VZ DE, Kitkat, LTE field test mode?

Search This thread

tchaika

Dec 2, 2013
Is there a way to determine which LTE band (4 or 13) the X is connected to? I've found one Field Test mode with Anycut, but it seems to be limited to providing info on the CDMA side of the house, indeed it's the same screen I could access with a shortcut on my Droid X.

Advanced Signal Status pulls up another screen, the same you used to be able to access via *#*#INFO*#*#, but this doesn't provide band info either.

kampana

Jun 15, 2010
I've been looking for this as well. A fellow in the Note 3 forums, who seems very well-versed in LTE networks, told me there is no engineering mode on the Moto X.

MarkyD311

May 10, 2010
I have been trying to figure out a way to do this for a while now; doesn't look like this functionality is there.

larry62

Sep 1, 2012
Don't know if this will help, but if the launcher you're using supports activities, make an activity from: Settings >Phone Info (.RadioInfo). Lots of data, but I'm on a T-Mobile Moto X running Net10 ATT as my carrier and don't have the correct SIM currently to configure ATT LTE so can't test whether this works.

Sent from my XT1053 using Tapatalk

Johmama

Apr 2, 2013
Hey guys, I don't know if this will help in any way, but here's a thread I've had a sub to for a while because I find it interesting and I might take advantage of it on my Nexus 5 in the future. It's basically how to access the menu you're looking for, but on the Nexus 5. Now, I wouldn't recommend installing/running his app because quite frankly, I have no idea what it actually does or what would happen if you ran it on the Moto X instead of the device he intended. The part that may or may not have any relevance to our situation is what he types into the adb shell to manually start the menu:
Code:
am start -n com.lge.SprintHiddenMenu/.sprintspec.Debug
Now, obviously the "lge" part threw up a flag since this phone isn't made by them. The "Sprint" part might also throw up a flag, but according to his post, even though it's a Sprint debug menu, every model of the Nexus 5 (North American model at least) has it. My thought process here though, is I don't know where on the Nexus 5 that "com.lge.SprintHiddenMenu/.sprintspec.Debug" points to, but if we found the corresponding location on our Moto X, we could find out if any menu like it exists, and if so, the name. We could then proceed to run that command in an adb shell, modifying the name of the menu accordingly. Now, I don't know all there is to know about all of this, so if I said something stupid, please forgive me. Just trying to help out a bit, and also wouldn't mind access to this menu (if it exists) for tinkering purposes.