Search This thread

jojimail

Oct 9, 2011
Trivandrum, Kerala
Is it possible to get HWA working with Apex Launcher in latest Quarx's build? Adding it to white list gives no results (there's no gradient) however, it works with other apps.

I dont think Apex Launcher works with HWA (Or any other ICS launcher). The build.prop gives a list of programs that should be launched with HWA enabled. As per a piece of source code written by Quarx (saw in github) all launchers are initalized without HWA even if they are added to whitelist (Confirmation Required). But Epsylon's build (froyo) has working launcher HWA. Maybe some issue with GB kernel that Quarx decided to block HWA in launchers in the source code itself.

Correct me if I am wrong:eek:

niksy+

Jan 16, 2012
Almost feels like Boosted and Conservative are switched... Using Boosted there is a very nice spread of CPU speeds, Conservative is all or nothing - deep sleep or max CPU.

Sounds wrong?

If you read the "CPU Governors explained" thread, you will see that that's the way it's meant to be :) Conservative uses min and max frequencies, while smartass/smartass2/boostedass uses all the frequencies.

with boosted the phone felt a bit laggy .. since the phone is using all frequencies, it cannot be speedier than if it spends most time maxed out.

but of course the battery life was better ..

CPU Governors explained

Anybody knows why the SIO scheduler isn't in this build? Would like to give it a shot...

nogoodusername, c'mon, tell us how to get the panorama working! :p

hackergnome

Apr 21, 2011
Bengaluru
alright so u just gotta keep going to panorama
in first 2 tries ull get black or static images... u just gotta keep exiting and keep going to camera then panorama... it takes 2 or 3 tries... eventually ull get working preview and u can then click...
I know its not reliable... but works...
also once u get it working u can click as many pics u want but u once u close the app u gotta do it again...

Sent from my MB526 using xda premium

neo.ank

Apr 28, 2011
alright so u just gotta keep going to panorama
in first 2 tries ull get black or static images... u just gotta keep exiting and keep going to camera then panorama... it takes 2 or 3 tries... eventually ull get working preview and u can then click...
I know its not reliable... but works...
also once u get it working u can click as many pics u want but u once u close the app u gotta do it again...

Sent from my MB526 using xda premium

Ohkk.. I'll give it a try..

Doesn't matter from where I send it, what matters is written above

sdriverz

Apr 19, 2012
It means that if you keep trying something that looks like impossible or unreachable, you will get it.

Keep trying start panorama after app crashing sounds like non sense, but I did and it worked :)

I'm going back to ICS next week... Lets keep trying!

pranks1989

Nov 24, 2011
Ontario
Anybody knows why the SIO scheduler isn't in this build? Would like to give it a shot...

I can see sio is enabled from his codes

That's not really what I get from this post wrt conservative

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=26329039

Yes!!! Infact strange enough after conservative my phone stays either sleep or 1000MHz.. Since scaling modules are binaries I guess theyare forked from CM so should be common for all! Dunno why this is happening.... I will switch to smartass now and see the difference...

vrl13

Apr 29, 2012
Bucuresti
Pb. Flash Player

Thank you for the link. However you are slightly missing the point here - i was actually able to push Flash installation but only from a browser, not directly from the Google Play application, that's all. My problem is that even after instalation, it's not working - and it used to, at some point, in Dolphin Browser.

@apurvdate

Opera Mini dont support flash content..its designed for just browsing on low bandwidth (data first pulled to opera servers & then compressed version sent to mobile client)
Opera Mobile will support flash but not till we get proper HW acclrtion..

So i'm guessing Opera is out of the question. Excellent point though, thank you! (button pressed)
I'll try to see if i can get the functionality back in Dolphin Browser - as i said above, it used to work at some un-reproductible point in the past (an earlier nightly build)

@Shubhamqweasd

for me flash works on every browser , without any lag also on opera mobile .
m using epsy's 19/05 rom with flash fix given by some user on eppy's thread , i could'nt find that post again , so i am attaching the file ,

Thank you for it' i will try it.

NishantM

Sep 20, 2008
Mumbai
Anyone noticing weaker wifi signal on the defy+ build? I switched from quarx's cm7 to the latest cm9 build just yesterday and noticed that the wifi signal strength has become poor than before.

sdriverz

Apr 19, 2012
Anyone noticing weaker wifi signal on the defy+ build? I switched from quarx's cm7 to the latest cm9 build just yesterday and noticed that the wifi signal strength has become poor than before.

On my defy red lens I saw the same, but I realized that the signal isn't actually weaker. Is just the the signal's indicator that shows poor signal, but my wifi have been working just like the same.

mick711

Dec 30, 2010
Joncy
On my defy red lens I saw the same, but I realized that the signal isn't actually weaker. Is just the the signal's indicator that shows poor signal, but my wifi have been working just like the same.

For me to Defy MB525 Bayer Device .
Some FC with camera today and lag, but it's possible because i use supercharger or other apps or just wiped cache but i think it's good to have fresh install after lot of update :)

duendetuc

Jun 16, 2011
Tucuman
bug:

On the latest Quarx's Defy+ builds my phone don't get deepsleep mode when is connected to wifi network. It works as it should only at 2G and 3G.

I tried all kernels and governors.

Is anyone having the same problem?

Mettanine

Oct 19, 2011
nope, can't confirm that. I'm on WLAN most of the time and am now at 52% battery left after two days without charging, which is just amazing. I haven't checked whether it's going to deep sleep or not but it has to... otherwise it would lost power much more quickly I guess.

P.S. I'm on default settings... never played with the CPU settings at all.

(sent from mobile device)

tames

Dec 29, 2011
budapest
Hello

my phone is randomly shuts down, however the battery has 92%. Battery fix 2 applied. Defy.Bayer
Any idea?

Last edited:

Auris 1.6 vvt-i

Oct 5, 2011
Plovdiv
As I said, my phone gets a lot of beat up daily :D LOL. It is always under heavy use - wifi always on, syncing 4 e-mails, facebook, G+, phone calls, viber, constantly flashing new zip's and testing stuff... I usually charge my phone every night, but... Tonight, after a lot of heavy use again and over 15 hours since unpluged, my phone is at 56% :D Was at 62 before I started testing new splash screens, that I created... :)

I face an issue (which might have been created as a feature) in boot menu and in recovery. In older versions, 1 click of the volume buttons would only move one line at a time - no matter up or down; then I had to release the button and press again. Now, when I press and hold, it starts scrolling infinitely until I release the button... :eek: which should be good, but sometimes I find it hard to stop the marker at the correct line. Anybody experiencing the same behavior? Or are my volume buttons going south on me? :(

P.S. Since I mentioned Splash screen, here is what I put together as a piece of appreciation to our dev's... :D

If you like it, you can flash the zip through CWM. :)

Attachments

• LogoReplacer_L.zip
    421.2 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    OK, guys, since adi4motion's thread got locked and the new thread turned into SPAM without any useful information and got moved to the General section, we don't have a thread for Quarx's GB builds. Therefore I am creating this thread to keep track of Quarx's builds. I will do my best to keep it as up-to-date as humanly possible.

NB! This thread does not aim to collect "Thanks". I'd rather answer to questions here, where everyone can benefit from the answers, than having to answer the same questions over and over again on PM.

I'm not taking any credit for this! Please, do not thank me! If you want to thank somebody, thank Quarx, Epsylon3 and maniac103, as they are the ones, responsible for all that! Better yet, you can consider some donations to them for all their continuous efforts!:​

Quarx - donations
    Epsylon - donations
    maniac103 - donations

Also, consider thanking:
    adi4motion, parts of whose old thread I am using in this and
    nogoodusername, who has been keeping track of bugs and has helped many people get their phones up and running. (Please forgive me if I have missed to give credit to somebody).

Defy+ Builds
    Latest Defy+ build: 16-July-2012
    Older Defy+ builds: here

Defy Builds
    Latest Defy build: 16-July-2012
    Older Defy builds: here

Flashing instructions​
    NB! Before you start flashing, make sure your battery is charged at least at 50% (fully charged recommended)!​

1. Download your preferred build and put it on your SD card
    2. Download your preferred kernel and put it on your SD card (skip this step if you own Defy+)

3. Download the latest gapps and put it on your SD card

Head over to Stable recovery from Boot menu
    4. Wipe data/factory reset (only if doing a fresh install; skip if upgrading from an earlier Nightly) (Optionally you can make a Nandroid backup before wiping data)
    5. Wipe cache partition (you can skip this step if you performed Step 4)
    6. Wipe Dalvik cache

7. Install Froyo kernel if you are flashing the Defy build (ex. if you own a green-lensed Defy) or a GB kernel if you are flashing the Defy+ build (ex. if you own a red-lensed Defy ) (Skip if you own Defy+!)
    8. Install your Nightly build
    9. Install gapps
    10. Install ICS Defy Red Lense Battery fix (only if you have Defy with red lense)
    11. Wipe cache and Dalvik cache; Reboot.

NB! First boot may take up to 10 minutes.

After you have flashed CM9 kernel and your system booted up, you can try flashing the 4.5.2_DHT-22 kernel (mandatory on top of CM9) - some users have found it to be more battery efficient.

Upgrading nightlies

1. Install new nightly build
    2. Wipe cache and dalvik cache (optional)
    3. Reboot

+ICS bugs (all kernel versions) http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1381887

Bugs/not working yet

- managed mode tethering still does not work

Apex Launcher as system app​

For a really smooth and snappy launcher experience, I recommend using Apex launcher and adding it to the whitelist in your build.prop file.

1. Download Apex.apk file
    2. Via root explorer place it in /system/app
    3. Set its permissions to 0644 (rw-r--r--)
    4. Reboot and enjoy your smooth and snappy launcher :)

If I have missed some useful information, you can PM me and I'll do my best to add it within 24 hours and credit you for this!

Here are some screenshots:
    Jellybean started on defy! :)
    lookscreen awesome!
    Some progress with 4.1 http://epsy.ath.cx:888/paste/?639 :D
    so close... soon it should work, i think :)
    New build support HwaSettings app.
    Fixed gray videos. :)
    fyi, new defy+ build at http://quarx2k.ru/cm9-nightly-defy+ ... let me check it out, I thought I saw something about app2sd in the commits..
    Yes, option for install on SD card now available :)