Where are the apps?

Search This thread

backtothemac

May 17, 2006
Destin Florida
I understand that logmein is coming, but where is weatherbug? Does anyone have the xoom version? I download it from the market and it is identical to the version that I have on my DX. Is it out yet? When is it coming? Etc.

Slimgym20

Feb 1, 2009
I understand that logmein is coming, but where is weatherbug? Does anyone have the xoom version? I download it from the market and it is identical to the version that I have on my DX. Is it out yet? When is it coming? Etc.

Weatherbug for honeycomb is not out yet. Its still in beta stage and can't be downloaded.

mrmomoman

Feb 19, 2009
Logmein for Android works fine for now.

I haven't had too many problems for most apps. Not ideal but they work for the moment.

martonikaj

Nov 20, 2010
Seattle, WA
Guys, this is the first Honeycomb device that came out yesterday. The full SDK just came out 3 days ago. Its gonna take a little time before we see tablet apps. Just give it a little time! they will come.

martonikaj

Nov 20, 2010
Seattle, WA
Agreed. I am sure we will see plenty apps over the coming months.

Especially considering that Google implemented the "Fragments UI" idea in the latest SDK. From my understanding, this will allow the devs to make apps that work with both tablets and phones, where the UI will scale to different sizes for the different areas, instead of having 2 different apps.

Jrockttu

Nov 7, 2007
Especially considering that Google implemented the "Fragments UI" idea in the latest SDK. From my understanding, this will allow the devs to make apps that work with both tablets and phones, where the UI will scale to different sizes for the different areas, instead of having 2 different apps.

Does that mean that the apps will be larger so I can download even fewer of them to my limited Nexus One storage?

joeski27

Feb 24, 2011
I've tried. It won't work.

Ok I'm gonna post a new thread devoted to this, I'm SURE someone on XDA must have found a leaked version of this beta apk, because not having it straight away is unacceptable ;). This is by FAR the app that I've been looking forward to with the Xoom. I'd gladly trade Flash for the next few months before the Weatherbug app! (hate me if you want, whatever)

martonikaj

Nov 20, 2010
Seattle, WA
Does that mean that the apps will be larger so I can download even fewer of them to my limited Nexus One storage?

Adding in the Fragments UI concept is only a few limited lines of code to allow scaling. Doesn't mean that the size of the apps will necessarily be any bigger. Don't forget, theres always Apps2SD :p

If having scalable UI means that the apps will be slightly bigger but completely functional, it's worth it.

joeski27

Feb 24, 2011
Guys, this is the first Honeycomb device that came out yesterday. The full SDK just came out 3 days ago. Its gonna take a little time before we see tablet apps. Just give it a little time! they will come.

Agreed, however this one is a different story, as it is an app that IS already in the Market, but some sort of glitch (either at the Weatherbug end or the Google end of things) isn't allowing it to be downloaded and installed. After all, as far as the Weatherbug site is concerned, this beta app *should* be fully available for download at this moment. At any rate I just sent an email in to the folks at Weatherbug as I'm quite sure they'd want to know about this so that they can communicate with Google to sort out the problem and make sure their app is fully available.