[Q] Bootloader Unlock Allowed: No?

Search This thread

emroc

May 22, 2014
Hello all,

I haven't been able to find a straight answer in previous threads, so I thought I might ask for clarity.
It seems my Xperia SP has Bootloader Unlock Allowed set to No. The FAQs seem to suggest that this might be due to a SIM lock. My provider (Fido) offers SIM unlock that is covered under warranty for $50. Before I bite the bullet and pay for it, can anyone tell me if this will actually make a difference and allow me to unlock the bootloader?

Thanks.

thehritzinator

Mar 24, 2013
Toledo, Ohio
Hello all,

I haven't been able to find a straight answer in previous threads, so I thought I might ask for clarity.
It seems my Xperia SP has Bootloader Unlock Allowed set to No. The FAQs seem to suggest that this might be due to a SIM lock. My provider (Fido) offers SIM unlock that is covered under warranty for $50. Before I bite the bullet and pay for it, can anyone tell me if this will actually make a difference and allow me to unlock the bootloader?

Thanks.

It doesn't work all the time. Some phones have, but only a small portion. Mine is SIM unlocked, but I can't unlock BL. But, I'm with ya, I wish someone could figure out a way...I live in the US, but have a Fido SP, and they told me that they cannot unlock the BL. According to them, they do not lock any BLs for phones. But, obviously they do, since that's the only way it could be locked...

neXus PRIME

Nov 22, 2011
Lahore, Pakistan
Just like both of you, I have this "brown" device. Locked by Sony, for unknown reasons.
Brown device are vendor locked devices.
Cursed I say.

Sent from my C5303 using XDA Free mobile app