[Q]is it harmful to use more powerful battery?

Search This thread

asifemon0

Jan 29, 2014
Dhaka
My phn manufacturer has given me 1600mhz battery.now my question is,can i use more powerful battery?
Like 2000mhz? Or more piwerful one?

-v@mpireasif

tfgu

Oct 23, 2013
yes you can do that but third party bateries are not as much reliable as manufacturers, i would recomend to have 2 or more bateries form phone producer and swap them as needed.

AlfasMP

Dec 13, 2013
Kerala
www.alfasmp.com
My phn manufacturer has given me 1600mhz battery.now my question is,can i use more powerful battery?

-v@mpireasif

Yes! yes! yes ! Don't use powerful battery than device providers suggestion . More powerful battery can destroy devices harsware .

Click thanks if I helped

Sent from my GT-S7562 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

HTCDreamOn

Jun 17, 2012

-v@mpireasif

I think you mean mAh, maybe your autocorrect has gone haywire :p the capacity of a battery is measured in this unit... Milliampere hours. This is the amount of energy that the battery will allow to let 1 amp of current to flow in one hour. A mAh is NOT a measurement of energy, is a measurement of the speed of the flow of energy... Therefore it's nothing to do with the "power" of the battery. So to answer your question, a 2000mAh battery is absolutely fine as long as its from a reputable manufacturer such as Ankers or Mugen; DO NOT buy any higher capacity batteries with no brand name off eBay. If you're having trouble figuring out if the battery you want is safe then just post the link here and I'll check it out for you :) . another option would be to get a battery from you phone manufacturer which is higher capacity, for example many HTC phones use the same size battery but some are different capacities... Yeah beats me too :silly:

Yes! yes! yes ! Don't use powerful battery than device providers suggestion . More powerful battery can destroy devices harsware .

Click thanks if I helped

This is incorrect. Using a battery of a different voltage would be damaging, but I expect all phone batteries are similar, if not the same, voltage. A battery which provides too much current may be damaging too. But a higher capacity battery is perfectly safe provided the potential difference and current are the same as usual.

AlfasMP

Dec 13, 2013
Kerala
www.alfasmp.com
I think you mean mAh, maybe your autocorrect has gone haywire :p the capacity of a battery is measured in this unit... Milliampere hours. This is the amount of energy that the battery will allow to let 1 amp of current to flow in one hour. A mAh is NOT a measurement of energy, is a measurement of the speed of the flow of energy... Therefore it's nothing to do with the "power" of the battery. So to answer your question, a 2000mAh battery is absolutely fine as long as its from a reputable manufacturer such as Ankers or Mugen; DO NOT buy any higher capacity batteries with no brand name off eBay. If you're having trouble figuring out if the battery you want is safe then just post the link here and I'll check it out for you :) . another option would be to get a battery from you phone manufacturer which is higher capacity, for example many HTC phones use the same size battery but some are different capacities... Yeah beats me too :silly:

This is incorrect. Using a battery of a different voltage would be damaging, but I expect all phone batteries are similar, if not the same, voltage. A battery which provides too much current may be damaging too. But a higher capacity battery is perfectly safe provided the potential difference and current are the same as usual.

You are right . But most people choose their battery by the size .
No one care it's voltage . I know some of them who damaged their device.

Thank you