text notifications very erratic

Search This thread

jmorton10

Jul 1, 2008
Rochester, NY
my email notifications work perfectly, but my text notifications are so erratic that I'm considering returning the thing (& I love it).

Sometimes I get the notification right away, sometimes it comes in 5 minutes after the phone gets it and other times I don't get it at all.

Is there any fix for this??

pencil316

Aug 15, 2013
I got my first text on my watch today since I had the watch last week. I really want to keep it, but I want to see what the possible Google watch will be later. Also for your question try restoring your gear and repairing with phone. I'm sadly sending mine back.

Tapatalk

Reactions: Saknice20

Mr Ian B

Aug 3, 2010
Reminder if you get a text or email while phone on, you will not get notification through the Gear.

Ian B

Saknice20

Oct 11, 2013
my email notifications work perfectly, but my text notifications are so erratic that I'm considering returning the thing (& I love it).

Sometimes I get the notification right away, sometimes it comes in 5 minutes after the phone gets it and other times I don't get it at all.

Is there any fix for this??

I have had zero issues with text notifications. Make sure you uninstall any other txt messaging apps. When I had gosms installed I didn't get any notifications. Once I uninstalled it, I get perfect notifications.

mhoepfin

Jan 9, 2006
Issue probably is related to the screen turning on when a text arrives, which could be happening from another SMS app you have downloaded.

jmorton10

Jul 1, 2008
Rochester, NY
Sorry about that. In the themes and apps section of your note 3s XDA you can download a modded MMS apk so your screen does not turn on when you get a text message

I installed that mod version of MMS and now messaging does not show up under notification selections of gear manager so I don't get any messaging notifications at all??

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I got my first text on my watch today since I had the watch last week. I really want to keep it, but I want to see what the possible Google watch will be later. Also for your question try restoring your gear and repairing with phone. I'm sadly sending mine back.

Tapatalk