[NOW PUBLIC] Team Codefire Presents: Project FreeGee for Bell, Rogers and Telus

Search This thread

Shelnutt2

Inactive Recognized Developer
Mar 8, 2010
We now have working exploit for out Canadian friends :).

We are publicly releasing Bells, Rogers and Telus. This is the same 0.5v that removes LG Security.

Further details can be read in thecubed's post here.

Due to the nature of the varients make sure you download the correct file!

Bell:
http://downloads.codefi.re/shelnutt2/optimusg/bell/private/freegee/FreeGee-0.5_Bell.zip

Rogers:
http://downloads.codefi.re/shelnutt2/optimusg/rogers/private/freegee/FreeGee-0.5_Rogers.zip

Telus:
http://downloads.codefi.re/shelnutt2/optimusg/telus/private/freegee/FreeGee-0.5_Telus.zip
Currently, the download is Windows-only. I will make a OSX/Linux/Windows version soon

Also Bell, Telus and Rogers are now supported by the 1 click freegee app! This is $1, and the pc method will always remain free. This is just for those lazy and want to donate :).
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=edu.shell.freegee

Last edited:

Haze028

Jun 29, 2011
Worked perfectly! Thanks again to Team Codefire for high levels of awesomeness.
Now bring on the roms! lol ;)

houstonn

Sep 18, 2012
Ontario
Thank you! :highfive:

EDIT: I'm wondering if someone made this flashable, we (bell, rogers) would be able to flash the BASE ROM from the att forum and then flash this since at this time we don't have a rom that's flashable yet..

Sent from my LG-E973 using xda premium

Last edited:

dimsler

Dec 30, 2009
thank you very much for your hard effort and work!

EDIT: works great on rogers.

Last edited:

dpvu

Oct 13, 2010
Special thanks to the devs for all their hard work. Hopefully no hiccups with the Telus version. Donation coming on release.

Sent from my LG-E973 using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

Shelnutt2

Inactive Recognized Developer
Mar 8, 2010
Just need someone to test. Hope on irc. Ill be on in 2 hours.

Sent from my LG-LS970 using xda app-developers app

BumRush

Nov 6, 2008
If it disables LG Security does that mean we can safely uninstall google apps like movies and books?

brunswick000

Apr 16, 2010
Kingston, ON
Im just trying to make sure I have all my ducks in a row here, so I appologize if this is a redundant question. Which recovery are we supposed to use?? In the Sprint development forum there is a tethered version of CMW. Do we use that?? Or, is there something included in the FreeGee exploit? Or even still, do we just use the stock recovery?

thracky

Apr 23, 2008
Mississauga
If it disables LG Security does that mean we can safely uninstall google apps like movies and books?

In theory yes, but nobody's going to promise you that it won't happen at this point :p

---------- Post added at 04:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:29 AM ----------

Im just trying to make sure I have all my ducks in a row here, so I appologize if this is a redundant question. Which recovery are we supposed to use?? In the Sprint development forum there is a tethered version of CMW. Do we use that?? Or, is there something included in the FreeGee exploit? Or even still, do we just use the stock recovery?

Freegee includes CWM. Once it's done you can boot into the bootloader and get to cwm, or use adb and reboot into recovery that way (easier, because we can't see what we're selecting in the bootloader at the moment, vol down twice then power gets you there :p)

jonnyg1097

Oct 1, 2010
Toronto
Just so I am clear you arent able to see the fastboot options because of LG's doing right? Not because of the exploit made here? Or was it because of the exploit and that was just an unfortunate side effect of doing it this way that would be fixable in a future update?

MatAuc12

Mar 23, 2012
Just so I am clear you arent able to see the fastboot options because of LG's doing right? Not because of the exploit made here? Or was it because of the exploit and that was just an unfortunate side effect of doing it this way that would be fixable in a future update?
Nothing lg related. I believe it is just a trivial side effect and they rather release a version as quick as.possible and put focus on.more important stuff than target irrelevant images

Joyok

Nov 15, 2012
savages ininksh

Awesome! Can't wait for the custom roms coming, especially if it fixes the battery issue!

brunswick000

Apr 16, 2010
Kingston, ON
I rooted and unlocked without any issues. However, when I enter CMW and attempt to make a nandroid backup of the original Rom it says "Can't mount unlock path". I've never run into this before. Do I need to mount something in the Mounts & Storage?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

Top Liked Posts