General Inquiry About Screen Protectors

Search This thread

AgentBEATS

Sep 5, 2010
Just a question to those of you, I'm assuming most, who put a screen protector on your phone. I've been having troubles with the Nexus 5 screen protectors, specifically a matted protector from Ghost Armor, in which my common TPU case pushes up the corners of the protector rather severely.

I've put screen protectors on all my many phones and have never had such a problem, I'm assuming it has something to do with the Nexus 5's small bezel and how close both the case and the screen protector come out to the edges.

I'm just wondering if this is a common problem with any brand of screen protector and any case in general. Has anyone else had this happen?

I ordered a Spigen Neo Hybrid a couple days ago and plan to get my Ghost Armor reapplied, but now I'm wondering if there is a point to doing so if this will just happen again.

Bleys43

Nov 4, 2010
I don't have the ghost armor, but I have had both Spigen PET and glass screen protectors on the phone, and the Neo Hybrid case did not cause listing on either. The Spigen Slim Armor, and the Ringke Fusion also did not cause lifting of either screen protector. The Ballistic SG Maxx does not cause lifting of my glass screen protector, have not tried it with PET.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

AgentBEATS

Sep 5, 2010
I don't have the ghost armor, but I have had both Spigen PET and glass screen protectors on the phone, and the Neo Hybrid case did not cause listing on either. The Spigen Slim Armor, and the Ringke Fusion also did not cause lifting of either screen protector. The Ballistic SG Maxx does not cause lifting of my glass screen protector, have not tried it with PET.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the reply, I'm glad to hear that the Neo Hybrid didn't cause any lifting hopefully the same is with Ghost Armor. Side note, you mention having a glass screen protector is there any trouble fitting that with the Neo Hybrid? Not with the lifting, but like with how tight it is or something.

prstorero

Sep 12, 2011
Dallas
Thanks for the reply, I'm glad to hear that the Neo Hybrid didn't cause any lifting hopefully the same is with Ghost Armor. Side note, you mention having a glass screen protector is there any trouble fitting that with the Neo Hybrid? Not with the lifting, but like with how tight it is or something.

I find glass screen protectors much easier to get applied than traditional plastic ones. They go on easier (apply themselves) and have less air bubbles. I only ended up with one, and it was too late to re-apply the screen, so I just left it :p

prshosting.org

bblzd

Nov 6, 2013
Toronto
When the case "hugs" the lip of the phone some what and the screen protector goes right to the edge this can happen. Ringke Fusion doesn't seem to "hug" much at all and I haven't read anyone having these issues with it.