[Theme] Touchwiz Glass

Search This thread

psyntific

Aug 20, 2012
Pune
I could find that file resources.arsc in secphone and deleted it but wat happens is that when you make a call the buttons for mute hold etc the bottom layer of 3 buttons become one and has distorted info like it'd say hold and show u the mute icon

Greezaaa

Apr 17, 2011
Madrid
>>>Navigate to "mode\system\framework\framework-res.apk\res\drawable-nodpi\"
>>>Replace the png images "background_holo_dark.png" and "background_holo_dark.png" with the image of your choice ;)(preferred image resolution 1280x720)
the first image had to be "background_holo_dark.png" and the second one is "tw_background_holo_dark.png" no??

no question:
Where I can change the calling bg https://www.dropbox.com/s/a2cv6a8ydebev96/Screenshot_2013-02-21-01-24-47.png ??

thank you anyway! AWSOME WORK!!!

psyntific

Aug 20, 2012
Pune
It should work without any issues on 4.2 leak. But people have to remove resources.Arsc from secphone.apk folder before flashing

《posted from s3》

Do we need to replace it with some other resources.arsc... cuz I did that for mr2 but then the phone has only one button at the bottom while making a call and it's named hold and does the function of speaker .. I tried it even after wiping the whole phone but no luck

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda premium

Last edited:

bala_gamer

Recognized Contributor
Mar 29, 2011
Madurai-Chennai
Xiaomi 13
Xiaomi 13 Pro
Do we need to replace it with some other resources.arsc... cuz I did that for mr2 but then the phone has only one button at the bottom while making a call and it's named hold and does the function of speaker .. I tried it even after wiping the whole phone but no luck

no u dont need to add up any other files.

navigate to mode/system/app/secphone.apk/ and delete resources.arsc. and layout folder Now it should be fine

Edit.

Just tested with 4.2 leak .its working fine .just delete the above mentioned file. Better I'll upload the deleted one soon

Last edited:

psyntific

Aug 20, 2012
Pune
Hey thank you so much Bala.. It works like a charm... Just wanted to tell u that only the transparency wen on a call like at the top where its green wen you're on a call is not there any more... But doesn't really matter much though... Thanks once again... You're a genius

bala_gamer

Recognized Contributor
Mar 29, 2011
Madurai-Chennai
Xiaomi 13
Xiaomi 13 Pro
Hey thank you so much Bala.. It works like a charm... Just wanted to tell u that only the transparency wen on a call like at the top where its green wen you're on a call is not there any more... But doesn't really matter much though... Thanks once again... You're a genius

That needs a new compiled resources. Arsc file. Will try to add new one

《posted from s3》

Reactions: psyntific

jakhan86

Oct 16, 2010
Transparent background

Hi Bala,

I'm trying to replace the background wallpaper with a transparent png created with GIMP. However, the background is black instead of transparent. I tried playing with alpha values in the PNG but it doesnt make the background transparent in the phone.

Can you pls help?

mustang2012

Jan 10, 2012
Will this work with AOSP version of 4.1.2 JB?? Thanks in advance...

bala_gamer

Recognized Contributor
Mar 29, 2011
Madurai-Chennai
Xiaomi 13
Xiaomi 13 Pro
Hi Bala,

I'm trying to replace the background wallpaper with a transparent png created with GIMP. However, the background is black instead of transparent. I tried playing with alpha values in the PNG but it doesnt make the background transparent in the phone.

Can you pls help?

AFAIK it needs some xml edit.

will it work with n7000 LMZ?

Ya it will, but it may not be themed fully. Don't forget to delete resources and layout files in secphone apk before flashin

《posted from s3》

Reactions: jakhan86

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Standard Disclaimer: Flash at your own risk!!
    Only for samsung roms

Had this idea in my mind for a very long time.. finally made it. So here is the touchwiz glass theme for glass effect lovers. almost all stock apps are made transparent. so that now w can choose whatever the background image as needed for background and it will be reflected on all apps :)

Theme highlights:

* Allmost all stock apps are made tranparent
    * Customisable background image as per your choice
    * glass effect on popup dialogs and other ui
    * Transparent caller image(orange and green lines removed on the top)
    * Optimised pngs
    * modded apps are auto backed to "mode-backup" folder

apps modded so far:

framework
    phone
    contacts
    music player
    clockpackage
    taskmanager
    calculator

todo list

*camera
    *other possibly missing apps
    *flashbar

Screenshots:
    full1.png

full2d.png

Known bugs:

* In call buttons are not yet fully transparent
    * Some other unknown bugs that escaped my eyes

Instructions:

*Read the tips section.
    *Download the zip and flash via cwm.

Tips:

* Use images that are suitable for transparent theme, some wallpaper/images may look weird with transparency. So its upto you to choose the right one.
    * Dont like the background image that comes along with this theme ? Do not worry :) you can change it easily as per your wish
    >>>Open the theme zip via 7zip in your pc
    >>>Navigate to "mode\system\framework\framework-res.apk\res\drawable-nodpi\"
    >>>Replace the png images "background_holo_dark.png" and "background_holo_dark.png" with the image of your choice ;)(preferred image resolution 1280x720)
    >>>Close the zip and flash it :)
    * Navigate to post 2 on this thread to get more choice of background images

If you like my work consider buying me a coffee ;)

Downloads:

touchwiz glass v1
    devhost mirror

Credits:
    Thanks to
    @kachrukamble
    @surya_mca
    for testing it patiently :)

to villain theme flasher and their team for their awesome flashing tool
    v1 Intial release (10/12/12)
    Do you guys prefer having glazz theme with different shades of glass?

《posted from samsung rom》
    Thanx mate

Will it work with custom 4x5 Touchwiz or TouchWiz with Landscape mode ?

I'm asking before will try to flash it, if someone will make Touchwiz 4x5 SCR on with landscape mode and it would work with your theme, then I would be in heaven :)

yes it will :)