Play store doesnt download apps

Search This thread

madroamer

Jun 8, 2013
Hi

i rooted Nexus 5 CF Auto Root. post that i cant use play store. it loads works fine. but i cant download any app from it. wen search for app and click instal it keeps on loading and doesnt download or instal. wat is the issue ? prob bcas of rooting. kindly help immed !!!!!

i used sttings - apps - play store - clear cache. even then same state

simms22

Recognized Contributor - R.I.P
Jun 4, 2009
BROOKLYN!
www.androidcommunity.com
Hi

i rooted Nexus 5 CF Auto Root. post that i cant use play store. it loads works fine. but i cant download any app from it. wen search for app and click instal it keeps on loading and doesnt download or instal. wat is the issue ? prob bcas of rooting. kindly help immed !!!!!

i used sttings - apps - play store - clear cache. even then same state

clearing cache wont do anything. clear the play store app data, then reboot. root has nothing to do with the playstore. all root does is give you superuser permission to access/change files files in your phone. hows your data connection? are you on wifi? if you are on wifi, try it while on mobile data.

weirddan455

Mar 24, 2012
I'm having the same issue. I just unlocked the bootloader (but haven't rooted yet) which required a data wipe. Everything booted back up fine but now I have a bunch of preloaded apps that need updates but Google Play won't update them. They just act like they're downloading for a second and then one by one fail and go back to the list of apps that need updating.

Also, I just checked and I can't download new apps either. It says for example: "Angry Birds" could not be downloaded due to an error (920)

Surely this can't be due to unlocking the bootloader. I've flashed tons of ROMs to my old Galaxy Nexus and never run into anything like this. Maybe Google is having issues on their end at the moment?

weirddan455

Mar 24, 2012
Seems to be working now. I cleared the data/cache on Google Play and Download Manager... didn't work. Rebooted about 5 times... didn't work. Factory Reset... didn't work. Repeated all of the above... didn't work. But I just clicked "update" for the 50th time and it's actually working now out of the blue :confused: