unable to complete previous operation due to low memory

Search This thread

swishbucket1

Aug 31, 2013
I was trying to upload a picture to a forum and it kept Chrome kept giving me the message "unable to complete previous operation due to low memory". Why does it do this and how can I successfully upload the image? I took the image with the camera on the Tab so it's not too big.

Reactions: SecretSnackbar
L

loggypenguin9

Usually low memory means you have low ram storage the best thing to do is to use app killers if you are rooted or just close apps when you are done with them aka instead of using the home button press the back button

Sent from my SM-T210 using xda app-developers app

aloften

Jun 27, 2014
one solution

I was trying to upload a picture to a forum and it kept Chrome kept giving me the message "unable to complete previous operation due to low memory". Why does it do this and how can I successfully upload the image? I took the image with the camera on the Tab so it's not too big.

I figured one solution for this that has worked for me. While I was working on an issue with the android stock browser, I realized there was an issue with clicking on a hidden form field using jQuery. I used this method on a file upload spot so I could style the upload form.

Developer fix:
The way around this is to set opacity to 0, position absolute and hide the form element. Hope this helps.

User fix:
I have not seen a user fix as of this point.

Last edited:

cintel7

Aug 26, 2008
It works

Hey just found a solution to this one
All you have to do is go into developer tools and uncheck the box which says don't keep activities.
Worked instantly for me
Hope this helps
Sent from my XT1052 using XDA Free mobile app

Thank you.
I was trying to upload an excel file to a website and got this error on a Note 4.
This method works perfectly.

Reactions: downsowth

AYEHAN

Aug 20, 2013
Karachi
All you have to do is go into developer tools and uncheck the box which says don't keep activities.
Worked instantly for me
Hope this helps

thanks buddy .. perfect solution

as soon as i unchecked it the upload went fine :D

Rupert Bear

Jan 4, 2015
So where do I find 'Developer tools' on my Nexus 5?

:eek:The above suggested solution has not worked for me. I have cleared all history, shut down all tabs, updated to the latest version of Chrome. I have even uninstalled apps I have recently installed such as AVG protection (not even sure I need that, can anyone tell me?) ..and I tried to install an app killer and boot manager, both of which won't work without first installing Xposed Framework and when I tried to install that (after half an hour trying to find it) my phone went mad with warnings about bootloops and bricks and asked me if I was sure..fair frightened me to deaths and I abandoned the whole idea!
Now can anyone help me to solve this problem?
I can upload to Facebook fine but any other forums I'm still getting the 'Could not perform previous operation due to low memory! I have over 11GB of storage and plenty of memory as I'm not running anything. As stated I have a Google Nexus 5 on Lollipop Help!

Last edited:

bory2242

Jun 24, 2012
it woork thanks so much

:D
I figured one solution for this that has worked for me. While I was working on an issue with the android stock browser, I realized there was an issue with clicking on a hidden form field using jQuery. I used this method on a file upload spot so I could style the upload form.

Developer fix:
The way around this is to set opacity to 0, position absolute and hide the form element. Hope this helps.

User fix:
I have not seen a user fix as of this point.

5ruz

Oct 16, 2015
Where is the developer tools??? In chrome or setting??? Please help I can't find the developer tools!!?

AEVAREX

Feb 19, 2012
To get devoloper options open,
goto settings,
about device or about phone.
Then start tapping on build version or build number until developer options becomes available.
press the back button.
you should now be in settings and developer options should be near the bottom of the list.

JohnnyRamen

Nov 17, 2016
Worked instantly for me
Hope this helps

Yep. That did it for me as well. What the hell? That is just weird they require that to be off. You can download a video, but not upload a picture? I can also upload it to the actual apps. But when I tried on the browser....... Nope. Tf?! lol. But yeah. Thanks for posting that. I would've probably been forever lost trying to find out why it wont.

Tatalili

Jan 15, 2017
Figured out

Removed the option to kill apps after use in developers options and it all worked fine for me

Last edited:

Thisis Insane

Jul 14, 2013
Hot Springs Village
Solution worked here, too!

Makes sense to me. As soon as you select the photo, the system dumps the procedure, causing it to fail, and giving us yet another cryptic error message.

Worked instantly for me
Hope this helps

:good::good::good:

May 30, 2015
This setting on my Lg G5 running Android 7 was already off but I still encounter this same problem. I have plenty of free RAM. Worse of all, I am trying to upload on Google Docs form using Chrome. Google should be able to handle this.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Worked instantly for me
    Hope this helps
    It works

Worked instantly for me
    Hope this helps

Thank you.
    I was trying to upload an excel file to a website and got this error on a Note 4.
    This method works perfectly.
    Best solution!

Worked instantly for me
    Hope this helps

Worked for me too.
    Worked instantly for me
    Hope this helps

Yes this also worked instantly.
    On Moto e⁴ 1762