99.99% work east asian fonts support (incl. chinese, japanese & korean) and locale

Search This thread

Xyam

Dec 30, 2007
99.99% work east asian fonts support (incl. chinese, japanese & korean) and locale

hi friends,

i've made a cab to view chinese, japanese and korean for windows mobile (tested on my Xperia X2 WM6.5.3 and should be working fine with other versions). just install the <East Asian Fonts Support.cab> and do a soft reset. if you want to input chinese, i suggest using baidu input, plumsip or qq pinyin.

if you face difficulties in reading emails and browsing using ie, you may also need to install <Reloadnls.cab> to have the necessary code pages. ce star is using old wince.nls so please do NOT use ce star for your device or you will brick it. since wm6.5.3, the codes pages are no longer saved in registry but in wince.nls. the wince.nls is extracted from a taiwan rom (wm6.5.3) of x2.

please remember to do a full backup before installing the cabs!!

by the way does anyone have the latest wm6.5 rom for Xperia X2? many thanks!

for any issues or problems please feel free to let me know.

Attachments

• Screen01.jpg
    Screen01.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 1,198

digue

Jan 9, 2011
can I Remove reload

Thanks a lot for your post, for Opera and IE it works great, but for outlook it still shows square, in this case can i use add/remove program to correct outlook?

Thanks.

Xyam

Dec 30, 2007
Thanks a lot for your post, for Opera and IE it works great, but for outlook it still shows square, in this case can i use add/remove program to correct outlook?

Thanks.

in this case you need to choose the correct coding (e.g. unicode, BIG5, etc) for the email message, or the messages contain wrong coding which cannot be displayed correctly.

minikitty2004

Oct 10, 2009
I am able to use these on my touch pro 2 with customized ROMS. It works very well until I tried to input Chinese. For all the Chinese input methods I tried, the menu of the input methods display blocks. Do you know a solution to this problem?

x2h

Jun 22, 2007
you scared me. i installed CE Star (including pinyin input method) after flashing a 6.5.3 rom, and it displays chinese fonts correctly in IE, Opera, Outlook, AlReader, etc. But some fonts in S2P are messed up. But no way it would brick my Samsung Omnia2.

solnt

Jun 17, 2010
hi,
I installed your .cad but i faced two things:
1 - Using Opera 9.7 and i can't view japanese in google search result page, but i can view japanese when click on the link and go to target page.i do not know why :(
2 - Using Ressco keyboard pro 6.0, setting up second language is japanese, switch to japan keyboard and only square with a question mark within of the keypad showed up.
please help me get through this.

Thanks

52pda

Mar 17, 2011
It works pretty good!

I have searched this for quite a while, thanks for shareing.

Syaoran

Jan 15, 2008
Thank you :)

I've been looking for something like this. My OmniaII originally came from Hong Kong, but after I flashed it with Energy/MS Team ROMs, I lost support for east asian languages. Loading Meiryo fonts didn't help (primarily need Japanese support) much and worked very randomly. I'll give your method a try :)

By the way, do you know a good ime for Japanese? I've used ookii's, but I don't always have my stylus and sometimes I don't remember a kanji ^^'
I've tried CE-Star 2.8R3C, but it broke more than it fixed D: Thank god you try their software before you buy :eek:

Isn't it possible to rip the IME from a Japanese Windows Mobile 6.5(.3) unit? Something like the one used on Toshiba's or Samsung Omnia I, which actually got a Japanese version?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

hi friends,

i've made a cab to view chinese, japanese and korean for windows mobile (tested on my Xperia X2 WM6.5.3 and should be working fine with other versions). just install the <East Asian Fonts Support.cab> and do a soft reset. if you want to input chinese, i suggest using baidu input, plumsip or qq pinyin.

if you face difficulties in reading emails and browsing using ie, you may also need to install <Reloadnls.cab> to have the necessary code pages. ce star is using old wince.nls so please do NOT use ce star for your device or you will brick it. since wm6.5.3, the codes pages are no longer saved in registry but in wince.nls. the wince.nls is extracted from a taiwan rom (wm6.5.3) of x2.

please remember to do a full backup before installing the cabs!!

by the way does anyone have the latest wm6.5 rom for Xperia X2? many thanks!

for any issues or problems please feel free to let me know.
    Any chance for a japanese language pack?

it supposes to be able to display Japanese.
    my device shows Japanese correctly.