if I am not mistaken, but now I am getting off track.

Back on track, the kernel in this build is still 2.6.32.9 and as metalspring pointed out the twilan.ko file needs to match. But maybe the libaudio*.so files as well? When I went to a GB rom on my A855, we used the Froyo libaudio.so and libaudiopolicy.so files to restore the BT audio. Maybe to restore call audio for this rom, the same might make it work?

Just trying to help. . . .
tiwlan.ko is built outside teh kernel tree. you are right there is no such thing as a "gb" kernel, but there is such a thing as a gb boot.img. taht's what i was referring to. that gapps is broken, packagemanager warns that vending.apk is corrupt. i am using froyo libaudio, and a stubbed audiopolicy. audio issues are due to ics changes in teh way libaudio is accessed.

i hope kfazz doesnt mind this but i edited his latest gapps since so many were having problems with it, all i did was remove a few apps from the system folder...i know at least one person said it worked when the original didnt...here is the link

btw i'll remove it if you want, kfazz

also to anyone that wants to take out apps they dont use themselves just take the original gapps and use something like winrar in windows to remove the apk without extracting anything
thanks, i haven't had a chance to do this, i've been busy hacing on gl library stack. got teh TI sdk verison going, but teh framerate is really slow.

metalspring

Nov 5, 2011
thanks, i haven't had a chance to do this, i've been busy hacing on gl library stack. got teh TI sdk verison going, but teh framerate is really slow.

i doubt it but would something like this in the build.prop work to force a higher framerate?

windowsmgr.max_events_per_sec=200

DroidAddict101

Feb 28, 2011
Hey guys I was trying to edit the radiooptions lines into vold.fstab using root explorer and it wouldn't save for some reason. What should I use to edit that?

Thanks in advance

Izaacbrook

Dec 20, 2011
Droid ICS ROM Music

Sorry, but my music player doesn"t seem to recognize any of the music I have stored on my SD Card. Anyone else having this problem?

OG Motorola Droid
Rooted w/ ICS ROM

Lemonslike

Jan 2, 2012
Sorry, not totally sure how to do that. Could I get some help?

---------- Post added at 08:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:56 PM ----------

Nevermind, I fixed it. Thank you.
I was talking about in your recovery. Where you flash the rom. And good! No problem.

Sent from my CushZero using XDA App

kfazz

Jun 24, 2010
PVR lib versions
droid stock pvr stack:
1.4 build 1.5.15.2592

Milestone: (not the same as droid libs, kernel mods are different too)
1.4 build 1.5.15.2592

TI sdk 3.01.00.03: (build, loads on droid, runs at 1fps)
1.4 build 1.5.15.2766

TI sdk 4.0x.xx.xx (builds, loads on droid, runs at 1fps) (unsure of exact version)
as found by git clone --branch ti_sgx_sdk-ddk_1.7 git://gitorious.org/rowboat/hardware-ti-sgx.git TI_Android_SGX_SDK
1.4 build 1.7.17.4352

sdk version 1.8, when it is released, should contain an ics graphics stack.
1.8 is the version that google's ics kernel sources refer to.

Last edited:

Antrax57

Jan 6, 2012
NCG
ICS

Hey kfazz do u will continue working on the ics rom,because is almost perfect,but don't work the cam and 2 more things for now is good your work sr.

metalspring

Nov 5, 2011
Hey kfazz do u will continue working on the ics rom,because is almost perfect,but don't work the cam and 2 more things for now is good your work sr.

im sure it still has a lot more stuff that needs worked on that you dont normally see...like hardware acceleration, some graphical things (just try a graphics benchmark app like neocore or something and you'll see right away), bluetooth, and probably adding in more cyanogenmod 9 things (like long press back to kill an app that was just added)...be patient and im sure kfazz will keep working on it until at least everything is working for the most part...then maybe other developers like the ones that made liquid rom, steeldroid, etc. will take it and add their own twists

devo4040

Jan 11, 2012
I have tried reading through and it seems others have had this issue but I can't seem to find a fix for it. I got everything flashed and running including the gapps, but my market does not show up. I've tried searching around and found nothing so I am hoping one of you fine gentlemen on this board can point me in the right direction. Thanks.

cowsquad

Aug 31, 2009
Portland, Oregon
OnePlus 9 Pro
I have tried reading through and it seems others have had this issue but I can't seem to find a fix for it. I got everything flashed and running including the gapps, but my market does not show up. I've tried searching around and found nothing so I am hoping one of you fine gentlemen on this board can point me in the right direction. Thanks.

Well I suggest you to delete some apk from the gapps zip, for example, I deleted dsp manager and torch.apk then tried to flash it again. Let me know how it goes

sent from my Droid ICS using tapatalk

Dec 28, 2011
considering phone calling doesnt work, no lol...camera doesnt work either but thats not a huge deal...however if you dont need to make calls or take pictures then it works pretty well

Does Google Voice work or is it the voice out that isn't working? I wouldn't mind using Google Voice instead of the native phone function if it works.

Sent from my GT-P1010 using Tapatalk

alienbiker99

Jun 29, 2010
kfazz, it seems like we are waiting on ti to release its omap3 sources... i've been following the CM9 development on the nook color and the DSP is not working for the same reasons as well.

HLSilver

Jan 9, 2012
Managed to flash the ROM and get it booted, however the orientation is a little...strange...for whatever reason when the slide is open it tends to use portrait, then when closed it goes into landscape. Turning auto-rotate off seems to have fixed it for the moment.

Last edited:

Lemonslike

Jan 2, 2012
Managed to flash the ROM and get it booted, however the orientation is a little...strange...for whatever reason when the slide is open it tends to use portrait, then when closed it goes into landscape. Turning auto-rotate off seems to have fixed it for the moment.
That's odd, my orientation worked perfectly.

HLSilver

Jan 9, 2012
That's odd, my orientation worked perfectly.

I mean it's all over the place. Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't. If I open it and close it, it will switch to portrait for a few seconds but then switches back.

This in addition to not having the market after flashing GApps. Going to try deleting some of the APKs in a second.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    new build: http://www.mediafire.com/file/guo6leourklgzgq/cm-9-20120703-UNOFFICIAL-sholes.zip
    gapps: http://www.mediafire.com/?ax46kp0yrl85ynn

changes:
    hexed defy camera libs
    HD profile 854x480 green lines in gallery, plays fine on pc
    SD profile 640x480, plays fine via gallery
    * camera saving null jpegs fixed
    * camcorder working
    * enabled TLS register user in kernel and userspace
    * enabled 1% battery charge display
    * lid switch reporting fixed again (haha)
    * updated wifi drivers and firmware
    * usb storage and adb work
    * probably something i forgot ;)
    compiled kernel with gcc4.5, userland with linaro gcc 4.7 and -O3

still broken:
    camera flash
    gps (it was working before. RDS_SOCKET permission issue??)
    speakerphone and bluetooth mic routing
    HW decode
    native tethering

if you like my works, feel free to buy me a beer
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/sndcftxoq9g51gd/cm-9-20120712-UNOFFICIAL-sholes.zip
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/uuhjaczqiqudqll/deprimed_160mhz.zip
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/um9adenv025ip5d/deprimed_180mhz.zip
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/k7agmab0uvuf274/deprimed_200mhz.zip

build default is core @ 180 (sgx @ 120)

3 kernels:
    core 160 hi 80 low sgx 107/53 ~ stockish speeds
    core 180 hi 90 low sgx 120/60 ~ moderate performance increase, good batt life
    core 200 hi 90 low sgx 133/60 ~ "battery waster" :D fast! definitely wont work on all phones. it works on my droid built 9/11/2010, but the other one built 7/19/2011 doesn't.

other changes:
    touchscreen? idr if that was in 7/3 build
    camera stuff
    sw dec
    added a few missing bluetooth files
    not really much else
    overclock breaks camera, backported milestone mt9p012, hp3a, and isp drivers
    this fixed camera and camcorder with sgx overclock, and i'm getting higher fps while recording
    was 15 , now 20 to 24.
    isp now uses an additional 6mb of ram, but i think it's a good tradeoff.
    true 720p recording may be possible now ;)

Edit: still freezes... hmm.

Edit:
    odexed build is still unstable, it locks up occasionally when the phone goes to sleep, and usually doesn't come back.
    no errors in logs, nothing i can check looks out of the ordinary, happens with and without gapps, completely mystifying.
    today i ws able to hack in the defy qtouch-obp-ts drivers and enable 5 point multitouch
    the new drivers came with new firmware. previously ver 19, new ver 22.
    this actually got flashed to the touchscreen controller, it's a one way process, unless someone can dump v19 from their phone.. but
    the new ver is compatible with old kernels too, so i don't think it's a big deal.
    i also modified the way the driver reports touch events based on moto stingray qtouch driver
    this is compatible with ics and jb without hacks.

ics progress: testing an odexed build. it's 20mb larger, but uses 20mb less ram and it's fast! now half of system/app lives on /data
    jb: boots. touchscreen is ... weird. no radio audio sensors lights anything really.
    figured it out:) well maybe i don't quite understand it, but it works :D
    problem was in sram34x.S
    apparently newer kernels don't modify sdram AC timings because sram code can't guarantee no one is using sram when the clock change occurs, which causes random crashes, or in our case, no boot.
    i've also rebased my kernel on deprimed and so far all is good.
    still need to test battery life, it's probaly worse, but better than previously posted builds
    screen off: ram @ 80Mhz sgx at 53Mhz
    screen on: ram @ 200Mhz sgx @ 133Mhz
    Edit2 warning was caused by dsp opp2 not being able to be set
    dropped dsp opp2 to 160.