Has anyone tried this rom out?

Search This thread

Raymondlikesroot

Jan 28, 2014
Heyyy,

I'm thinking about flashing this with safestrap on NC5 but I have never really heard much about it. May people running this rom on safestrap tell me if it is totally stable with safestrap? Because it seems like it was not built for safestrap.

Here is the download link http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23501681358541454. I think it is different from this post because googlie may have altered this one

Last edited:

dm1105

Oct 24, 2010
Heyyy,

I'm thinking about flashing this with safestrap on NC5 but I have never really heard much about it. May people running this rom on safestrap tell me if it is totally stable with safestrap? Because it seems like it was not built for safestrap.

Here is the download link http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23501681358541454. I think it is different from this post because googlie may have altered this one

I'm running it and it is mostly stable. It has a few things that don't work

1) The signal bar doesn't display signal strength. The bars are shaded gray but you're getting reception when it says you're not. It does say 4G, 3G, 1X, etc.

2) Dialer crashes from the very beginning. It sometimes works, but most of the time, you'll get the "Unfortunately, dialer has stopped working," error message. I installed Swipedialer Pro to use as my primary dialer. It has an authentic AOSP feel and look.

3) Tethering isn't working for some reason.

4) When you first long-press the power button to bring up the power menu, you'll notice that the phone just reboots! To fix, go to the ROM Customizer app, then go to ROM Settings> System/ Kernel Mods> Powermenu Toggles and enable all the toggles. (GravityBox can also interfere with the power menu for some reason, so I disabled it just to avoid any issues).

5) The Gmail app that comes with the ROM FC's every time. You have to delete Gmail from the /system/app folder with something like Root Explorer, and reboot. Then install Gmail from the Playstore.

6) Sounds settings FC every time. However, you can still change ringtones through call settings. Not really a big issue for me.

I know that sounds like a lot, but other than this, it's actually one of the BEST Roms for the S4. It's actually my daily driver and it's the only rom I've used that is closest to the AOSP feel and look for our phone (I HATE Touchwiz!!!) Lol.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Last edited:
Reactions: Raymondlikesroot

Tulsadiver

Recognized Contributor
Jul 11, 2013
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Heyyy,

Have you tried Duxter? It's a pretty slick rom.

Reactions: Raymondlikesroot

Tulsadiver

Recognized Contributor
Jul 11, 2013
Google Pixel 7 Pro
@Tulsadiver Which one is Duxter? GDux by giglieo in the Dev section? I can't seem to find the download for it if so :confused:

Is everything working in it... Wifi, BT, GPS, dialer, sound, ect....???

Yes, GDux 2.0 is what I'm running though there is a 2.1 now. I did the slim I believe. It's there highlighted in blue text. Kind of hidden within his words instead of by itself. I'm running it right now. If you want it themed a little differently I have a zip that has everything I like in it. Toggle icons, wifi, data, and various misc. ones. The 2.0 version has round lighted toggles and the icons I like fit right in the middle of those. Looks pretty neat and it enables all toggles as well. I think you need to add a browser and maybe email. I like to put them in the rom before installing because it makes life easier.

Last edited:
Reactions: lazer9

lazer9

Oct 17, 2007
Hermitage, PA
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
Yes, GDux 2.0 is what I'm running though there is a 2.1 now. I did the slim I believe. It's there highlighted in blue text. Kind of hidden within his words instead of by itself. I'm running it right now. If you want it themed a little differently I have a zip that has everything I like in it. Toggle icons, wifi, data, and various misc. ones. The 2.0 version has round lighted toggles and the icons I like fit right in the middle of those. Looks pretty neat and it enables all toggles as well. I think you need to add a browser and maybe email. I like to put them in the rom before installing because it makes life easier.

Is there a link somewhere for the 2.1 version and is it confirmed working on Verizon?

How is the battery life? I've been most disappointed in all the 4.4.2 KitKat Roms I've tried along with Surges Base rom with the Android System & Android OS taking away a day of battery and an hour of screen time as opposed to 4.3 & Roms.

Tulsadiver

Recognized Contributor
Jul 11, 2013
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Is there a link somewhere for the 2.1 version and is it confirmed working on Verizon?

How is the battery life? I've been most disappointed in all the 4.4.2 KitKat Roms I've tried along with Surges Base rom with the Android System & Android OS taking away a day of battery and an hour of screen time as opposed to 4.3 & Roms.

I don't think any of them can equal or beat a 4.3 but GDux is worth trying and yes I've installed it as well but I just prefer 2.0. You should be able to get it from here. They all have little quirks.

http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23501681358543218

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Heyyy,

I'm running it and it is mostly stable. It has a few things that don't work

1) The signal bar doesn't display signal strength. The bars are shaded gray but you're getting reception when it says you're not. It does say 4G, 3G, 1X, etc.

2) Dialer crashes from the very beginning. It sometimes works, but most of the time, you'll get the "Unfortunately, dialer has stopped working," error message. I installed Swipedialer Pro to use as my primary dialer. It has an authentic AOSP feel and look.

3) Tethering isn't working for some reason.

4) When you first long-press the power button to bring up the power menu, you'll notice that the phone just reboots! To fix, go to the ROM Customizer app, then go to ROM Settings> System/ Kernel Mods> Powermenu Toggles and enable all the toggles. (GravityBox can also interfere with the power menu for some reason, so I disabled it just to avoid any issues).

5) The Gmail app that comes with the ROM FC's every time. You have to delete Gmail from the /system/app folder with something like Root Explorer, and reboot. Then install Gmail from the Playstore.

6) Sounds settings FC every time. However, you can still change ringtones through call settings. Not really a big issue for me.

I know that sounds like a lot, but other than this, it's actually one of the BEST Roms for the S4. It's actually my daily driver and it's the only rom I've used that is closest to the AOSP feel and look for our phone (I HATE Touchwiz!!!) Lol.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    Heyyy,

Have you tried Duxter? It's a pretty slick rom.
    @Tulsadiver Which one is Duxter? GDux by giglieo in the Dev section? I can't seem to find the download for it if so :confused:

Is everything working in it... Wifi, BT, GPS, dialer, sound, ect....???