[Q] How to turn on video-out?

Search This thread

ssiegi

Aug 14, 2007
I have still the old video-out cable from the original Galaxy tab (the one with the red, yellow and white Cinch connectors). Does it work with the 7.7 and if yes, how? I found no way to turn on the video out feature...

amjadnezam

Dec 29, 2009
I have still the old video-out cable from the original Galaxy tab (the one with the red, yellow and white Cinch connectors). Does it work with the 7.7 and if yes, how? I found no way to turn on the video out feature...

I Test The old cable With P6200 and P6800. And I have only Audio, Without any Video. I Think the Problem is Honeycomb. Maybe it's Work After Update to ICS.

Sent From Amjadnezam ( GT-P6800 ) By TapaTalk2

Jade Eyed Wolf

Nov 4, 2010
Arlington Virginia
The Composite Video Cable Have 30pin Socket. and it's not 3.5mm headphone Socket.

Again, read my other post. The link was in response to someone asking about the exact same question but with regard to the 30-pin adapter.

In short, no composite video for you. Ever. Not via 3.5mm, not via 30-pin plug, not via anything. 1280*800 resolution is WAY too high for composite video anyway. Your only option is HDMI.

Reactions: amjadnezam

amjadnezam

Dec 29, 2009
Again, read my other post. The link was in response to someone asking about the exact same question but with regard to the 30-pin adapter.

In short, no composite video for you. Ever. Not via 3.5mm, not via 30-pin plug, not via anything. 1280*800 resolution is WAY too high for composite video anyway. Your only option is HDMI.

Thanks .I read your posts.and yes i know what you sey.But : Why its not work on P6200 with same resolution with P1000 (1024)?

Last edited:

Jade Eyed Wolf

Nov 4, 2010
Arlington Virginia
Thanks .I read your posts.and yes i know what you sey.But : Why its not work on P6200 with same resolution with P1000 (1024)?

Probably because the necessary hardware to downscale the 1024x600 resolution to composite isn't present in the P6200. Just because it's a newer model doesn't automatically mean that it will retain the older features of the previous generation. Producing a unit that only outputs HDMI compliant signals is cheaper, and with HDMI being almost everywhere nowadays anyway, more people are likely to use it now. That's just the way forward into the future. Let composite die already.

It's kinda like how you very rarely see laptops with 25-pin parallel ports, or 9-pin serial ports or VGA ports anymore; it's all USB and HDMI now.

Out with the old, in with the new.

Reactions: amjadnezam

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The Composite Video Cable Have 30pin Socket. and it's not 3.5mm headphone Socket.

Probably because the necessary hardware to downscale the 1024x600 resolution to composite isn't present in the P6200. Just because it's a newer model doesn't automatically mean that it will retain the older features of the previous generation. Producing a unit that only outputs HDMI compliant signals is cheaper, and with HDMI being almost everywhere nowadays anyway, more people are likely to use it now. That's just the way forward into the future. Let composite die already.

It's kinda like how you very rarely see laptops with 25-pin parallel ports, or 9-pin serial ports or VGA ports anymore; it's all USB and HDMI now.

Out with the old, in with the new.