[Q] LG g2 d802 Serial number gone

Search This thread

primary_lotus

Nov 18, 2005
Hi, i brought a used LG G2 with USB cable, earphones and charger but nothing else, no box or anything... rooted the phone today and saw a new update available to download but for some stupid reason i cant update the phone on my Computer, tried on my phone and it said "your phone is not registered yet" so i went to the LG website to register the phone but couldnt fill in the serial number part since i dont know where the hell is it, since i dont have the box of the phone and theres nothing on the back just next to the LG logo i couldnt registered the phone and now im actually worried since not having the serial number might be really bad i guess, and the worst part is that i cant get in touch with the guy who sold it to me.

My question is, is it rly bad not having the serial number ? is there a way i can get it back somehow ? can i update the phone anyway without having to flash or somthing "dont have much knowledge on that"?

Thx in advance.

mooserov

Dec 5, 2013
Hi, i brought a used LG G2 with USB cable, earphones and charger but nothing else, no box or anything... rooted the phone today and saw a new update available to download but for some stupid reason i cant update the phone on my Computer, tried on my phone and it said "your phone is not registered yet" so i went to the LG website to register the phone but couldnt fill in the serial number part since i dont know where the hell is it, since i dont have the box of the phone and theres nothing on the back just next to the LG logo i couldnt registered the phone and now im actually worried since not having the serial number might be really bad i guess, and the worst part is that i cant get in touch with the guy who sold it to me.

My question is, is it rly bad not having the serial number ? is there a way i can get it back somehow ? can i update the phone anyway without having to flash or somthing "dont have much knowledge on that"?

Thx in advance.

you should have the imei number on a white sticker on the back of the phone. that will be as good as a serial number to your carrier.

primary_lotus

Nov 18, 2005
thats the problem, i dont have that sticker.... the previous owner must´ve taken it out or somthing but i can check my imei anytime, i just cant see where is the serial number.

theDroidfanatic

Apr 24, 2012
Jeddah
www.twitter.com
thats the problem, i dont have that sticker.... the previous owner must´ve taken it out or somthing but i can check my imei anytime, i just cant see where is the serial number.

Go to settings, about phone, and somewhere there you will find your IMEI, write it down somewhere and then try?

Sent from my LG-D802 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: primary_lotus

eyeisdasteve

Dec 19, 2010
Massachusetts
If you take the back cover off of the device. There should be a sticker inside with the serial number on it.

Also if you take the last number off the imei that should work.

Sent from my LG-G2 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: primary_lotus

primary_lotus

Nov 18, 2005
hey, took the back cover off but cant find it, maybe its under the battery but i wont touch there or i might do somthing that ill regret later, tried to put 1 less imei number on serial thingy but its not working aswell.
thx anyway for reply

primary_lotus

Nov 18, 2005
hey, after some tought i decided to put CM11 on this phone since i couldnt update it anyway, now... when i go to settings/about phone/status i can see my serial number there.
Is it my real serial number ? or just some serial number from the rom itself? sry i dont have much knowledge on this stuff.

eyeisdasteve

Dec 19, 2010
Massachusetts
hey, after some tought i decided to put CM11 on this phone since i couldnt update it anyway, now... when i go to settings/about phone/status i can see my serial number there.
Is it my real serial number ? or just some serial number from the rom itself? sry i dont have much knowledge on this stuff.

Should be the real serial number.

Sorry the other stuff didnt work.

But that should be it!

OrionBG

Sep 21, 2004
London, UK
Xiaomi Mix Fold 2

Hi
Have you found a way to fix the "Your phone is not registered yet" problem?

06VJ

Oct 30, 2013
I facing the issue of not registered yet..

My LG g2 is giving an error of your phone not yet registered.. I cant update my phone to Kitkat.. I dont want root the device.. Please help...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    hey, took the back cover off but cant find it, maybe its under the battery but i wont touch there or i might do somthing that ill regret later, tried to put 1 less imei number on serial thingy but its not working aswell.
    thx anyway for reply

Should be the real serial number.

Sorry the other stuff didnt work.

But that should be it!

Go to settings, about phone, and somewhere there you will find your IMEI, write it down somewhere and then try?

Sent from my LG-D802 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    Thx anyway but it doesnt work, just because imei is and serial number are 2 completely diferent thing.
    If you take the back cover off of the device. There should be a sticker inside with the serial number on it.

Also if you take the last number off the imei that should work.