[ACS][DEV] Lets Get Rid of that Yellow Triangle.. Proof of Concept.. **Updated 10/28

Search This thread

chris41g

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 10, 2009
its no different.. if you flashed either rom via CWM you wouldnt have the triangle to begin with.. just get rid of the triangle before flashing said rom..

tps70

Apr 28, 2010
Onalaska, WI
Thanks given! :cool:

This thread & QBKing77's tutorial video worked perfectly for me. No more triangle. Replaced your zImage with the one from Rogue EL29 Repack (as shown in the video) & everything went smooth as silk.

Thanks again for everything you guys do for our phones! :D

3volution

May 25, 2010
Question.
Can I back up my current Blazer 3.9 ROM remove triangle as shown in video and then restore my Blazer ROM back up so I don't have to redo EVERYTHING?

st1ngr4y

Jul 19, 2010
27 cents with free shipping (direct from china!!!) and I reset my counter and can activate download mode... thanks Epay

If there's a way to reset the counter great otherwise I think the triangle is a negligible trade-off

cidica

Aug 9, 2008
Seattle, Wa
Just tried this on my phone after getting the Triangle after messing with the 4.x builds does not work anymore (at least for me and I follwed things down to the letter.) Also so it's known I didn't odin the install but I did use Odin for the cwm Install to go back to a EL29 base rom.

Last edited:

Envynet

Oct 19, 2009
Columbus
same thing here I installed one of the 4.0 builds and odin the repacked 15 kernel now I also have the yellow triangle, tried the fix in the OP and a no go didnt work.

chunology

Jan 6, 2011
Just tried this on my phone after getting the Triangle after messing with the 4.x builds does not work anymore (at least for me and I follwed things down to the letter.) Also so it's known I didn't odin the install but I did use Odin for the cwm Install to go back to a EL29 base rom.

same thing here I installed one of the 4.0 builds and odin the repacked 15 kernel now I also have the yellow triangle, tried the fix in the OP and a no go didnt work.

You need to first flash (odin or CWM) a COMPLETELY stock kernel (to get rid of the yellow triangle) then use this method with a zIMAGE (kernel) of your choice to get your custom kernel without having a yellow triangle at the splash boot screen.

I've used this method on both CM9 and each of the ICS leaks and I can confirm it is STILL working - if used properly.

sfhub

Oct 23, 2008
Try using one of the ODIN One-Clicks in my signature.

h20wakebum

Nov 10, 2007
Santa Monica
You need to first flash (odin or CWM) a COMPLETELY stock kernel (to get rid of the yellow triangle) then use this method with a zIMAGE (kernel) of your choice to get your custom kernel without having a yellow triangle at the splash boot screen.

I've used this method on both CM9 and each of the ICS leaks and I can confirm it is STILL working - if used properly.

So I just flashed your stock kernel... then, replaced the zimage of the upated 1.2.1 kernel... flashed that through the stock recovery, but now I just sit at the Samsung Galaxy SII screen (without yellow triangle).

Any thoughts?

-RR

los82

Nov 8, 2010
for some reason its not asking me for superuser control...sometimes the drivers pickup the mtp device and sometimes they dont....dont know whats going on but not a big deal just wondering if someone else dealing with this prob

FlowingAway

Oct 21, 2007
Ok...so I'm able to get rid of the yellow triangle like I've done 100 times before, but now on the boot screen it includes "SPH-D710" just below the samsung galaxy s II logo. Could that have something to do with the FB17 I had on there a few days ago? Right now I'm running Calk's 2.9. I know for sure it didn't use to have that on there.

Edited for 2nd thought: I would probably have to flash a TAR of the original stock EL29 to get it back to normal, wouldn't you think?

Last edited:

FlowingAway

Oct 21, 2007
Yep. Flashing the stock EL29 tar removed the model number on the boot screen. Back up and running. Thanks for letting me solve my own problem in your thread lol. You guys keep up the good work!

XBMC4LIFE

Feb 5, 2012
Idk if this will help anyone but there is an apk called triangle away. I have used it every time I have gotten a triangle and poof its gone when you click remove. Super easy takes like 5 seconds just install and press remove.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using XDA App

cnstarz

Feb 10, 2010
so i was able to remove the yellow triangle, but it doesn't reset the count. is there a way to do that without booting into android? my predicament is that my /data partition is jacked, so i can't flash anything, and i would like to reset the counter manually if possible so that i dont have wait a few days for a jig to come in the mail and so that i dont have to make one. my only means of modifying the phone is via adb in rogue recovery 1.2.2 (only recovery that will flash on my phone) and odin.

bendovermore

Mar 28, 2012
try using trangle away app by chainfire. i used it 4-5 times now and confirm sucess every time. alot easier and saves time. not to mention its free.

:thumbup:
Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda premium

Reactions: elzero26

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I guess the title is a little misleading... because I've already figured it out. No jig needed.

Well lets get to it.

Contains this kernel:
    http://www.forums.acsyndicate.net/showthread.php/3167-KERNEL-ODIN-Stock-Pulled-Repacked-with-CWM5

First, flash a custom kernel so you can root your phone. Doesn't matter, just get it rooted, how ever you wish.

Then, flash the "Pulled" stock kernel provided by Bubby323

http://www.forums.acsyndicate.net/s...ed-from-a-non-rooted-phone.?p=12012#post12012

Thanks JBN:
    http://min.us/l3W76zVg6eNNi

After that, this is where I come in...

Go to
    http://chris41g.devphone.org/index.php?dir=EpicTouch/
    and download FlashzImage.zip

unzip it to your PC, it requires that you have drivers installed to ADB into your phone.

ADB binary is in the zip, so you don't need that, just debugging mode turned on.

Run Install.bat

Make sure your screen is on, so you can accept the SU prompt. your phone will reboot at some point, and it will have my newest test kernel and no yellow triangle...

Thanks to QbKing77 for the How To Video:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ySskTt-S-cM[/media]

From there, you can install any kernel you want from CWM using zips, and not increase your odin mode binary counter.

Also if your prefer, you can replace the zImage in the original zip with any kernel to flash...

This could be adapted to mac or linux pretty easy im sure, but I'm not gonna do it, thats why I labeled this a proof of concept. all the bat file does is push the files. you can manually push them and chmod and run the script and get the same effects..

anyways, heres my small contribution for the day...

Thanks to Orionstein and Rjmjr69 for help testing...
    and freenode #lostkernel
    $2 jig does both

Samsung Galaxy S Dos indeed

yes youre correct it does...

but why should you have to buy a jig? why should you have to odin kernels at all?? it should be used as a safeguard...

this method is to get cwm on your phone, and this method only needs to be used once, then you can use CWM to flash everythign from then on out...

or you can buy a 2 dollar jig, use odin every time, use your jig everytime...

doesnt matter to me, like i said, this is my small contribution for the day...
    no, just removes the custom binary flag.... which removes the triangle..

sorry but im not gonna try to decompile the boot loader and what not... especially since i dont have the phone..
    $2 jig does both

Samsung Galaxy S Dos indeed
    yes, the LoStKernel is whats in the zip