Only 86.4MB visible when connection S8500

Search This thread

Advena

Apr 11, 2013
Hi,

I'm currently trying to use my Samsung Wave S8500 again, and want to get Android on it. I've done it before but I'm a bit rusty on working with it.
Most things I will be able to figure out and find online.

However there's one problem I'm stuck with. Whenever I connect the phone to the computer I can only see 1 partition of 86.4MB.
Google and the XDA can't help me (At least not with the terms I tried using)

I don't recall what exactly I did with the phone the last time, now I flashed a new Bootloader and Fota from this android version.
When I place the corresponding zlimage file on the 86.4mb partition I can boot into the CWM Recovery mode.
Bada also works like regular. However after using some of the functions in the recovery mode (I didn't really know what I did, and I believe it wasn't too smart) the Memory status is:
Total / Available
System Memory: 564 MB ./ 162 MB
Application Memory 129 MB / 3.00 KB
Internal User Memory 85.2 MB / 38.9 MB

Before using some recovery functions these numbers were different (mainly higher)

Can anyone help me with my problems? I want to get any android version on the phone asap. I have a broken SD card so I hope I can do it without any SD card. (Buying a new SD card is not really an option as my next phone won't have a slot)

Kind regards,

Advena

Advena

Apr 11, 2013
Can't believe it was that simple.
I started reflashing just before I saw your post just to at least have the newest version.
And yes it instantly booted with the full 390MB