[Q] EZ-Unlock & friend bricked my phone, help needed

Search This thread

omeadsthename

Aug 13, 2013
My friend decided to use the EZ-Unlock app(link below) that unlocks the bootloader for the verizon galaxy s3 on my i747 and well it is now a brick, is there anything i can do to fix this without a JTAG?

jack man

Nov 8, 2009
My friend decided to use the EZ-Unlock app(link below) that unlocks the bootloader for the verizon galaxy s3 on my i747 and well it is now a brick, is there anything i can do to fix this without a JTAG?

yes, take him outside and beat the crap out of him. Then take his money and go get a new phone.

Other than that, I don't know.

Can you access download mode or recovery?

Last edited:
Reactions: omeadsthename

omeadsthename

Aug 13, 2013
yes, take him outside and beat the crap out of him. Then take his money and go get a new phone.

No I cannot, my friend(parklane79) and I actually found a method, it seems promising but i need to try it out first. :D

im not afforded the link rights yet but the title is "Fixing a bootloader-bricked Galaxy S3 using an SD card (Qualcomm SGS3 variants)" and a more simpler guide for n00bs(although not a complete n00b been doing this for a few years now :good: ) like myself, "[GUIDE]Unbrick a Hard Bricked SPRINT Galaxy S3 (Without JTAG)" but for the second guide you need to grab the i747 debrick.img off the first page of the first guide.

omeadsthename

Aug 13, 2013
No I cannot, my friend(parklane79) and I actually found a method, it seems promising but i need to try it out first. :D

im not afforded the link rights yet but the title is "Fixing a bootloader-bricked Galaxy S3 using an SD card (Qualcomm SGS3 variants)" and a more simpler guide for n00bs(although not a complete n00b been doing this for a few years now :good: ) like myself, "[GUIDE]Unbrick a Hard Bricked SPRINT Galaxy S3 (Without JTAG)" but for the second guide you need to grab the i747 debrick.img off the first page of the first guide.

Yea tried with a class 10 16g micro sd like a million times and it wont work.and i think its because i dont have the 4.4.2 img if some one could help me out by uploading it. u et the img via busybox dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0 of=/sdcard/backup.bin bs=1M count=70

yowski

Jan 20, 2014
are you %100 certain it's the AT&T 4.3 debrick.img? did you put it on the SD card using win32diskimager?

omeadsthename

Aug 13, 2013
So the phone won't power on at all? Can't get into download or recovery?

The phone won't even vibrate. Wish i could get to DL/Recovery mode. :/

are you %100 certain it's the AT&T 4.3 debrick.img? did you put it on the SD card using win32diskimager?

im 100% sure. the issue is tho that i was on 4.4.2 and dont know it an i747(AT&T) 4.3 debrick.img has the same handshake/protocol whatever you want to call it as a 4.4.2 debrick.img I tried it out tho anyways. but in short yes im 100% sure it was a 4.3 debrick img. And yes I did use win32diskimager. I tried once on linux mint but i believe the file corrupted so i just ended up using win32DM. I mean they are supposed to do the same thing, if im not mistaken

yowski

Jan 20, 2014
The phone won't even vibrate. Wish i could get to DL/Recovery mode. :/

im 100% sure. the issue is tho that i was on 4.4.2 and dont know it an i747(AT&T) 4.3 debrick.img has the same handshake/protocol whatever you want to call it as a 4.4.2 debrick.img I tried it out tho anyways. but in short yes im 100% sure it was a 4.3 debrick img. And yes I did use win32diskimager. I tried once on linux mint but i believe the file corrupted so i just ended up using win32DM. I mean they are supposed to do the same thing, if im not mistaken

when you plug it into the computer does anything come up? also, when you plug it in with no battery do you get a red LED?

yowski

Jan 20, 2014
Yes my comp tries to install that one qualcomm driver. and when i plug in without battery a red LED comes on.

Then you should be able to use a debrick.img. are you using an sd card the same size as your phone's internal memory? if you had it on 4.4.2 then you might need a debrick.img from someone with the same phone on the same network running 4.4.2?

omeadsthename

Aug 13, 2013
Then you should be able to use a debrick.img. are you using an sd card the same size as your phone's internal memory? if you had it on 4.4.2 then you might need a debrick.img from someone with the same phone on the same network running 4.4.2?

yes i am using same size card. and i have been asking all over for a 4.4.2 debrick img but no one has uploaded.

yowski

Jan 20, 2014
yes i am using same size card. and i have been asking all over for a 4.4.2 debrick img but no one has uploaded.

sounds like you're stuck until you get that .img file. If you know someone with the same phone you could maybe get them to install 4.4.2 and get the file from them? otherwise keep asking around or wait until 4.4.2 is released for the s3, which might take a while.

omeadsthename

Aug 13, 2013
sounds like you're stuck until you get that .img file. If you know someone with the same phone you could maybe get them to install 4.4.2 and get the file from them? otherwise keep asking around or wait until 4.4.2 is released for the s3, which might take a while.

Unfortunately kids at my high school are afraid of rooting, so xda is basically my only bet. Im just surprised that some sr member hasnt added a debrick img to their threads. I mean its 4.4 and this is android central!

yowski

Jan 20, 2014

I did, it was on CM 10.2 when i had flashed improper bootloaders and bricked it. I used the sd card to install 4.3, unroot+ reset flash counter then took it out so it went back to bricked. My only fear is that they may some how get it into download mode instead of just replacing the board and see the warranty bit: 1 which isnt able to be reset as it is an e-fuse which is blown when you install firmware without knox.

omeadsthename

Aug 13, 2013
I did, it was on CM 10.2 when i had flashed improper bootloaders and bricked it. I used the sd card to install 4.3, unroot+ reset flash counter then took it out so it went back to bricked. My only fear is that they may some how get it into download mode instead of just replacing the board and see the warranty bit: 1 which isnt able to be reset as it is an e-fuse which is blown when you install firmware without knox.

Are you using the samsung warranty of AT&T? And also if the sd card is working for u cant you just use odin to flash? Or does the sd card not fix any bootloader issues?

yowski

Jan 20, 2014
Are you using the samsung warranty of AT&T? And also if the sd card is working for u cant you just use odin to flash? Or does the sd card not fix any bootloader issues?

im sending in it through bell mobility. it was a replacement phone that i paid the $150 deductable on and has a 90 warranty. I said it was having issues/defective so they sent an s4 as free replacement on the 90 day. I prefer it to be bricked to fit the defective description as well as to decrease the chances of them finding out i had messed with it, the only real sign being "warranty bit: 1" in red on the download screen. I did use odin to flash the current 4.3 stock that it has right now, and i might be able to get it to boot without the card if i flash the bootloaders some more despite having done it twice and the card still being required. Like i said though, i prefer it hard bricked and i've erased every sign other than warranty bit: 1 that i messed with it by installing stock, unrooting, and resetting flash counter.

omeadsthename

Aug 13, 2013
im sending in it through bell mobility. it was a replacement phone that i paid the $150 deductable on and has a 90 warranty. I said it was having issues/defective so they sent an s4 as free replacement on the 90 day. I prefer it to be bricked to fit the defective description as well as to decrease the chances of them finding out i had messed with it, the only real sign being "warranty bit: 1" in red on the download screen. I did use odin to flash the current 4.3 stock that it has right now, and i might be able to get it to boot without the card if i flash the bootloaders some more despite having done it twice and the card still being required. Like i said though, i prefer it hard bricked and i've erased every sign other than warranty bit: 1 that i messed with it by installing stock, unrooting, and resetting flash counter.

hmm i wish i could do that to my phone too. i mean, i dont even know how i would unroot without getting my phone on. but if im this hard bricked they probs cant tell anyways. im guessing?

carl fuller

May 18, 2014
uz unlock HARD BRICKING S3'S

I DID THE SAME THING ! but i used debrick (i535 vzw 4.3 ) and it pattially worked at least it will recovery and odin but i think it needs to be the 40 mbps type card the black micro would not work for me , then i flashed the wrong recovery and am starting all over but the debrick still getting me into odin thats ware you will sideload the right recovery and firmware ,rom what ever hope ( i even paid for cdma work shop and it aint did jack ) debrick then odin sideload look it up thats the best i got

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.