[GUIDE] [UPDATED] Dual Booting on KitKat/JB ROM's [NOOB Friendly] [GT-I9100]

Search This thread

TimAnd

Jul 20, 2010
Sarajevo

marjune23

Sep 1, 2011
Not correct. It didn't work until I applied maliv2 patch to KK ROM. Thank you anyway, that's beyond this thread.
if you're looking for a dualboot thread that will let stock 4.1.2 with other rom, check my siggy mate...it says NeatRom but it will work also for other rom...just replaced the NeatRom name from my procedure by the name of the Rom you want to install...

Or check @nik60's siggy for other procedure...

Mali v2 is needed in kk rom when we use dorimanx branch 8 to dualboot roms. That mean we have at least , one 4.1.2 rom in our dualboot. If not, we use branch 10

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk
oh yeah Dualboot/aroma master is here...you're everywhere mate...
Thanks a big for being there for us always...

sorry for the mistake guys..i have never tried stock with dual boot..
It's ok mate...nobody is perfect...so chill...

A lesson learned here is, be careful with the answers we provide for the users...
Specially if we're not sure of our answer...;)

My tapatalk Signature

Reactions: nik60 and -Chill

-Chill

Oct 9, 2013
[ DC ]
It's ok mate...nobody is perfect...so chill...

A lesson learned here is, be careful with the answers we provide for the users...
Specially if we're not sure of our answer...;)

My tapatalk Signature

Yeah. Just Chill. ;)

Reactions: marjune23

areynoldsnz

Mar 30, 2011
Christchurch
Mali v2 is needed in kk rom when we use dorimanx branch 8 to dualboot roms. That mean we have at least , one 4.1.2 rom in our dualboot. If not, we use branch 10

So in order to dualboot like you are with Samsung based 4.1.2 as primary ROM, and CM11 KitKat as Secondary Rom we have to apply the Maliv2 patch to the Secondary ROM? And must use Dorimanx branch 8. Is that right?

Reactions: Troubadour666

marjune23

Sep 1, 2011
So in order to dualboot like you are with Samsung based 4.1.2 as primary ROM, and CM11 KitKat as Secondary Rom we have to apply the Maliv2 patch to the Secondary ROM? And must use Dorimanx branch 8. Is that right?

Exactly

My tapatalk Signature

Reactions: Troubadour666

banjara

Mar 31, 2014
Bangalore
Thanks for the guide with easy steps.

I am on Cyanfox KK Rom and I flashed Dori 10.43xxx. I tried Ehndroix and C-Rom installations on secondary Roms but somehow it never booted to the secondary Roms. It was either stuch at the Dori main screen or even if it passed that screen, it did not boot the 2nd Rom.

Then I tried cloning the 1st rom to 2nd rom and it worked well. Could boot to 2nd rom and make calls and stuff.

Finally I tried to install another Rom, this time AOSB (from Sooti) and it worked.
Any guess what I might have done the first 2 times? AFAIK, I followed the exact same steps all 3 times (with 3 different Roms) but only the AOSB could boot as a 2nd Rom.

EDIT: Whoa! Just tried your whatsapp trick and it worked. Really appreciate your efforts in coming up with this guide dude. :)

Last edited:

hawaiisteve

Nov 15, 2013
Cebu City
Hi guys. I've been on dori kernels for awhile now but never tried dual booting. Decided to give it a try because this thread makes it sound so easy. I'm currently running slimsaber as primary ROM and its great. Followed the op and flashed C ROM for secondary but keep getting status 7 abort. If I remember correctly, that was usually due to flashing with wrong recovery, but I'm using 10.43 v107, so that shouldn't be a problem. Am I doing something stupidly wrong? I'm following the op to the letter and it SEEMS really easy and straight forward...

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda app-developers app

banjara

Mar 31, 2014
Bangalore
Even I could not install c-rom. Not even resurrection or beanstalk. AOSB and ehndroix worked for me though.. I m on 10.43v100

Try cloning your first ROM to second.. If that works only then you can be sure.

Sent from my GT-I9100

banjara

Mar 31, 2014
Bangalore
Moved to Dori 10.43v109.. This time installed c-rom with micro gapps package and it booted this time. Last time I installed gapps full package and it never booted up. So am I correct in assuming that it was a problem due to huge gapps package?

Sent from my GT-N8000 using xda app-developers app

hawaiisteve

Nov 15, 2013
Cebu City
Even I could not install c-rom. Not even resurrection or beanstalk. AOSB and ehndroix worked for me though.. I m on 10.43v100

Try cloning your first ROM to second.. If that works only then you can be sure.

Sent from my GT-I9100

Thanks for the advice. I was able to clone 1st ROM to 2nd with no problem. However. I still can't flash 2nd ROM. I tried c ROM again and then neatkat and finally slimsaber (even though that's my primary). All give abort due to status 7. I'm hesitant to try another kernel version because v107 is performing great. Anything else I can try or other advice?

banjara

Mar 31, 2014
Bangalore
Thanks for the advice. I was able to clone 1st ROM to 2nd with no problem. However. I still can't flash 2nd ROM. I tried c ROM again and then neatkat and finally slimsaber (even though that's my primary). All give abort due to status 7. I'm hesitant to try another kernel version because v107 is performing great. Anything else I can try or other advice?

The only other advice i have got is to try the slim/micro/mini/minimal gapps package with the rom you try as secondary

hawaiisteve

Nov 15, 2013
Cebu City
The only other advice i have got is to try the slim/micro/mini/minimal gapps package with the rom you try as secondary

Actually been flashing without gapps. Just wanted to try other ROMs using dual boot. Oh well. Guess I'll try it the conventional way. Thanks for the reply!

banjara

Mar 31, 2014
Bangalore
Actually been flashing without gapps. Just wanted to try other ROMs using dual boot. Oh well. Guess I'll try it the conventional way. Thanks for the reply!

is it just this rom which is giving you troubles or others too? i am getting a feeling that its due to a wrong zip or something

hawaiisteve

Nov 15, 2013
Cebu City
is it just this rom which is giving you troubles or others too? i am getting a feeling that its due to a wrong zip or something

I've tried 3 different ROMs and also the original zip for slimsaber which I'm using now as my primary. All same. Aborted due to status 7. Not really worried about it though. I'm very happy with my current setup. Was just getting a little itchy to flash something. You know us flashaholics...haha

banjara

Mar 31, 2014
Bangalore
I've tried 3 different ROMs and also the original zip for slimsaber which I'm using now as my primary. All same. Aborted due to status 7. Not really worried about it though. I'm very happy with my current setup. Was just getting a little itchy to flash something. You know us flashaholics...haha

i understand the itch brother.. i myself had almost 5 roms to try as secondary and couldnt make 3 of them work. its still nagging me why the other 3 didnt work but i am glad that i made the dualboot work finally(which isnt rocket science from the start) ;)

however, apart from flashing & testing other roms without losing current setup, i personally do not see much advantage of having a dual boot. It totally sounds cool though :D

hawaiisteve

Nov 15, 2013
Cebu City
i understand the itch brother.. i myself had almost 5 roms to try as secondary and couldnt make 3 of them work. its still nagging me why the other 3 didnt work but i am glad that i made the dualboot work finally(which isnt rocket science from the start) ;)

however, apart from flashing & testing other roms without losing current setup, i personally do not see much advantage of having a dual boot. It totally sounds cool though :D

The only thing that's really making me wonder is why is it status 7? Is that the same failure you had?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Welcome to the NOOB Friendly GUIDE to DUAL BOOT KitKat/JellyBean Roms on Samsung Galaxy S2!!
    I know there already many guides on how to dual boot, but I found them confusing and wanted to clean out the process

Prerequisites :

1) Need Atleast 2.5 GB free on Internal Storage
    2) Download the 1st Rom (Primary Rom) and save it on any storage on your phone
    3) Download Latest Dorimanx Test Kernel v10.xx.xx from Here - http://www.dorimanx.com/beta-test/
    4) Download the 2nd Rom (Secondary Rom) and save it on any storage on your phone

Steps :
    1)Make sure you are on a KitKat Compatible Recovery
    2) Flash any KitKat/JB ROM (along with GAPPS etc.) you want as your Primary ROM
    3) Reboot and check weather the ROM is working fine.
    4) Reboot to Recovery
    5) Flash Dorimanx v10.43.xx Kernel you downloaded earlier
    6) Go to advanced in CWM recovery and Reboot Recovery
    7) Go to dual boot options in new CWM and select Wipe 2nd ROM data/cache (takes 5-10 minutes)
    8) Then select Wipe 2nd ROM dalvik-cache
    9) After that Install 2nd ROM from Internal SD card or External SD card and flash the 2nd ROM.
    10) Reboot System and Enjoy :laugh:

NOTE : FOR Updating Roms check next post :D

PLEASE HIT THE THANKS BUTTON :good:

Credits :

@nik60 for his thread
    @eskriminal and @dorimanx for Kernel
    @Troubadour666 for Patches
    And any others i forgot to mention

Updating the Primary ROM :
    1) Download the Updated ROM Zip File and Reboot into Recovery
    2) Wipe Cache and Dalvik Cache
    3) Install ROM update Zip file (followed by GAPPS etc.)
    4) Reflash Dorimanx Kernel
    5) Reboot
    6) Done :D

Updating the Secondary ROM :
    1) Download the Updated ROM Zip File to your phone
    2) Reboot into recovery and go to dual boot options
    3) Wipe 2nd ROM Dalvik Cache
    7) Install the ROM update Zip file ( along with GAPPS etc.)
    8) Reboot and Done :D

Use WhatsApp on both ROM's Simultaneously

1) Make sure you have WhatsApp properly running on your Primary ROM
    2) Install Titanium Backup from Play Store on Primary ROM
    3) Open Titianium Backup and Backup WhatsApp
    4) Boot to your Secondary ROM and install WhatsApp from PlayStore (Only Install dont open the App)
    5) Install Titianium Backup in Secondary ROM also and Open it
    6) Restore WhatsApp Data via Titanium Backup
    7) Done - Now you can use WhatsApp on both ROM without any problems :D

Whooooa ;) :good::good::good:

i update my paches sometimes :)

But users, please be carrefull , as OP mentioned, only take META-INF folder from my paches, not system folder which have only MALI V2 lib to dualboot KK roms and JB SAMMY STOCK 4.1.2 with DorimanX 8.43vXX, another personal method i use.

From OP we have :
    4) Copy META-INF folder from the patch you downloaded to the 2nd ROM Zip by using drag and drop (without extracting)

thanks.

Hi.
    Remove some apk from gapps.zip before flash or choose another gapps more light. I think its the pb. I use 'micro' gapps on RR 5.0.3

Thanks