60 fps video recording?

Search This thread

maxpower7

May 2, 2011
I'm guessing this rumour started by someone confussing the fact that we START to have the illusion of movement over 20 something fps.

That urban legend that we can't percieve movement over 24, or 30, or whatever low fps count is fashionable to quote today not only is wrong, but downright absurd.

Same caliber as humans only usign 5-10 % of the brain and all that.

It's just like the notion that the human eye can't distinguish differences in pixel density above 300 ppi. I have human eyes, and the difference between a 720p display and a 1080p display of the same size is immediately apparent. That's another discussion though :)

gamer.11

Dec 11, 2012
Ernakulam
I think the only use for any device having a 30+ frame recording speed will be in slow motion video recording. I simply cannot differentiate between the two. A few android phones have this feature(Iphone 5S has a whopping 120fps recording for slow motion)

robaldred

Nov 23, 2011
Your eyes can't see above 30fps, so as long as it's *consistently* 30fps or above, you'd have no way of knowing.

Omg please tell me you're joking?
Human eyes don't see in fps!!!

Depending on your ages and how good your eyesight is humans perceive images changes produced by a digital device well over 200fps.

Get a gaming monitor 144hz and graphics card powerful enough to drive it then watch some high-speed footage or play a game. Set the monitor to 30hz, set it to 60hz, then 144hz and prepare to be amazed.

Please stop with this rubbish about eyes not being able to see over 30 fps.

Reactions: Syrian Sniper

jetbruceli

May 8, 2011
Bamberg, Germany
Haha wow. The only reason I grabbed a n5 was because it could play videos I made with the note 3. Only snapdragon 800 and up seem to be able play it back.
You people who think its not noticeable must be blind.
Same with resolution.
I will add that I played with a g3 and I can't tell if the higher 2k RES is better but that RES will be better on bigger screens
As far as being able to record at 60 I think it can but there isn't camera app I have seen for the n5 that would.

shhbz

Jul 19, 2010
▂ ▃ ▅ ▆ █ Searching...
Haha wow. The only reason I grabbed a n5 was because it could play videos I made with the note 3. Only snapdragon 800 and up seem to be able play it back.
You people who think its not noticeable must be blind.
Same with resolution.
I will add that I played with a g3 and I can't tell if the higher 2k RES is better but that RES will be better on bigger screens
As far as being able to record at 60 I think it can but there isn't camera app I have seen for the n5 that would.
Have you tried using snap camera by marginz software i believe it does

jetbruceli

May 8, 2011
Bamberg, Germany
Have you tried using snap camera by marginz software i believe it does

It has the option like other apps but it doesn't actually record at that frame rate.
Not a big deal for me. I don't really record as much video as I used to. More about taking a photos.
The camera on the n5 may not be the best but it does take a lot more clear pictures probably because of the ois

bish631

Nov 26, 2014
60fps possible on Nexus 5

As of the latest API for Android 5. It enables the possibility of 60fps recording @720p
Please tell me if there is any app as of now for this other than L camera which requires root an some specific steps to achieve the 60fps mark...

blinqipa

Aug 12, 2012
Prizren
As of the latest API for Android 5. It enables the possibility of 60fps recording @720p
Please tell me if there is any app as of now for this other than L camera which requires root an some specific steps to achieve the 60fps mark...
You're totally wrong. The new API brought us nothing of FPS.
The 60FPS is a thing of Hardware rather than software . It is possible right now to record with 60FPS at 1080p with some mods that require root. Pkmx and Martin Wawro made that possible for our little beloved Nexus 5 which is fairly capable of 60FPS recording, but it uses only the upper left part of the camera , which means it uses only ¼ of the camera .

Reactions: bish631

bish631

Nov 26, 2014
Thanks for the reply..

Alright.. Please can you tell me the link to get to that mod with instructions... :) :)
You're totally wrong. The new API brought us nothing of FPS.
The 60FPS is a thing of Hardware rather than software . It is possible right now to record with 60FPS at 1080p with some mods that require root. Pkmx and Martin Wawro made that possible for our little beloved Nexus 5 which is fairly capable of 60FPS recording, but it uses only the upper left part of the camera , which means it uses only ¼ of the camera .

Top Liked Posts