[ROM][NAND] GBX0* + 3.3.x kernel

Search This thread

wizardknight

Nov 1, 2009
Seattle WA
Hey you were asking on ppcgeeks about roaming only option right? Have you checked out your system select option? 'Affiliated networks' is what you are looking for.

I was. It is great to see that feature has been added. :D
And for the others reading, but don't know.
It's accessed by going to Settings -> Wireless & networks -> Mobile networks -> System Select

Last edited:

n2rjt

I replaced radio rom and tried this again.
With new kernel, I see boot animation.
Gsm data works after manually entering APN.
Keyboard is not right for Tilt2.
But kudos, it is overall very usable and fast.
Looking at the radio logs I guess maybe it is trying cdma.

Sent from my MSM using XDA

Attachments

• radio.txt
    30.5 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:

wizardknight

Nov 1, 2009
Seattle WA
I think I found a small bug.
If you are on Affiliated networks, connected to wifi, and then reboot the phone will say it is connected to wifi upon reboot but it lies. All attempts to connect to wifi time out. You have to manually disconnect the wifi, and then reconnect it for it to work. Maybe something in the order the networks are brought online needs a tweak?

erick29

Sep 29, 2009
Hi, guess I've downloaded a corrupted file because the winrar says these lines upon extracting
on ROM file
"CRC failed in system/app/OpenWnn.apk. the file is corrupt"
"CRC failed in system/app/Talk.apk. the file is corrupt"
"CRC failed in system/media/audio/VeryAlarmed.ogg. the file is corrupt"
Is it normal and do these files affect the booting? please advice..

And on Kernel update 3.3.4 file
"CRC failed in boot.img. the file is corrupt"-on this I'm sure it will not boot..

Any idea..?

Sent from my Touch Pro 2 using XDA

walter79

Recognized Developer
Dec 18, 2006
GSM data works only with data roaming enabled and added new apn. (rhodium 100 de)

Battery drain is ok. Phone works after 6.5h without deepsleep. (wifi, gps, sync was on, display not)

Last edited:

djcrosstunez

Sep 23, 2010
GSM data works only with data roaming enabled and added new apn. (rhodium 100 de)

Battery drain is ok. Phone works after 6.5h without deepsleep. (wifi, gps, sync was on, display not)

That was my problem, i turned off roaming. So i turned it on again, Now it works:D, my new primary build is here! I hope that the fn '@' problem is solved fast!

Can't stop saying, respect for the developers.

walter79

Recognized Developer
Dec 18, 2006
Detule: Can you help to fix this problem?

- CM7.2 with your latest kernel form GBX0C nand
- /vendor/firmware/bcm4325-rtecdc.bin is present
- calibration file is ok

Code:
<4>[  673.390000] Compiled in drivers/net/wireless/bcm4329 on May 10 2012 at 11:
48:35
<3>[  675.820000] mmc0: Command timeout
<3>[  675.820000] mmc0: Command timeout
<3>[  675.830000] mmc0: Command timeout
<6>[  675.870000] mmc0: new high speed SDIO card at address 0001
<4>[  675.880000] alloc static buf at d48c0000!
<4>[  675.880000] F1 signature read @0x18000000=0x5164325
<4>[  675.890000] DHD: dongle ram size is set to 393216(orig 393216)
<4>[  675.890000] wl_iw_attach thr:7f4 started
<4>[  675.890000] wl_iw_bt_init thr:7f5 started
<4>[  675.890000] dhd_attach thr:7f6 started
<4>[  675.890000] dhd_attach thr:7f7 started
<4>[  675.890000] dhd_attach thr:7f8 started
<4>[  675.890000] _dhdsdio_download_firmware: dongle image file download failed
<4>[  675.890000] dhd_bus_start: dhdsdio_probe_download failed. firmware = /vendor/firmware/bcm4325-rtecdc.bin nvram = /proc/calibration
<4>[  675.890000] dhdsdio_probe: failed
<4>[  675.890000] wl_iw_detach thr:7f4 terminated OK
<4>[  675.890000] wl_iw_bt_release thr:7f5 terminated OK
<4>[  675.890000] dhd_detach thr:7f8 terminated OK
<4>[  675.890000] dhd_detach thr:7f6 terminated OK
<4>[  675.890000] dhd_detach thr:7f7 terminated OK

argenisaz

May 2, 2010
El Tigrito, Anzoátegui
I decided to give this build a try and see if my random reboot and sod problems go away with the 3.3.4 kernel. I've been running it for about 2 hours without a problem. Thanks!

detule

Jan 30, 2010
I decided to give this build a try and see if my random reboot and sod problems go away with the 3.3.4 kernel. I've been running it for about 2 hours without a problem. Thanks!

Cool, I am curious if you'll still have random reboots as with other builds.

argenisaz

May 2, 2010
El Tigrito, Anzoátegui
Cool, I am curious if you'll still have random reboots as with other builds.

I've been up and running for 13 hours without a reset or SOD. So far so good.

Now, I've noticed two things:

1. Battery drains fast even when phone is sleeping. I took it of the charger at 1:00 a.m. and at 7:30 a.m. the battery was down to 25%. All that time the phone was sleeping on the table.

2. I'm having issues with de SD card. It gives me a message that the SD card has been removed without unmounting it first. It's done it 2 times so far. I have to take it out and put it back in so it gets recognized.

I'm posting 2 logs, one for each issue to see if something comes up.

detule

Jan 30, 2010
I've been up and running for 13 hours without a reset or SOD. So far so good.

Great, you are a good test subject to see if this new smd driver is effective.

My device just spent 8 hours off the charger, and it's at 75%. Use this app to enable sleep debugging for the front led to make sure your device goes to suspend, though I guess if it spends most of the time trying to re/establish data connection there's not much you can do.

As far as your SD card, not sure what's happening with that ->make sure you are not trying to use the external storage usb functionality, or perhaps you have some app installed that's causing issues.

Reactions: argenisaz

argenisaz

May 2, 2010
El Tigrito, Anzoátegui
As far as your SD card, not sure what's happening with that ->make sure you are not trying to use the external storage usb functionality, or perhaps you have some app installed that's causing issues.

I think that would be it. I did use the external usb storage functionality.

---------- Post added at 08:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:22 AM ----------

My device just spent 8 hours off the charger, and it's at 75%. Use this app to enable sleep debugging for the front led to make sure your device goes to suspend, though I guess if it spends most of the time trying to re/establish data connection there's not much you can do.

I wish I got that that kind of battery life. :D

I installed the apk, set led regime 2 (amber awake/green asleep).

I'll report back.

UPDATE: there must be something keeping the phone awake. I get a green LED, then it goes amber for about 15 seconds. Then green again for about 2 minutes, then amber. Posting logs to see if something stands out.

Last edited:

detule

Jan 30, 2010
UPDATE: there must be something keeping the phone awake. I get a green LED, then it goes amber for about 15 seconds. Then green again for about 2 minutes, then amber. Posting logs to see if something stands out.

There's a lot of SD slot activity in your log, I assume that's because you haven't restarted since you tried to use mass storage and Vold is doing something incoherent. No idea, if it persists after a reboot, perhaps try formatting your sd card.

When in suspend, my device too occasionally wakes up (AMBER), but it's always on instructions from userland. The more apps I have installed the more I see the amber led flashing on from time to time. There is a lot of low memory warnings in your log (i count 188, versus only two currently in my log), pretty safe bet you are taxing your system.

argenisaz

May 2, 2010
El Tigrito, Anzoátegui
There's a lot of SD slot activity in your log, I assume that's because you haven't restarted since you tried to use mass storage and Vold is doing something incoherent. No idea, if it persists after a reboot, perhaps try formatting your sd card.

You're right, I haven't restarted. That's because I'm trying to see how long it goes without an SOD or random reboot.

When in suspend, my device too occasionally wakes up (AMBER), but it's always on instructions from userland. The more apps I have installed the more I see the amber led flashing on from time to time. There is a lot of low memory warnings in your log (i count 188, versus only two currently in my log), pretty safe bet you are taxing your system.

I'm only syncing google services (gmail, contacts, calendar and reader) and a hotmail account (using exchange protocol with android email client).

As for apps, I've installed:
  1. Friendcaster (no syncing and no notifications enabled)
  2. Friendcaster chat (no syncing and no notifications enabled)
  3. XDA app (no syncing and no notifications enabled)
  4. Sense analog clock
  5. Any.Do
  6. Ex Dialer

Maybe one of those is giving me trouble.

Anyway, I'll have a better picture once I have to reboot. Thanks a lot for your help!

erick29

Sep 29, 2009
Guys, just want to report confirmed now it's booting now on my Rhod210, I've downloaded a bad file before I just re-download all the 3 latest files and flashed including gapps, and it booted..my initial observation is it is fast and stable..will test more..

Note: my radio version now is 4.49.25.95 I've flashed through sd card before installing this rom..I'm not recommending to flash the .95 radio but that's what I did..

Thanks..

Last edited:

djcrosstunez

Sep 23, 2010
The reason why an "@" shows on pressing the fn key is because the \system\usr\keylayout is mapped for a raphael. Due the following files. raph_navi_pad.kl and microp-keypad.kl.

"key 215 AT" It should be key 215 ALT_LEFT

It's not mapped to our devices. It's mapped to the default in de keymaps folder..
"/system/etc/keymaps/default"

wizardknight

Nov 1, 2009
Seattle WA
I have noticed that after rebooting I have to recalibrate the screen otherwise my touches are off. Is there any reason that the calibration does not survive reboots?

milda25

Apr 23, 2008
Hi Detule, I have problem with panel on/off on my rhod100. This issue has been solved in OMGB about 6 month ago. (I know - on another kernel series). Problem occurs increasingly and it is very annoying. Can you help me, please? Thanks in advance.

detule

Jan 30, 2010
Hi Detule, I have problem with panel on/off on my rhod100. This issue has been solved in OMGB about 6 month ago. (I know - on another kernel series). Problem occurs increasingly and it is very annoying. Can you help me, please? Thanks in advance.

I was expecting this - growing pains with rhod 100 users. Thankfully it looks like acl has either traced or disassembled the init sequences for your panels. I would like to make a minimal set of changes to our panel code, so as to try and not mess up haret users, which means me shooting you multiple kernels to see which one achieves desired results.

If you tell my your panel id i can PM you a test kernel.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi folks,

Just a quick note on something we've been working with jonpry on. The title says it all - this is not an official GBX build/release, rather something I compiled from the current GBX tree.

As always, if you are submitting an issue -> post complete GetLogs output -> otherwise I promise you, I will ignore your post.

This is work in progress, so don't expect everything will be smooth. Having said that, it works remarkably well, and it performs at a high level. Here is what I know does not work for sure:

1. Auto-backlight.
    2. No idea what the reboot option does, but I wouldn't be surprised if it just hangs your device.

Other issues I am sure will come up.

As always, props to ACL for LK/recovery + early nand pioneering work.

This comes with the usual disclaimers - flashing your phone is inherently dangerous, etc. So do this at your own risk.

Download here, and flash via CWM recovery. Alternative Mirror Location.
    Kernel update containing bug fixes. Flash also via CWM. Alternative Mirror Location.
    CRITICAL: ril_update.zip. Should fix booting problems form GSM flks. Flash also via CWM. Alternative Mirror Location.
    Hi Detule, I installed all update from scratch (task29, rhodimg.nbh, cwm_recovery) and installed your build with new ril and kernel update. All working great, only I have problem with light sensor..

Hey thanks for the feedback.

Couple of notes -> really not _my_ build. The credits should largely go to

Kernel: jonpry + wistilt2 for porting the latest kernels to haret, and of course ACL for all of his hard work on nand.

Userland: This is stock xdandroid userland -> many, many people have contributed, and of course a lot of credit goes to some excellent feedback/testing that has happened over the past few months - hats off to you folks.

Light sensor/Auto-backlight -> known issue, and not something that is immediately fixable. Here's a little background on why it doesn't work: These kernels are originally set-up to work in haret, where in order to enable auto-backlight we are able to toggle a specific function mode on the panel called LABC (Ligh sensor based Automatic Backlight Control). Think of this mode as hardware auto-backlight support. In short, there is internal circuitry in the panel itself that (in LABC mode) can both enable the light sensor, poll its values AND adjust the screen backlight without any interaction from the user at all. In fact we don't even see or report the light sensor values anywhere since it's all handled internally by the panel. Because we've been successful at doing this in haret, we've setup the userland support in GBX to match this -> when you check Auto-backlight in Settings->Display, the userland library in GBX does not try to poll a light sensor, in fact it completely stops trying to set the backlight of the panel and lets the panel adjust itself.

The alternative (this is how is done in .27 nand + omgb) is, when you check auto-backlight in settings->display, userland instructs the kernel to enable the light sensor, the kernel then polls the light sensor and reports values to userland on regular intervals, userland takes these values and matches them against a fixed table to decide what the panel backlight should be, and finally returns information to the kernel about the final panel backlight.

For some reason we are unable to toggle LABC on nand yet. Not sure if we ever will be which means we may have to go "poll the light sensor" route. This involves changes to both kernel AND userland and I personally would like to avoid if possible. So i think some effort should be made into trying to figure out what's wrong with enabling LABC on nand. At any rate, it's pretty remarkable that's the only outstanding issue, and I think we are close to merging the 3.x nand with haret trees.
    Logs are attached. I'm very hopeful that you can help. I'll be happy to get any information you need, or give you control over my phone with wifi, etc. Kernel mods I can handle, but RIL is outside my area of expertise.

Michael

It looks like the code in the RIL for automatic detection of CDMA vs GSM mode is getting confused when the GSM signal drops out, the reaction from the radio is the same as when the phone is operating in CDMA mode.

Probably this particular detection should only be done when the network type is set to GSM/CDMA Auto.

edit: I've pushed a patch for this to gitorious. Don't have a current build env any more, so I cannot provide a test binary here.
    Thank you very much! Perhaps detule is willing to make another release with this ril update and (if they didn't make them in, I never verified) the ACL battery changes?

I am travelling for the next three weeks, but I should be able to put together a patched RIL when I get back.

The haret vs. nand xdandroid RIL has a minor change - if someone wants to put a patched binary before then I could probably recall semi-coherently what it is.
    If you didn't experience any problems updating from 3.3.4 to 3.3.6 ignore this post.

To those of you who had a problem with wifi/data going from 3.3.4->3.3.6:

1. Reinstall gbx0c-ota
    2. Reinstall ril_update
    3. Reinstall (this is a new link):

Seems problem was somehow tied to a faulty re-write of the dmesg binary in the system partition (this is why some of you couldn't successfully revert to 3.3.4).

Thanks to milda25 for testing the solution, and for everyone who collected detailed logs.