Phone is dead...

Search This thread

acjames

Jun 17, 2010
Memphis 10
I came home from grabbing a bite to eat. About 30 minutes had passed and I was wondering why I havent heard my phone in a few. Checked and the notification light was blinking. Tried to press the power button to turn it on and nothing. Pulled the S Pen out because that would make it come on and still nothing. Pulled the battery and now all i get is the "Samsung Galaxy Note 2" screen. If i leave it there, after about 2 hours it will make the T-Mobile jingle and go into a boot loop. The boot loop lasts until i pull the battery again.

My phone was not rooted, no ROMs or anything. Only apps I had that did not come preinstalled on the phone were, Facebook, Tweetcaster, Instagram, Hill Climb Racing, Subway Surfer and my banking app.

My Galaxy 2 did something similar but i blamed it on the ROM I was using and figured I had bricked it some way. My faith in Samsung products is declining....

Last edited:

nmw407

Mar 2, 2009
Are you able to connect it to a pc and is it recognized through ADB?

If so, I would try using ODIN and dumping the stock firmware and start from fresh.

acjames

Jun 17, 2010
Memphis 10
Are you able to connect it to a pc and is it recognized through ADB?

If so, I would try using ODIN and dumping the stock firmware and start from fresh.

Yeah i tried that after i talked to TMobile and my replacement phone was on the way. It is recognized in ODIN but it takes about 45 minutes to complete the process and then it fails.

Galaxysm

Sep 9, 2012
Mission
Weird. Had the same problem about a couple of hrs ago. Also I tried hitting the middle button. And turn on button and nothing. Turned it off. Took the battery off and waited about 30 secs. But it back in. And it worked. Never had happen to me...

Sent from my SGH-T889 using xda app-developers app

PhxDroid86

Jan 14, 2013
Phoenix
Weird. Had the same problem about a couple of hrs ago. Also I tried hitting the middle button. And turn on button and nothing. Turned it off. Took the battery off and waited about 30 secs. But it back in. And it worked. Never had happen to me...

Similar scenario/solution except never a bootloop.. just went from 6% battery to completely dead.

I didnt try to turn it on, but pressed (tapped power button) and the phone wouldnt do anything. It also didnt respond to a charge, plugged it in to several wall outlets in various rooms, until I pulled the battery for, like ive been trained through older droids, 30 seconds...

Replaced the battery, plugged it in and got it charging, waited til 20-30% before turning on phone to verify, and yes everything was working fine!!

No issues since

Reactions: Galaxysm

Galaxysm

Sep 9, 2012
Mission
Well thats good :) but yeah it has been weird lol. I had never had that on my s2. So I got scared D: LOL.

Sent From Land Of Ooo. Using a Jedi Mastered Note 2.

tl08newbie

Jan 21, 2013
I had the same problem, I had tjot my phone died but I know I had at leas y 80% of battery left. I tried using my phone nothing, plugged it up nothing. So I pulled the battery and it finally came on. This wad the 1st time it occured, the next time was like yours only the notification light was fladhing the power button and nor the home button worked. I removed apps that I tjought wad causing it. I had called Samsung and tmobile snd they never heard of such problem. They only suggested I do a hard reset. It hasn't happened in a while now but if it does I want a replacement, since I now know im not crazy, and you guys have had the same problem

acjames

Jun 17, 2010
Memphis 10
I had the same problem, I had tjot my phone died but I know I had at leas y 80% of battery left. I tried using my phone nothing, plugged it up nothing. So I pulled the battery and it finally came on. This wad the 1st time it occured, the next time was like yours only the notification light was fladhing the power button and nor the home button worked. I removed apps that I tjought wad causing it. I had called Samsung and tmobile snd they never heard of such problem. They only suggested I do a hard reset. It hasn't happened in a while now but if it does I want a replacement, since I now know im not crazy, and you guys have had the same problem

Well at least you all's phone started back working, mine didn't. I. Got my replacement today.

magnumcrx

Feb 14, 2013
same thing here

yesterday my phone was up with blue light then when i try hit the power button get black screen took out the battery and now the phone didnt even charge or show any signal i will apreciate any help thanks

PhxDroid86

Jan 14, 2013
Phoenix
Dont know if thats SDS (don't know symptoms) but did you ever check to see if your phone is safe?

PhxDroid86

Jan 14, 2013
Phoenix
Certain SGIII and GNII chips are vulnerable to SDS... I meant, by chance did he download eMMC Brickbug to verify what type of chip he has and if it chip was "vulnerable"?

---------- Post added at 06:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:14 PM ----------

My chip is good but one time my phone died from 6% and wouldnt start charging through any wall plug, so I then pulled the battery, waited 30 seconds, and it started charging.

20-30% later I turned on the phone, and it hasnt had an issue since (even through rom/kernal flashes)

Galaxysm

Sep 9, 2012
Mission
It happen again to me. But I was at 100% charge. Weird...

PhxDroid86

Jan 14, 2013
Phoenix
Its not whether it says sane or not... what matteres is the chip you have... screenshot please

Galaxysm

Sep 9, 2012
Mission

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1361402214068.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1361402214068.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 83

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Similar scenario/solution except never a bootloop.. just went from 6% battery to completely dead.

I didnt try to turn it on, but pressed (tapped power button) and the phone wouldnt do anything. It also didnt respond to a charge, plugged it in to several wall outlets in various rooms, until I pulled the battery for, like ive been trained through older droids, 30 seconds...

Replaced the battery, plugged it in and got it charging, waited til 20-30% before turning on phone to verify, and yes everything was working fine!!

No issues since