xda VERY slow loading

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

geronimo48

Jun 28, 2012
Charleston, SC
I've noticed xda takes a long time to open and change pages in my browser (Chrome). It frequently times out and gives me an error message. Sometimes I can push it to finish opening by pressing F5 (reload). Other times I have to close it and open again. This happens FREQUENTLY. I have also noticed several video ads that run automatically in multiple windows. I can pause one of them at a time by clicking on it, but of course, this doesn't help with the slow loading problem.

Is there any way to opt out of these videos (one seems to show women in sportswear making sushi) or just shut them off? I suspect that this is the problem.

ikm19

Its been happening to me too, I just came to this thread to report this. I have an adblock so not sure about the ad but Its talking way longer time to load and sometimes i get error that unable to reach website.
I am using safari on mac.

Thanks

streambinder

Jun 3, 2014
Rome
I've noticed xda takes a long time to open and change pages in my browser (Chrome). It frequently times out and gives me an error message. Sometimes I can push it to finish opening by pressing F5 (reload). Other times I have to close it and open again. This happens FREQUENTLY. I have also noticed several video ads that run automatically in multiple windows. I can pause one of them at a time by clicking on it, but of course, this doesn't help with the slow loading problem.
Is there any way to opt out of these videos (one seems to show women in sportswear making sushi) or just shut them off? I suspect that this is the problem.

Mate, consider the fact XDA is currently frequented from thousands and thousands people. This could mean - in some cases - their servers could be sometimes overloaded, producing the annoyances you experienced.

Status
Not open for further replies.