[ROM][ND8][TW 4.4.2] Tribute ROM [09-13-2014]

Search This thread

Chad The Pathfinder

Mar 18, 2012
Central Kentucky
OnePlus 8T
Not exactly sure how I did this but...

Edit: I've been trying to get a booting stock nj2 build out of dsixda's kitchen since 6 this morning to no avail. I got so mad at one point I almost threw my phone across the room. But I didn't...

Attachments

• 1421949876261.jpg
    1421949876261.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 375
Last edited:
Issues with the battery....

guess it did not dawn on me that you have to have OGbatteymod.... seems rather large just for a battery. Once back installed, she's purring like a kitten....

not sure if this will, work... just trying to say, I like this very much. seems that everyone want to theme it... lot more than I would prefer, but that's awesome too
More than happy to wait for a zip that will actually work properly. sorry to hear it has been a major headache

tanx

Last edited:
Reactions: Chad The Pathfinder

Chad The Pathfinder

Mar 18, 2012
Central Kentucky
OnePlus 8T
Yep. It started as a quick port of S3Rx then I got to trying things in Tribute. I still have about 3 things to get working right. Bad news for themers though is its a whole new SystemUI so there might me issues. My intention is to make it a separate flashable. An upgrade rather than an update with the ability to revert. If I had the time I'd like to put together an aroma zip but there just aren't enough hours in the day.

TONY6669

Inactive Recognized Themer
Apr 14, 2012
chicago
Yep. It started as a quick port of S3Rx then I got to trying things in Tribute. I still have about 3 things to get working right. Bad news for themers though is its a whole new SystemUI so there might me issues. My intention is to make it a separate flashable. An upgrade rather than an update with the ability to revert. If I had the time I'd like to put together an aroma zip but there just aren't enough hours in the day.
Im still on the first version I flashed of your rom ...no updates for me if it works I leave it alone lol

Sent From Gurple Team Xtreme Tapatalk S3

---------- Post added at 10:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:32 PM ----------

System ui is easy to theme

Sent From Gurple Team Xtreme Tapatalk S3

Chad The Pathfinder

Mar 18, 2012
Central Kentucky
OnePlus 8T
Tony, I seem to have forgotten where this bar is. I made it transparent in my original SystemUI but I'm having trouble with it in my update. Could you tell me where it is? This time I'm turning it back rather than transparent.

Attachments

• 1423158589552.jpg
    1423158589552.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 176

Chad The Pathfinder

Mar 18, 2012
Central Kentucky
OnePlus 8T
Tribute-S3Rx Settings Upgrade

Keeping in line with the direction of this ROM as a "tribute" to development of the Samsung Galaxy SIII, I give you the Tribute-S3Rx settings upgrade

S3Rx.png

S3Rx is a TouchWiz custom ROM for the AT&T GSIII by enewman17. He and loserskater have made numerous contributions to the XDA community. They are the ones who deserve all the credit for these mods and a great deal of thanks for alowing me the privilege of useing this work to enhance our user experience in Tribute.

The features added by flashing this are:

• App ops (Moved to settings/My Device/Extras)
  • Notifications History
  • Long press kill
  • Music control
  • Heads-up notifications
  • Volume panel timeout
  • Crt effect
  • Battery Style (Previously in Display Settings)
  • Clock position
  • AM/PM Style
  • Day of the week
  • Clock color
  • Keyboard notification
  • Alarm icon
  • Blocking Mode
  • Battery notification
  • Voice search app
  • Double tap home
  • Quick unlock
  • Enable AOSP lock screen
  • Secure lock screen widgets
  • And several previously unavailable unlock effects.
Instructions:

To flash I recomend
1. Disable/uninstall Xposed framework
2. Wipe cache and Dalvik Cache
3. Flash the zip and reboot.

Download:
AndroidFileHost

The reason I have decided to make this an independent upgrade instead of an update is for those who like the themes. This required a different SystemUI. You can flash the themes after flashing this upgrade but doing so will disable most of the upgraded options.

Issue:
There is one issue that hasn't been a problem for me and I haven't been able to figure out. In settings/Network Connections/Wi-Fi/Advanced there is a check box option for "Automattically connect to AT&T Wi-Fi Hotspot when detected" and it wont stay unchecked.

As always, flash at your own risk.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    TRIBUTE%202.0.png

-
    Screen%20Shots.png

This is a simple, moderately de-bloated, deodexed, TW ND8 ROM based on CNexus' Stock ND8 KitKat ROM
    Themed as a tribute to previous development.
    ROMs I've used (with permission!) to put the theme together are:

WS_small.png
    Dandroid_small.png
    TPR_3.png

Features:

-DeOdex
    -Compatible with
    TONY6669's themes found in Sprint Galaxy S III Themes and Apps. Thanks Tony6669!
    -Compatable with
    porkyhontas' themes found in Sprint Galaxy S III Themes and Apps. Thanks Porkyhontas!
    -5X4 SecLauncher2 LINK
    -Knox apps removed
    -Moderately de-bloated
    -1% battery mod LINK
    -
    OGBatteryMod to change the battery icon on the fly LINK
    -
    Signal display shows 1X, 3G and 4G properly LINK
    -Modded SecWallpaperChooser with Spidey Wallpapers from T.P.R.
    -Boot up and down sounds deleted
    -Camera shutter sound option in camera settings
    -Hotspot Mod LINK
    -ktoonsez KT747 kernel LINK
    -TW KitKat external sd write permission fix LINK
    -Custom pull down enabled
    *Custom pull down in the released version of "Tribute" was by
    mholloway Thanks man!
    -Custom boot animation enabled LINK
    -No Creepy Smiling Guys in your apps LINK
    -Flashlight toggle enabled LINK
    *Flashlight toggle is active at boot. No need to run the "add flashlight toggle" zip.
    -Custom ringtones, notifications, and UI sounds (Some are the video game sound effects from Dandroid :cool:)

-The last useful version of Google Maps (IMO). 6.14.2 w/KML layer usage (remove updates if it gets auto-updated)
    *See change log for additional features

Issues:
    *The only issue is with the battery percentage in settings conflicting with the OGBatteryMod. Just make sure the setting in the settings/my device/Display/Show battery percentage and settings/my device/Display/Battery Icon match.

Change log:

09-13-2014:
    -New Modded SecLauncher2 LINK
    -Removed Sprint Connection Optimizer Thanks tdunham! LINK
    -Removed Samsung Music Player
    -Added Sony Walkman Thanks bilgerryan! LINK
    -Added Viper4Android Thanks ViPER520 and zhuhang! LINK
    -Added status bar gestures Xposed module Thanks MythosXe! LINK
    -Changed bootanimation
    -Changed splash screen
    -Xposed proofed my csc/features.xml Thanks tdunham! LINK
    -Added app ops in settings Thanks F4bioo! LINK
    -Made the in call status bar color more transparent
    -Changed the OGBatteryMod name in display setting to "Battery Icon"

*The previous issue with the battery percentage in settings conflicting with the OGBatteryMod still persists. I forgot to look into fixing it. Just make sure the setting in the settings/my device/Display/Show battery percentage and settings/my device/Display/Battery Icon match.

08-03-2014:
    -Fixed signal display to show 1X LINK Thanks tdunham
    -Added OGBatteryMod to change the battery icon on the fly. LINK Thanks talkingmonkeys and enewman17
    -Removed App Opps Starter
    -Fixed previous problem with HotSpot not working at flash.
    * ISSUE

06-29-2014:
    -Changed to KT747 kernel LINK
    -Changed splash screen. Thanks talkingmonkeys for telling me how to do this!
    -Added LG G3 keyboard by Cloudyfa LINK
    *There is a small issue when using the LG keyboard. When switching to use voice to type, there is a popup that says the LG keyboard has stopped. Just ckick "Ok" and use normally.
    -Added modded aosp keyboard by rompnit from MOAR
    -Changed stock Samsung keyboard to the modded Samsung keyboard by talkingmonkeys and enewman17 LINK
    -Removed am/pm from status bar clock. Thanks moonknightus! LINK
    -Changed the in call status bar color to blue. Thanks the_original_teknikl! LINK
    -Modded SecWallpaperChooser to include wallpapers from Conquest Singularity LINK
    -Added native expanded reboot menu. Thanks bilgerryan LINK
    -Added App Opps Starter LINK

* I just realized the hotspot mod isn't working right on 1.2 so go HERE to get it working. Sorry!

Change log 05-31-2014:
    -Initial release

Instructions:
    *Requirement* You must already be on ND8!!!
    (or at least have flashed the tar/OTA)
    IF YOU ARE UNSURE ON THIS PROCESS DIRECT ALL QUESTIONS TO THIS THREAD -HERE
    1. Download ROM and copy to SD
    2. Check md5sum against the one on AndroidFileHost to ensure a good download (md5sum Checker is free in the Play Store)
    3. Reboot into recovery
    4. Wipe system, data, cache, and dalvik
    5. Flash ROM
    6. Reboot
    7. Enjoy

Download:
    DL 2.0 HERE 09-13-2014 (Newest)

DL 1.3 HERE 08-03-2014

DL 1.2 HERE 06-29-2014

DL 1.0 HERE 05-31-2014

ViPER4Android:
    (From the V4A website)
    "ViPER’s Audio is an audio enhancing software to provide everyone with better audio experiences in various platforms such as smartphones and PCs."

It can be a bit overwhelming to try to figure out all the things that can be done with this powerfull audio tool. Here are some links to help you get started.

LINK to original XDA thread
    LINK to Impulse Response Sample Index thread
    LINK to ViPER's Audio web site
    LINK to GS3 discussion thread by 6th_Hokage

Extras:

I've noticed some folks just wanting the grey themed email and calendar apks so here you go.
    Just flash in recovery and always remember to make a backup first before flashing something new.
    SecClaendar_NAmerica

SecEmail_J

SPlannerAppWidget_NAmerica

There have been sooo many people who have helped me learn about android and programming in general here at xda that I wont be able to remember them all nor will I be able to list all the contributions. So here is a short list, in no particular order, of folks who have either directly or indirectly help me with this project. Thank you all very much!
    dazednconfused, CNexus, bilgerryan, ktoonsez, decimalman, KennyG123, moonknightus, talkingmonkeys, enewman17, Cloudyfa, Danvdh, digiblur, anbech, metalfan78, rompnit, tdunham, Dread7us, strapped365, prboy1969, mholloway, [motionless], TDJ512, BigSplit, CyanogenMod, megaghostgamer, newtoroot, turkbot, Papa Smurf151, gruesomewolf, sparksco, the_plattypus, dodgejcr, preludedrew, drob311, VICODAN, aamikam, notsointeresting, TroNit, -somebody-, Rosario34, NRGZ28, rishabh.raj37, one_love_420, Chainfire, MrCoolHand, dsixda, mendozinas, iBotPeaches, Ticklefish, rovo89, wanam, shekinahsmoke, crawrj, rocket321, miked63017, poit, the_original_teknikl, TONY6669, SkywalkerZ , MythosXe

Disclaimer: Flash at your own risk!
    *It is important to note that there may be additional issues I don't know about and as I am a truck driver, not a programmer I may or may not be able to fix things.
    Everyone is encouraged to do what ever you like with anything I post, but a little credit would be appreciated.

Individual screenshots
    a%20Screenshot_2014-01-31-09-36-44.png
    Screenshot_2014-05-30-17-12-14.png
    Screenshot_2014-09-13-07-54-46.png
    Screenshot_2014-09-08-19-51-55.png
    Screenshot_2014-09-13-08-01-28.png
    Screenshot_2014-09-13-11-21-23.png
    Screenshot_2014-05-30-17-17-22.png
    Screenshot_2014-05-30-17-09-21.png
    Screenshot_2014-05-30-17-08-57.png
    Screenshot_2014-05-31-06-04-18.png
    Tribute 3.2 is HERE

HERE is the S3Rx setting upgrade.

HERE you can get the S5 launcher and all the goodies it comes with as well as a revert zip if you like the S3 launcher better.

HERE is a test build of Tribute 3.0.

HERE you can get Tribute/RedButtered splash screen, and a Tribute/RedButtered video boot animation by @cbrox for those who wish to use them. Be sure to click "Thanks"

HERE you can get some cool splash screens by 6th_Hokage. Thanks man! Be sure to go to his thread HERE and click "Thanks".

HERE is an antinag zip for those who want it.

HERE you can change the in call background from Tan to Black.

HERE are some cool animations by bilgerryan. Be sure to click "Thanks".

HERE you can find links to several very awesome themes by TONY6669. Be sure to check all of them out and click "Thanks"

More "Spidey Stuff" can be found HERE by Randy3011 . Thanks man!

bilgerryan's faster, unthemed launcher is HERE

Here are some custom pull downs available for the non-upgraded version:
    All Black Pull Down
    Just flash this in recovery.
    Screenshot_2014-06-03-22-31-21.png

Spidey pulldown HERE
    Spidey%20Pulldown.jpg

Tribute red letter HERE
    Screenshot_2014-09-13-11-21-23.png

Black Carbon HERE (default)
    Screenshot_2014-09-13-11-34-43.png

*Note: all of the flashable pulldowns from Wicked X should be compatible with this ROM.

If anyone wants more toggles, check out THIS POST in the Wicked X thread. If you choose to use these, you'll lose your flashlight toggle but if you want it back, flash CNexus' "Add_flashlight_toggle.zip" found HERE after the two in the post and you'll be good to go.
    Just to give you guys a heads up, we managed to get the NJ2 system.img unpacked. With a little more time we should have something to share. Stay tuned.
    Not exactly sure how I did this but...

Edit: I've been trying to get a booting stock nj2 build out of dsixda's kitchen since 6 this morning to no avail. I got so mad at one point I almost threw my phone across the room. But I didn't...
    Off topic for a minute...
    attachment.php.jpg