Z1s taking time to switch from wifi to LTE

Search This thread

scoobdude

Jan 8, 2008
Any one having issues with a long delay between getting off a wifi network and jumping on to the cellular network. Calls work fine is just the days portion that takes awhile.

Sent from my C6916 using XDA Free mobile app

dagsct21

Feb 22, 2013
Miami
Yes happens to me all the time. Heard anything as to why this is & how to fix?

scoobdude

Jan 8, 2008
So far opening and doing a refresh in the slick deals app has been consistent. But other than that nothing. it's almost like it needs something to tell it hey I need Internet now.

Tried disabling mobile data which works occasionally also. Airplane mode is about the same consistency.

dagsct21

Feb 22, 2013
Miami
Yeah toggling airplane on/off is the only workaround I have. Thanks!

Researching

May 6, 2016
Same problem here

I've been having the same problem since my Xperia Z3 Compact received the Over-the-Air update to Lollipop. I have T-Mobile too, and they had me re-enter the APN settings, to no avail. The problem persists. I will not do a Repair because I don't want a factory reset (for various obvious reasons). Plus, reading this thread tells me that a Repair won't fix the problem. Even through the two of us both have T-Mobile, I think this is a coincidence and this problem has nothing to do with the carrier. This is purely a bug in the Sony edition of the Lollipop O/S.