Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

pewpewbangbang

Feb 13, 2010
Ann Arbor & NYC
I completely disagree.

The sensation didnt seem as far behind the S2 initially, but it proved to be so later on. Its just the same here.

The Exynos quad is NOTHING like the T3, its in a different league frankly. Tegra is and always was a dog. The S3 is very future proofed in that regard, if both the HOX and the S3 get jelly bean the S3 will pull even further away. T3 devices are worse than Exynos duals let alone the quad, ignore the benchmarks they dont tell the real life story. As ive said before memory bandwidth is crippling the T3.

And how are you coming to these conclusions?

Trust me, I don't like Tegra 3 but I'd still say it's better than Exynos dual. And how is Exynos Quad so out of the ordinary?

Both are powergated, running cortex-A9, die shrinked with Exynos die shrinked even more. Biggest difference would be GPU but neither will lag on any games.

rovex

Nov 13, 2008
As i said its all in the memory controller. The T3 and the T2 have low bandwidth. The quad exynos has dual channel based on A15 tech, the T3 has single channel A9 tech.

You say the T3 beats the dual Exynos, but only in synthetic benchmarks, and not by that much frankly. Per core its much slower, and its limited memory speed shows sometimes. Ive seen the transformer Prime and the HOX lag in places the Note doesnt, and they all have 720P screens so you cant use that as an excuse.

pewpewbangbang

Feb 13, 2010
Ann Arbor & NYC
As i said its all in the memory controller. The T3 and the T2 have low bandwidth. The quad exynos has dual channel based on A15 tech, the T3 has single channel A9 tech.

You say the T3 beats the dual Exynos, but only in synthetic benchmarks, and not by that much frankly. Per core its much slower, and its limited memory speed shows sometimes. Ive seen the transformer Prime and the HOX lag in places the Note doesnt, and they all have 720P screens so you cant use that as an excuse.

Why would I try to make an excuse? lol I'm a fan of Krait this year over all of them.......but where in real life is the memory controller bottlenecking and lagging it?

Last edited:

rovex

Nov 13, 2008
Why would I try to make an excuse? lol I'm a fan of Krait this year over all of them.......but where in real life is the memory controller bottlenecking and lagging it?

Its hurting any multi-threaded operation. You basically have 4 cores trying to push data down a bus thats only fast enough for 2. Its fine for gingerbread or even ICS for the most part, but it wont be for jellybean.

Krait is only a hybrid A9/A15 not a full A15, it wont have much over the quad Exynos in real terms and in some situations will lose out.

pewpewbangbang

Feb 13, 2010
Ann Arbor & NYC
Its hurting any multi-threaded operation. You basically have 4 cores trying to push data down a bus thats only fast enough for 2. Its fine for gingerbread or even ICS for the most part, but it wont be for jellybean.

Krait is only a hybrid A9/A15 not a full A15, it wont have much over the quad Exynos in real terms and in some situations will lose out.

Can't say I've experienced any bottleneck issues, as I said.....only 2 cores are active for nearly everything and the case will be the same for Exynos Quad.

In real world usage, Krait is still the best IMO. The performance is on par and better when only using 2 cores while also using less energy and increasing battery.

rovex

Nov 13, 2008
This is exactly why T3 is adequate for ICS, but will struggle with JB. The S3 is designed to be able to multithread in a way that will bring a T3 device to a crawl.

pewpewbangbang

Feb 13, 2010
Ann Arbor & NYC
This is exactly why T3 is adequate for ICS, but will struggle with JB. The S3 is designed to be able to multithread in a way that will bring a T3 device to a crawl.

eh i'll probably be switching phones in a few months anyways, and getting the next Nexus again possibly also.

Jellybean gonna take a while to get over to One X and SGS3 anyway as usual.

Gene_Bailey

Sep 10, 2010
Temple
eh i'll probably be switching phones in a few months anyways, and getting the next Nexus again possibly also.

Jellybean gonna take a while to get over to One X and SGS3 anyway as usual.

Actually one of the things I'm excited for in the next nexus is this rumor od a whole bunch of Nexii devices being launched simultaneously. They say that competition will foster innovation right (unless your Apple :p)?

I'm curious as to which SoC's different manufacturers will choose. I'm hoping Samsung will go with that dual core A15 chip we saw a while back. What hardware features would five different manufacturers use to differentiate themselves if the software they ran was exactly the same? Lol I'm very excited for such a thing.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: Fatelord

BarryH_GEG

Jan 16, 2009
Spokane, Washington
No. Didn't you watch the video I linked?

Honestly, I didn't before I commented. But I just did. That's not really a test. Neither the browser displaying something light like a Google search with no flash or java, or the PlayStore, which is also a very light app cause a problem on the One X either. Neither app uses enough memory when running to trigger a kill in memory manager. I'd like to see that again with a game in mid-play, CoPilot, YouTube in the middle of playing a 720P+ video, and/or the browser displaying an intensive site like the WSJ. The One X browser refreshes to the last page displayed whether it's recalled from memory or launched fresh which is both stupid and annoying. Otherwise I'd create a similar video. I have no idea what greyhulk did in his testing of the SGS3 to reach his conclusions but, to me, that video isn't a true test of the SGS3's multitasking capabilities. That’ll happen when it’s in people’s hands. Sorry for not viewing the video before posting my original comment. My bad.

Trust me, I don't like Tegra 3 but I'd still say it's better than Exynos dual. And how is Exynos Quad so out of the ordinary?

I agree. My ranking of the SoCs/GPUs is as follows:

CPU - Exynos Quad, S4, Teg3
GPU - Mali400+, GeForce, Adreno
Battery Life - S4, Exynos Quad/Teg3 (Tie)

But in anything but benchmarks who cares? The OS and Apps can't use all the power available and the biggest perceivable difference is going to come down to how each manufacturer optimizes the s/w for the h/w. Samsung wins that contest but with all the compensating power available from the chips it's not going to be nearly as noticeable in everyday use as it would have been in a Sensation<>i1900 comparison.

I see nothing in the Android world thats going to top the S3.

Sigh. Are you going to run around coffee shops waving your phone at strangers saying "all bow to the king of Android?" To someone who dislikes either the design of the SGS3, SAMOLED, or TW, in their mind, the SGS3 could never be "top phone." Since anything other than benchmarks are subjective neither you nor they would be right or wrong.

Every time either the M-B E65 AMG, Audi RS6, or BMW 5 M get revised all the car magazines worldwide do a king of the hill road test. There's a technical and subjective review. Typically the BMW wins when heavier weighting is applied to the technical results. Should owners of the Audi and M-B immediately go to a BMW dealer and trade their cars in in shame? Aren’t all three pinnacles of the auto industry? Wouldn't you be happy to own any of the three? Since I have to live with the phone and use it every day, I'll decide which of the two is "top" and after doing so won't really care what others think as I'm not buying the phone to try and impress them.

For me the S2 is still top until May 30th when the S3 comes out. The S2 is a better, more complete device than the One X.

You should contact the online media. They must have overlooked quite a bit in their testing of the One X. Especially GSMArena who had the nerve to do a comparison test of the One X against the SGS3 and find them both remarkably comparable. Clearly, based on your unbiased opinion, that test should have been against the much more comparable SGS2.

I came from i9100 that I had for eleven months. I assure you the One X isn't "comparable." It's a major improvement in every functional area.

randombirt

Oct 22, 2011
nope.
just look at which users jump at another's sub-forum and bash?
forgive me but at what point did i do any bashing?
is it the sgs3 users/fanboys/etc etc going to the hox forums or the other way around?
Dude i'm here for the same reasons as others, i'm getting myself an sgs3!
we all here have been on defensive mode ever since the "sgs3 is ugly" days.
and some of us knew that this unit may look ugly in pics but will look good in person as people who have already have this unit has said for themselves that it does look better in person.
thats great that it looks better in person because to me it just looks like another samsung, although i'm not sure i've mentioned this in my previous posts. Even so it doesn't put me off.
btw, you didn't understand the "hox sucks at multi-tasking" because a supposedly easy task that can be multi-tasked ; the hox was having trouble and i'm not talking about that game with pop-up play at the same time.just search for yourself which multi-task was that that your hox "sucked at multi-tasking".
:D
What I understand is that you clearly stated that pop up play over shadowgun was a more intense form of multitasking than the simple form that one x failed at. I pointed out that one x can perform that "intense" form and you brushed it aside and stated that one x sucked...
by the way "HTC will not solve One X’s multitasking “issue”, regards it as a feature and not a glitch"
http://www.androidauthority.com/htc-one-x-multitasking-problem-apps-killed-off-86498/
There you go, your HTC calls NOT BEING ABLE TO MULTI-TASK as a feature.
just with that alone not only do they suck but became a laughing stock.
:D:D:D
I think what they're trying to say is that it was intended to be that way. Now it doesn't really affect me but i can see why some aren't happy. Yes this is an issue but really... I can see it pleases you immensely ... Is it all that? Most users didn't notice! Check out when it first appeared on the forum!
as one xda-forumer said:
Multitasking is a joke on the One X!:D
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1646409

@current/future sgs3 owners, what a sigh of relief our sgs3 is capable of multi-tasking right?it would have been a bash-fest here had our sgs3 HAD A FEATURE OF NOT BEING ABLE TO MULTI-TASK TOO. :D
bash
@hox owners, too bad the day you were waiting for to bash did not come because the sgs3 can multi-task.
bash
@gsmarena, you should add to hox's list of features :
- MicroSIM card support only
- Beats Audio
- Active noise cancellation with dedicated mic
- TV-out (via MHL A/V link)
- SNS integration
- MP4/H.263/H.264/WMV player
- blah blah blah then
- NO MULTI-TASKING :D
[/QUOTE]
Bash
Dude you better go sort out that boner you've given yourself :D

fuzzifikation

Dec 17, 2009
http://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_s_iii_vs_htc_one_x-review-759.php

gsmarena_002.jpg

gsmarena_003.jpg

I'd like to say something about this test. I realize that this has been published a while ago and my comment might be quite late. But what I have to say, I feel to be important.

Here you can find the details on how GSMArena conducts the test. The main issue I have with it is: They set the screen brightness to 50%. On all phones.

Here's the problem: Phones have different brightness. Anandtech shows that the One X has a 66% brighter screen than the S2 and over 100% brighter Screen than the Nexus.
46085.png

There is no word about screen brightness of the S3, but I assume it to be very close to the Nexus (as it is almost the same screen). But that's a guess.

So, on all reality, you have to say that GSMArena would test the One X with a very bright screen versus a very lowly lit screen - and surprise! The lowly lit screen (the S3) wins.

So.. that test is crap.

BarryH_GEG

Jan 16, 2009
Spokane, Washington

Android isn't optimized for specific processors. There isn't Exynos multi-threading, only multi-threading. As the OS and apps are moved forward, multi-threading support will be available to any SoC that's capable of processing it. That includes Exynos Dual and Quad, S4, and Teg3.

You really need to understand the underpinnings of Android and its limitations.

"The real important difference between these two screens is just that the Galaxy Nexus has 2.4x as many pixels that need to be drawn as the S2. This means that to achieve the same efficiency at drawing the screen, you need a CPU that can run a single core at 2.4x the speed (and rendering a UI for a single app is essentially not parallelizable, so multiple cores isn't going to save you)."

https://plus.google.com/10505198573...8x93s#105051985738280261832/posts/2FXDCz8x93s

---------- Post added at 11:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:23 AM ----------

So.. that test is crap.

I disagree. For any test you have to establish a baseline and 50% is as good as any. Some people have their displays set at 10% all the time to conserve battery so for them 50% is exaggerated. Others set their display much brighter and don't care about the impact. Comparing an LCD to AMOLED display is always a stretch anyway because, as GSMArenea's tests show, AMOLED's fantastic on dark colors (video) and not so much on lighter colors (web browsing). So based on the overall score, a SGS3 user that spends tons of time web browsing and no time watching video will get far poorer results. 3G talk time should be accurate because the display's off during the test. I get what you're saying but at least GSMArena's test is standardized and consistently applied so there’s some relevance.

rovex

Nov 13, 2008
Android isn't optimized for specific processors. There isn't Exynos multi-threading, only multi-threading. As the OS and apps are moved forward, multi-threading support will be available to any SoC that's capable of processing it. That includes Exynos Dual and Quad, S4, and Teg3.

You really need to understand the underpinnings of Android and its limitations.

"The real important difference between these two screens is just that the Galaxy Nexus has 2.4x as many pixels that need to be drawn as the S2. This means that to achieve the same efficiency at drawing the screen, you need a CPU that can run a single core at 2.4x the speed (and rendering a UI for a single app is essentially not parallelizable, so multiple cores isn't going to save you)."
Yes but the problem is the T3 is bad at multithreading because of its slow cache and poor memory bandwidth. The more multithreaded an app is the worse it will perform relative to the Exynos and it already loses with single threading. I realise its not a good test, but my S2 already outscores a One X in Quadrant and matches the One S.

The krait wont have that problem, but will still lose under heavy multithreading, Samsung has optimized the S3 kernel for its quad.. just wait and see.

sinfiery

Mar 23, 2010
http://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_s_iii_vs_htc_one_x-review-759.php

HTC EVO 4G LTE over Samsung Galaxy S III

Impressive polycarbonate body
Brighter IPS LCD2 screen with a full set of subpixels
Beats Audio
Already on the market
Likely a bit cheaper
Kickstand
Dedicated Camera Button

Samsung Galaxy S III over HTC One X

Bigger screen - 4.8" over 4.7"
Higher display contrast and better sunlight legibility
More storage options - 16/32/64GB
S Voice natural language commands and dictation
S Beam for easy and fast file transfers
User-accessible 2100mAh battery over non-removable 2000mAh battery
1.9MP front-facing camera with Smart Stay

gsmarena_002.jpg
gsmarena_002.jpg

Adjusted for EVO 4G LTE (Sprint customers)

Also, we're on XDA
Software is only so important

nebsif

Feb 22, 2012
Why so many people complain about GS3 design, and not a word about EVO?

EVO is the ugliest phone Ive ever seen, like a breed of iPhone 3, 4 and One X.. Its like an abomination from WoW patched up together using lots of random parts.
The mate metalic+red+glossy plastic back with that iPhone4'ish metal frame on the sides and the square top on the front.. ugh.

Only gripe with GS3 design is the hyperglaze, if they'd do it one X mate plastic that'd be great.

Reactions: xath23

BarryH_GEG

Jan 16, 2009
Spokane, Washington
poor memory bandwidth.

There is no app available or that will be available that will tax the current high end CPU's. Android’s Achilles heel is graphics processing. What most people perceive as "performance," isn't. They're mistaking fluidity for horsepower and they're totally unrelated. If you read the article I linked, the limitations of Android in graphics rendering can't be overcome by multi-threading.

But in calling out memory bandwidth, you're correct. It and not the power of the SoC is what impacts graphics rendering and fluidity. I haven't dived in to the details of the upgraded Mali but I assume it's probably got more memory b/w than Teg3 and S4, but not by a large margin. Mali, Adreno, and GeForce aren't major leaps over their predecessors and in the case of Mail and Adreno their improved performance (bandwidth) is mostly a by-product of the smaller die size. Regardless, the h/w is now so far ahead of the s/w you wouldn't notice the difference between them in anything but benchmarks. And if ICS is at 6% after six months, and JB launches in the fall, the SGS4 and Two X will be out before there is any quantity of apps that would come close to pushing the upper limits of the h/w being released now.

Just out of curiosity, what challenges does everyone perceive the SGS3 or One X facing that all of the performance benefits being discussed are going to address? Devices with 5" screens are only practical at doing certain things that demand a lot of raw processing power. How much faster than 60FPS is going to be noticeable in video playback? How much more detail matters or would even be detectable in a game on such a small display? And with people buying tablets, phones are becoming less significant as consumption devices anyway. For the 70% of what people do on a smartphone (which is mostly productivity apps) the power available today is totally wasted. We're not approaching the law of diminishing returns, we've past it. Using another car analogy, both the SGS3 and One X are like owning a M5 and E65 and living in Manhattan. What good does a 4 second zero to sixty time do when you never go over 30 miles an hour?

There are two conversations going on here. One’s pretty interesting and that’s the discussion of two new next-gen high-end phones. The other is baseless “my phone can beat up your phone” debate which is stupid because no one participating in the debate has even used a SGS3 yet and any opinion is second-hand. The way I'll decide on which of the two to keep will based on some of the more subjective things like the display, value adds, and appearance and how well the winner does at doing the stuff I do every day. Not on which gets from zero to sixty the fastest.

---------- Post added at 01:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:39 PM ----------

EVO is the ugliest phone Ive ever seen.

Totally agree. No on comments because it's a one-off phone only available on a second-tier U.S. CDMA carrier. If it was a globally available phone, believe me, people would comment.

Reactions: Mr_Twist and leezrd

alex9898

Mar 12, 2009
I'd like to say something about this test. I realize that this has been published a while ago and my comment might be quite late. But what I have to say, I feel to be important.

Here you can find the details on how GSMArena conducts the test. The main issue I have with it is: They set the screen brightness to 50%. On all phones.

Here's the problem: Phones have different brightness. Anandtech shows that the One X has a 66% brighter screen than the S2 and over 100% brighter Screen than the Nexus.
46085.png

There is no word about screen brightness of the S3, but I assume it to be very close to the Nexus (as it is almost the same screen). But that's a guess.

So, on all reality, you have to say that GSMArena would test the One X with a very bright screen versus a very lowly lit screen - and surprise! The lowly lit screen (the S3) wins.

So.. that test is crap.

According to GSMArena, at 50% brightness, SGS3 and One X are almost equal : 174cd/m² (SGS3) vs 200 cd/m² (One X). [SGS2 : 221 cd/m² & Gnexus : 112 cd/m²]

At full brightness, it's another story. GSMArena shows same idea that anandtech : One X is much brighter than AMOLED screens.
330 cd/m² (SGS3) vs 550 cd/m² (One X) vs 362 cd/m² (SGS2) vs 247 cd/m² (Gnexus).

So... that test is good.

Chicken Nugget(s)

Oct 28, 2010
London
I've been thinking about the 2 phones, in relation to how I use my current phone. The most important thing here would be battery for me. It's not that the One X doesn't have enough juice, it's that after 2 years, my current phone's battery is quite worn out, and it would be a lot easier to replace the battery in the GS3.

However, if it turns out that it's reasonably cheap to replace the battery at HTC, then who knows...

Lucasm93

Feb 28, 2011
They saying that Beats Audio and the kickstand are the advantages of the Evo over the SGS3 is the saddest thing I've ever read in GSMArena.
Right now, the SGS3 is seems to be the phone with less issues to me, but I'm waiting for the Xperia GX.
Phones and their problems in my opinion
- Xperia S - Old SoC, small sealed battery.
- HOX - Small sealed battery, camera, no sd cards, big.
- SGS3 - big
- Xperia GX - No international release date yet

I've got till mid August to decide, right before the next Nexus come out and I get sad that there are already new amazing phones. :D
But that's the Android world, never stoping.

I think that we may see an Android 4.1 being released in Google I/O.

SlimJ87D

Jan 16, 2008
They saying that Beats Audio and the kickstand are the advantages of the Evo over the SGS3 is the saddest thing I've ever read in GSMArena.
Right now, the SGS3 is seems to be the phone with less issues to me, but I'm waiting for the Xperia GX.
Phones and their problems in my opinion
- Xperia S - Old SoC, small sealed battery.
- HOX - Small sealed battery, camera, no sd cards, big.
- SGS3 - big
- Xperia GX - No international release date yet

I've got till mid August to decide, right before the next Nexus come out and I get sad that there are already new amazing phones. :D
But that's the Android world, never stoping.

I think that we may see an Android 4.1 being released in Google I/O.

Don't forget the multitasking issue. This is an issue. I've noticed that if I have some apps open and in the multitasking window they don't actually sync for some reason. Like google voice, if the app has been killed or put on hold, for some reason it doesn't sync anymore! It's a weird problem, and it happens with facebok too.

Reactions: Lucasm93
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Oh Barry is back. I thought you either disappeared or got banned :D

Banned? I piss people off some times but always try to do it in good taste. ;)

I was traveling for the past couple of weeks so haven't had time to keep up with the boards. Not much has changed. I did get to use a demo DoCoMo SGS3 for a couple of days while I was in Japan. It's spec'd similarly to the U.S. variants so I'd imagine it performs similarly too. It wasn't a production device but still seemed to perform well. After using it as a daily driver for two days this is why I’m keeping the One X:

- I like Sense better than TW4. Social integration, e-mail, MMS, the stock music player, and things like the productivity lock screen are some of the big pluses (to me). I also like the dark on light visuals after living in the black world of TW on the i9100 for eleven months.

- The stock music player is a good example of how thoroughly thought out Sense is. The imbedded tagging is the first I've experienced on a mobile device that gets albums with multiple artists right. It also updates songs and albums with high-res graphics automatically via Gracenote so my library looks spiffy. Sense even allows third party apps like Amazon MP3 to have their controls displayed on the lock screen via the stock app. To go directly to the music player when the device is locked all you need to do is drag it to unlock ring. It also streams via DLNA directly from the app and integrates remote songs with local content. FriendStream and the e-mail/MMS clients are equally well thought out.

- The radios (BT and cellular) on the One X are night and day compared to the S4 SGS3. To connect to multiple cars and networks I had to do nothing to get the One X to work. I had to fiddle with settings and APN's to get the SGS3 to work. It wouldn't connect via A2DP to a Nissan that the One X had no problem with. I've used the One X in about six countries now and whether roaming via my AT&T SIM or using a local one never had an issue registering on a foreign network. My old SGS2 never peformed nearly that well.

- Connecting the SGS3 to a PC to move files to it isn't nearly as fast and easy as HTC's approach to ditching MTP and providing a mass storage option. I didn't time it but moving music and video to the SGS3 seemed to take at least 1/3 to 1/2 more time than the One X.

- The SGS3 looks a lot better in person than I thought it would. The phone I was using though was the old pebble blue with the matching home button. I'm not a fan of the old pebble blue and I still like the design of the One X better. I must have big hands because I didn’t find either phone more or less comfortable to use.

- The browser on the SGS3 was faster but I'm not willing to give up text reflow for speed, especially on a HD display. The HTC browser also has a "read" button that's really cool. It strips out all but text and pictures and makes reading WSJ articles and the like that are long and very text heavy better and easier to read on a mobile device.

- In comparing the displays, I was fine with the SGS3's. PenTile didn't bother me and neither did the representation of blacks. The One X's display is brighter, clearer, and the colors are more natural. Had I not been using a One X I would have been ga ga over the SGS3's display

- S-Voice was hit or miss but it wasn't a killer feature for me anyway. Awake Stay was great when it worked but I wear reading glasses and that really threw it for a loop. Pop Up Play will be great on a tablet but it's a parlor trick on such a small display like the SGS3's. Direct Dial's pretty useless in anything but a text because you still have to manually select the number to call if a contact has multiples as most of mine do.

So, bottom line for me, s/w and design won out over h/w, performance, and benchmarks (I would have gotten Exynos). The only thing that I feel I'll be missing is better battery life and a removable battery. 32GB of storage is fine for me so the expandable storage wasn't ever a hot button. There you have it. ;)
    hi folks, due to the number of 'comparison threads getting out on control we've decided to merge them into one.For all comparisons.

All other threads will be deleted. please keep discussions of the SGS3 and One X here.

before you start please take the time to read and understand the following:

2. Member conduct.

2.1 Language: XDA is a worldwide community. As a result what is ‘ok’ to say in your part of the world may not be ok in someone else’s part of the world. Please think about who is reading what you write. Keep in mind that what you think of as acceptable use of language may not be acceptable to others. Conversely, while reading member posts, remember that word you find offensive may not be to the writer. Tolerance is a two way street.

2.2 Nudity: XDA is used by people of all ages, including minors. It's not acceptable to post nude/pornographic imagery, which includes exposure of the male or female genitalia or of female breasts.

2.3 Flaming: XDA was founded as a group of people sharing information about certain mobile phones. Sharing does not involve virtual yelling (flaming) it does involve working together to solve problems in an environment of mutual respect and understanding. Losing your temper and flaming another member, or group of members, is not acceptable behavior.

2.4 Personal attacks, racial, political and/or religious discussions: XDA is a discussion forum about certain mobile phones. Mobile phones are not racial, political, religious or personally offensive, therefore none of these types of discussions are permitted on XDA.

2.5 Courtesy towards other Members: Treat new members the way you would like to have been treated when you were a new member. When dealing with any member, provide them with guidance, advice and instruction when you can and always with respect and courtesy. Never post in a demanding, argumentative, disrespectful or self-righteous manner.

2.6 All members are expected to read and adhere to the XDA rules.

We've no issue with legitimate discussion but we won't tolerate flaming, trolling or abuse of any kind.

We will infract anyone who breaks the rules and this may result in bans

regards

Moderator team
    And thats all folks, it seems my last warnings to stay on topic and not keep trolling with nonsense have been ignored.

Thread closed, it was dead a long time ago, RIP.
    People like you make me lose faith in mankind. Where in my posts does it make me look like a fanboy. I've had the past 3 samsungs and loved them.

I said clearly in the post IMO capitalized the design is ugly. Obv everyone won't feel the same.

Im making valid scientific comparisons and based off me having had the galaxy nexus and galaxy s II as well as original galaxy s. I thought I hit all the right points. Samsung software and soc is better, HTC software sucks. Does that sound like a fanboy?

Take your ignorant bashing posts elsewhere.

Have you held and compare the one x with something like the galaxy nexus. Don't tell me the galaxy nexus feels more high quality because even though its great, plastic is plastic and doesnt feel as nice.

Sent from my HTC One X using XDA

I remember getting a similar answer from you in a different thread, it's just weird to see you being so active on a forum for a phone that you see as inferior, or at least not to your liking... I didn't mean to be a jerk back then but some of your phrasing really sounds like you are making yourself feel better over your purchase. For example: "exynos 4 is faster as well as gpu, but not a humongous difference, nothing noticeable both are more than fast enough for anything out" Why explain? it's faster period. Even the dual core of the S2 is more than enough for pretty much everything on the market so why do you have to downplay it by adding stuff like that?

Both phones are great and have their pros and cons we all know that but right now, the still unoptimized S3 which is not even yet released wins most if not all "hands on" reviews. So it is almost certainly the better phone. The screen is a matter of taste. I prefer AMOLED and I'm saying that as an intermediate photographer... I have my dedicated equipment for "natural" colours and such and I see no use for it on a phone and multimedia device. As far as multimedia goes it looks FAR better on an AMOLED screen for the blacks alone. Not to mention it has a far superior battery life when it comes to that.

HTC seems to aim at the hip, young and "cool" audience where as the galaxy series seems to aim more at the matured audience IMO. Beats audio by "Dr. Dre" and Sense as an indication for that... I can't stand the looks of sense and while TouchWiz will not win any beauty contest it still looks more grown up to me, especially those small changes they did in the app drawer etc.
    definitely HTC One X is my choice
    why?
    1. Software are both customizable, both doesnt matter
    2. Raw power, both have identical processing power
    3. housing, while sgs3 came with plastic material, onex came with polycarbonate (proven to be weather proof as we use it on canopies :D) htc one x is the winner
    4. Camera, Htc one x
    5. Design, htc have more rugged design :D

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda premium

1. One X isn't S-OFF, so this does matter. A lot.
    2. Raw power - Have you even seen benchmarks?
    3. Housing - Umm... the SGS3 is also polycarbonate... and you know what polycarbonate is? PLASTIC.
    4. Camera - In low light, yes the HOX will win, in good light, SGS3 was better.
    5. Design - questionable, and totally down to the individual.

Now let me add some points:
    Internal memory:
    SGS3 - 16, 32, 64 + Up to 64GB SGXC in exFAT + 50 GB dropbox
    HOX - 32GB (25GB usable) + 25? GB dropbox non expandable
    Battery:
    2100 removable vs 1800 non removable
    Audio:
    Wolfson DAC vs ****ty beats audio marketing ploy