ND8 Battery Results

Search This thread

ReapersDeath

Dec 6, 2011
Washington
Custom ROMs & custom kernels/governors, & lowering the minimum frequency of the CPU. Check my signature. Based on ND8 but stripped of Samsung bloat. I've used Greenify and DS Battery Saver in the past, too, but sometimes it's good to take a step back and minimize the micro managing. This time around I've also only been restoring apps through Titanium Backup as I need them, so absolutely only apps I use are installed.

Also, do you turn off WIFI, mobile data, GPS, & Bluetooth when not using them?

[BATTERY] Plasma Battery! ??? & wickeddecimalbarwide_colors

Charging still shot
senygy6y.jpg

Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy SIII on TouchWiz 4.4.2 with Conquest: Singularity v6.3, Ktoonsez' latest kernel and the latest Philz Touch Recovery.
Well, I'm in airplane mode all the time, GPS never on, mobile data never on. Only wifi with strong signal. Tried the nd8 debloater and it didn't remove much at all. I can't use titanium backup for some reason. Keep getting insufficient storage space error no matter how many times I wipe it and uninstall it and reinstall it. Like for 5 minutes it's okay then insufficient storage space on any backup I do.. Yet more than 8gb free

roirraW "edor" ehT

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Well, I'm in airplane mode all the time, GPS never on, mobile data never on. Only wifi with strong signal. Tried the nd8 debloater and it didn't remove much at all. I can't use titanium backup for some reason. Keep getting insufficient storage space error no matter how many times I wipe it and uninstall it and reinstall it. Like for 5 minutes it's okay then insufficient storage space on any backup I do.. Yet more than 8gb free

That's because stock KitKat changes how apps get permission to access your storage and TB hasn't been updated for the new way. Look for the KitKat SD Fix in the Play Store, or I think just a custom kernel will fix it, or just flash a custom ROM, which will already include a custom kernel and any applicable other fixes for that. We all had that problem when we first got stock KitKat.

[BATTERY] Plasma Battery! ??? & wickeddecimalbarwide_colors

Charging still shot
senygy6y.jpg

Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy SIII on TouchWiz 4.4.2 with Conquest: Singularity v6.3, Ktoonsez' latest kernel and the latest Philz Touch Recovery.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Here's my ND8 stock (rooted) battery results using the stock battery. I've greenify'd almost all my apps and debloated samsung/sprint apps. Slow day at work, so I was on my phone a lot texting, social media, youtube, ect. I got 4 hours of screen time

Screenshot_2014_06_10_16_25_39_Custom.png

Screenshot_2014_06_10_16_25_50_Custom.png
    Just wanted to share battery results here and maybe tell what rom your on etc. To help people choose what may be best for battery life. I'll go first.
    I'm using the zero lemon 7000mah battery. Nd8 deodexed
    Rooted.
    I had all the Samsung stuff on at first but it was wake lock city.
    I turned it off at 30 %
    Now usually I get double these stats on a single charge but a rom takes a day or 2 to settle in.
    Post your results too on stock battery would be good to know too

Sent from my SPH-L710 using XDA Free mobile app
    Thanks for posting this. I haven't really seen anything conclusive on the battery results with this version.

Is it a pretty decent improvement from 4.3?

Yep, and it will be even better when we start modding it

BILGERRYAN-SIG_zps5b0983a1.png
    For the first few weeks I was getting really poor battery life on ND8 and nothing I could do would make it any better. Then suddenly a few days ago it turned around and now I no longer have to plug the phone in mid-day any more. Right now I'm getting great battery life.
    My best guess is that the original problem was an app the was misbehaving under KitKat that got updated, or maybe an update to Google services in the background.
    Can someone post normal battery results? Imo frankly once you have to change your phones weight and size and all that crud, it's no longer really the same thing and only a select group will have said results. The crazy sized batteries results don't help the 90% of us who use stock battery =p sorry if I sound rude.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

If that's the case your going to have to do the research on your own buddy. Everyone has different setups/batteries/apps etc. Even if I was on a standard battery, my results may be different than yours. I can tell you how I do this/why I do that but overall it comes down to how YOU use your phone. We are giving you our response to the question asked. Some of us have changed our size/weight to out phones because the original battery doesn't hold up to our liking. Give nd8 a try with your regular battery and report back. Its just that simple. Hope this helps...

Phone: Galaxy S3
    App: Tapatalk
    Battery: Anker 7200 extended
    Rom at the moment : wicked x kitkat
    * I'm a flash-a-holic *